No announcement yet.

Birds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the birds land on locations without the Bird_Perch_TargetPoint?
    No, A perching bird will only perch on places with a Bird_Perch_TargetPoint. It could be that the bird was landing on the ground and the beam got in the way. is there a ground target near that beam?

Comment

No ground targets near the beam. I have seen them land on other things also. Will do some more testing.

Comment

how can we disable the flying feature and walk away from character feature?

Comment

hi, i bought this package, my birds are not reacting when i move to them, and some bird have problem with landscape collision, i dont change anything just merging in my project, adding ground, sky and perch target. i have a navmesh, i rebuild the navigation, i try much thing but i cant fix it.. help.

Comment

i found that was the dedicated server problem, if i enable dedicated, this is not working. help.

Comment

Birds is currently setup for single player setup. I'll look into multiplayer in future updates.

Comment

Really nice Asset, however I am having problems with a water plane. My scenery is basically a ship which sits on a water plane in the map. My birds take off, fly but somehow fly into the water to land on the ocean surface. How can I tell the birds to avoid the water?

Comment

You might try disabling their collision during flight.
                  If the birds collide with anything during flight they will always fall down to the ground or in your case the water.

Comment

It is not a matter of them colliding with anything in the air and falling down. The birds circle in the sky and then when they go to land they are not registering the water plane and fly right through it to land on the sea floor. So they more or less disappear from sight. Would it be possible to tell the birds to avoid the waterplane mesh?

Comment

Can anyone help me on this matter?

Comment

I guess you didn't see my reply to your IM. Have you placed ground targets in your level? When its time to land the birds don't just land anywhere, they land where the ground targets are. so if they are flying to the bottom of your water then I'm guessing something is not setup correctly.

Comment

Disregard this post! Was sitting in submission hell while I was chatting with you via IM.
                          Last edited by Matabus; 12-13-2018, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X