Dialogue Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    There is a big need in adding object blueprints or other custom types of structures to every node (NPC and Player), so we can transit non-default data to widget. Are there any ways to do that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post

- The only way you could export it is through UE4's localization system. I wish I had the time to implement the export/import to/from json, so maybe in the future.
    - Haha I wish I could do that. The entire graph is custom made, i.e. took me months to write. Comments would be a major feature, and would require at least a couple of weeks to do. It's definitely a feature I wish the plugin had, but it's too big of an endeavor for me right now.
    - I was a bit surprised by your remark, so I went and checked, and curiously enough, I answered questions above and below yours, but somehow missed just yours. Maybe they were in pre-moderation? Anyway, if you have questions in the future, please write me an email. Marketplace questions section is not well suited for that.
    Understandable. There are a handful of features that would really take this plugin over the edge but I get that you only have so much time you can invest.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ore Creative View Post
    Had a couple questions.
    • Is there any way to export dialogue for spell checking? Even if it outputs to a table I could open it in google sheets, that would be useful.
    • In the next update can you add blue print comments in the dialogue graph? I'd like to use it to help organize and access some of our larger dialogue setups at a glance dialogue.
    • Is this plugin losing support? You don't seem to be answering questions on your marketplace page anymore.
    - The only way you could export it is through UE4's localization system. I wish I had the time to implement the export/import to/from json, so maybe in the future.
    - Haha I wish I could do that. The entire graph is custom made, i.e. took me months to write. Comments would be a major feature, and would require at least a couple of weeks to do. It's definitely a feature I wish the plugin had, but it's too big of an endeavor for me right now.
    - I was a bit surprised by your remark, so I went and checked, and curiously enough, I answered questions above and below yours, but somehow missed just yours. Maybe they were in pre-moderation? Anyway, if you have questions in the future, please write me an email. Marketplace questions section is not well suited for that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LordZedd_02 View Post
    Hi I need help with a simple setup. After finishing the conversation and re-entering it, NPC greets me in a different way and has other dialogue options. For example for the first time he says "hello" and for the second time "welcome again". Should I use dialog events or conditions or meaby both?
    I recorded a video of myself doing it today. It's unedited, and I'm doing it for the first time, so I get a few things wrong at first and then have to go back and correct them, and as a result it's an hour long. But I try to explain my thought process and if you're new to unreal, I think it could be somewhat educational. Anyway, the purpose is to explain how to do a certain feature, and the video achieves that. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpxErm--dvE

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Had a couple questions.
    • Is there any way to export dialogue for spell checking? Even if it outputs to a table I could open it in google sheets, that would be useful.
    • In the next update can you add blue print comments in the dialogue graph? I'd like to use it to help organize and access some of our larger dialogue setups at a glance dialogue.
    • Is this plugin losing support? You don't seem to be answering questions on your marketplace page anymore.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LordZedd_02 View Post
    ... Should I use dialog events or conditions or meaby both?
    I have a feeling you could use an event to replace the dialogue with a new one after it's completed. When I get a chance to look into implementing this myself I'll be sure to post a solution. Probably look into it tomorrow evening.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi I need help with a simple setup. After finishing the conversation and re-entering it, NPC greets me in a different way and has other dialogue options. For example for the first time he says "hello" and for the second time "welcome again". Should I use dialog events or conditions or meaby both?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have another quesition, does this plugin suport mobile platform?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xermao View Post
    How can I fix this?When I type a chinese word in dialogue,it can not print it correctly.
    Thanks for pointing it out. Actually, not only Chinese couldn't be displayed, but also Arabic, Korean, Japanese, etc.

I've fixed it for the 4.24 version, expect to see an update as soon as the marketplace team uploads it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How can I fix this?When I type a chinese word in dialogue,it can not print it correctly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My bad, the example project work fine in 4.24, not work in 4.22. Thanks.
    Last edited by Sunlolo; 02-05-2020, 07:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Calhoun View Post
    Hey guys, so one thing I don't understand is how to access actors in the world through events and conditions without passing through the player controller. I tried to use for example "get all actors of class" (Yes I know it's expensive) and though the node executes fine it has a none reference and ultimately can't set or get variables from other actors.
    I could have a look at your project to try and figure out why "get all actors of class" doesn't work for you. Send it to me by email, if you want me to have a look.

Otherwise, making a getter through player controller or game instance, or any other way you want is fine. There's not a million classes, and not a million things that could happen. But if you DO have a lot of things that can happen in your level, then just make a class "SceneManager", make one getter to it through PlayerController and there you go, you have access to the class that makes stuff happen like opening doors, playing in-engine cut-scenes etc. And all you need is just one getter on the player controller.

Originally posted by Sunlolo View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz8SEBusQtA
    Where is the example project for this tut? I download the example project for the condition tut from GITLAB and got the error when hit play: Couldn't spawn player: Failed to spawn player controller. I'm newbee using 4.22!
    I just redownloaded it and checked, and it works without any errors. I think it could be helpful to watch a couple of Epic's tutorials on how to start working in engine.
    Last edited by CodeSpartan; 02-01-2020, 02:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, first of all amazing product I love it. I would like to change a few things and I see that all of the necessary functions are there but I can't figure it out. What Im trying to make is a dialog system similar to firewatch and what I mean by that is:

1. I want to scroll through the displayed node using mouse wheel. I was able to add keyboard arrows using "on key down" input but unfortunately it doesn't work with mouse wheel up. Any idea how can I achieve that.

2. I would like to move camera freely without holding mouse wheel.

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys, so one thing I don't understand is how to access actors in the world through events and conditions without passing through the player controller. I tried to use for example "get all actors of class" (Yes I know it's expensive) and though the node executes fine it has a none reference and ultimately can't set or get variables from other actors.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz8SEBusQtA
    Where is the example project for this tut? I download the example project for the condition tut from GITLAB and got the error when hit play: Couldn't spawn player: Failed to spawn player controller. I'm newbee using 4.22!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X