No announcement yet.

Dialogue Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any update on a 4.13-compatible build? Thinking of picking this up once I upgrade.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TBWright View Post
      Any update on a 4.13-compatible build?
      Just sent the 4.13 compatible version to the marketplace, should go live soon.

Changelog:
      * Bugfix: Conditions only worked in nodes that were preceded by a PC line.
      * New: Gamepad support for the first 4 dialogue lines. You can select them through face buttons.
      Last edited by Glabrezu; 09-03-2016, 02:33 PM.
      Dialogue Plugin

Comment

The 4.13 just went live. Also, we're happy to announce that the plugin is on sale for two weeks.
        MMO Starter Kit
        Dialogue Plugin
        Voxel Plugin
        Character Customization: Female
        Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Finally got around after buying this system months ago to dig in. Man I love it. Its so straight forward and if you know your way around blueprints with as stated minimal C++ (seriously, adding a bool or FName is IZI PIZI! hehe). But no seriously, I was looking at Dialogue plugins for a long time, and then when I seen this one pop up back then I was instantly sold.
          Current Project - *shush shush* Ehh.. When its ready?

Comment

Great plugin, really easy and well thought out. If anyone wants to implemented a typed text, I found a way to do it. Its not super elegant, but this works.. I tried with foreloops and appending strings, to no avail. The branch checks to see if its a space key entered and changes and changes the delay like they are thinking of the next word. Possibly better if there is a question asked to have some delay in thinking.

Just plug the NPCtext directly varible into the NPCText, text.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TypedText.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	372.2 KB
ID:	1115867
            Last edited by popawheelie; 09-25-2016, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=25447]CodeSpartan[/MENTION]

Will this work with your MMO Starter kit?

Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                Hey [MENTION=25447]CodeSpartan[/MENTION]

Will this work with your MMO Starter kit?

Just curious
                Sure. It's game agnostic.
                MMO Starter Kit
                Dialogue Plugin
                Voxel Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
                  Sure. It's game agnostic.
                  Thanks for the heads up

Will be picking it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Glabrezu View Post
                    Here's how I'd do it:

Make an array of structs "VisitedDialogues" on GameInstance or on PlayerState. Could also put it on PlayerController. Whichever you prefer, just make sure it's persistent between levels.

The struct "VisitedDialogues" itself should contain:
                    1) A reference to a dialogue asset
                    2) An array of ints. These will contain the node IDs that you've already clicked before.

Then, I assume you don't want to hide any nodes that end the dialogue, even if you've clicked them before, right? Because that may result in inescapable dialogues
                    Save your reply here, so you avoid saving the dialogue ending nodes in your history:

Then insert a simple check in the "DisplayReplies" event (it spawns reply lines), so you don't spawn the ones you've already clicked before. You can find it in DemoDialogueWidget -> Event Graph.

If you have troubles with these explanations or need a more thorough guide, don't hesitate to ask.
                    Would it be possibly to go through this with a little more depth? I can get the text to display once, but the player replies get reset when I restart the dialogue in the same play session, even though they are present in the array of VisitedDialogues..

Comment

Originally posted by popawheelie View Post
                      Would it be possibly to go through this with a little more depth? I can get the text to display once, but the player replies get reset when I restart the dialogue in the same play session, even though they are present in the array of VisitedDialogues..
                      Sure,

Then create this function:

And then:

MMO Starter Kit
                      Dialogue Plugin
                      Voxel Plugin

Comment

Hey, me and my team already have a dialogue system already implemented... were only interested in using the part that allows you to make a conversation flow thru nodes.... Is it possible (even with some extra work) to make the node editor in this plug in with our own system??? Were in Final Project at our college and while we cant use other peoples code for full on systems to make the game we are allowed to use plug-ins to help us create content.

Hope my question actually made sense.

Comment

Originally posted by angelicpyro143 View Post
                          Hey, me and my team already have a dialogue system already implemented... were only interested in using the part that allows you to make a conversation flow thru nodes.... Is it possible (even with some extra work) to make the node editor in this plug in with our own system??? Were in Final Project at our college and while we cant use other peoples code for full on systems to make the game we are allowed to use plug-ins to help us create content.

Hope my question actually made sense.
                          Considering the amount of work it would involve and the fact that it's for a college project, it's not something I'd recommend. I suggest you keep your existing system.
                          MMO Starter Kit
                          Dialogue Plugin
                          Voxel Plugin

Comment

Cheers CodeSpartan! Thank you.

Comment

Hi. I asked this on Marketplace plugin page, but maybe someone can answer here sooner:

1) "Source files included": does this mean I can alter the editor itself to fit my needs? Or even the dialogue mechanics itself (adding cutscene nodes, for example, or other custom nodes I can implement)? I.e. is everything truly available for modifications via the source code, or something is pre-compiled? We can't afford to hit a dead end sometimes during development, so full source code access is a #1 factor for me (which was also a primary argument in "UE vs Unity" choice).

2) The current conditions system doesn't look too practical to me. We have so many kinds of various checks that listing them all in a column, one by one, won't really work for us. Can it be changed so it works like events system, i.e. executing some blueprint function that returns bool and that can contain any amount of checks inside? This is not feature request, just asking if it's possible to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
                                Hi. I asked this on Marketplace plugin page, but maybe someone can answer here sooner:

1) "Source files included": does this mean I can alter the editor itself to fit my needs? Or even the dialogue mechanics itself (adding cutscene nodes, for example, or other custom nodes I can implement)? I.e. is everything truly available for modifications via the source code, or something is pre-compiled? We can't afford to hit a dead end sometimes during development, so full source code access is a #1 factor for me (which was also a primary argument in "UE vs Unity" choice).

2) The current conditions system doesn't look too practical to me. We have so many kinds of various checks that listing them all in a column, one by one, won't really work for us. Can it be changed so it works like events system, i.e. executing some blueprint function that returns bool and that can contain any amount of checks inside? This is not feature request, just asking if it's possible to do.
                                1) Full source code is included. You can modify the editor itself, add any types of custom nodes, and everything else.

2) You mean like you typing "CanReceiveCoronationQuest" in the dialogue editor, and then going to blueprints and checking for various things to make sure the player is allowed to get the "coronation quest"? Sure, it's possible.
                                MMO Starter Kit
                                Dialogue Plugin
                                Voxel Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X