Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erWilly View Post
    Thanks for your time.

ok. So I cannot put a struct type inside the struct FdialogueEvents .
    Sure you can, as long as it's a C++ struct.
    Dialogue Plugin

Comment

c++ struct... I suppose it will be fixed data. There's no blueprint structure type?

Comment

Originally posted by erWilly View Post
        hi Glabrezu I haven't the plugin yet. I am a 99% future costumer. but I wanna skip the c++ part.
        Same here. I would like to buy your plug-in, but... I will not, if I wont be able to do everything in blueprints.

Comment

Hi. Are there any plans for native support for FPS/Third person template ?

Comment

Thank you so much for a quick response! I followed the FAQ tutorial to a T - but got stuck on step 5 - specifically - I cannot find how to implement "On Key Down" or "On Key Up" - in purple. Any chance we could get a quick video tutorial of this? I think it could help a lot of people =D Thank you so much! -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwikah Inc View Post
              Thank you so much for a quick response! I followed the FAQ tutorial to a T - but got stuck on step 5 - specifically - I cannot find how to implement "On Key Down" or "On Key Up" - in purple. Any chance we could get a quick video tutorial of this? I think it could help a lot of people =D Thank you so much! -Alex
              You can override functions like this:

Originally posted by Dlem View Post
              Hi. Are there any plans for native support for FPS/Third person template ?
              The plugin works with any UE4 project. If you have a concrete implementation in mind, feel free to ask.

Originally posted by Alara View Post
              Same here. I would like to buy your plug-in, but... I will not, if I wont be able to do everything in blueprints.
              Events/conditions logic is done in blueprints. Only fields are done in C++, which doesn't require any C++ knowledge: you don't need to actually write code, you just copy & paste a couple of fields, guided by a video/text tutorial.
              Dialogue Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Glabrezu View Post
                Events/conditions logic is done in blueprints. Only fields are done in C++, which doesn't require any C++ knowledge: you don't need to actually write code, you just copy & paste a couple of fields, guided by a video/text tutorial.
                Thak you for your answer!
                But to do that I have to convert my project to C++ one and I dont want to do that, I want it to be blueprint project. Is there any way around that? Or maybe some update in the future? Then I will just wait for it

Comment

Originally posted by Alara View Post
                  Thak you for your answer!
                  But to do that I have to convert my project to C++ one and I dont want to do that, I want it to be blueprint project. Is there any way around that? Or maybe some update in the future? Then I will just wait for it
                  It's highly recommended to use C++ events/conditions with Dialogue Plugin unless you have a specific reason not to. It's the only way to easily use all of the native UE4 classes as well as your game's classes in events/conditions. It doesn't mean you have to convert all of your blueprint classes to C++ (for example you can use AActor in fields instead of your game blueprint actor classes) so your project will still be a 99% blueprint project.

Theoretically, you could add events/conditions in another C++ project and then copy & paste the compiled Binaries of Dialogue Plugin to your project, but I don't recommend that. Also, this way you will be able to use only native UE4 classes and not your game's classes.
                  MMO Starter Kit
                  Dialogue Plugin
                  Voxel Plugin
                  Character Customization: Female
                  Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	inio.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1108282

I swear on the soul of my father, Domingo Montoya, I will never going to use native UE4 classes.

If there are not technical reasson, I dont know why you dont can let me us a blueprint version. At last put a tutorial.
                    Last edited by DomusLudus; 06-14-2016, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I don't think you understood my post - events and conditions in Dialogue Plugin are meant to be used just like described in the user guide and video tutorial - first you edit Dialogue.h to add the fields and then you add the logic in blueprints. There's no way to do it strictly in blueprints (for technical reasons).
                      MMO Starter Kit
                      Dialogue Plugin
                      Voxel Plugin
                      Character Customization: Female
                      Character Custmization: Male

Comment

ops Sorry you start the post with "It's highly recommended to use C++ events/conditions with Dialogue Plugin unless you have a specific reason not to." it confuses me.

Yes, checking the docs look easy add the variables in c++, my problems with c++ is more a principle related. After two years of blueprints, having to write code it seems medioval as punched cards.

Comment

Please forgive me if this has been asked and answered... Let's say I would like to modify a reputation variable based on several choices during the dialog process. Would that be an event / condition? Already purchased and I've not had a single look into it, so apologies for not reading all of the docs yet. Just need a yes or no.

Also, another person put out dialog plugin that also uses different cameras, is that possible? Thanks for all your work!

teak
                          "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                          -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

Originally posted by teak421 View Post
                            Let's say I would like to modify a reputation variable based on several choices during the dialog process. Would that be an event / condition?
                            Sure, it's an event.

Originally posted by teak421 View Post
                            Also, another person put out dialog plugin that also uses different cameras, is that possible?
                            Sure, you can tweak the UMG widget to center the camera on the person who's currently speaking.

If you need help with that, don't hesitate to ask.
                            Dialogue Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Glabrezu View Post
                              Sure, it's an event.

Sure, you can tweak the UMG widget to center the camera on the person who's currently speaking.

If you need help with that, don't hesitate to ask.
                              Perfect, thanks... Apologies for the noob question, I should have researched first.....! But, I will admit, knowing up front that it does do this makes me at least feel better. <smiles>

teak
                              "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                              -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

hi,
                                very usefull plugin. works fine for me, but is there anywhere a overview how the variable types are called in c++? i especialy search for actor class refference.
                                thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X