• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied

Originally posted by Sasha McLean View Post
    Hi CodeSpartan.

Not sure if this has been answered somewhere else before:
    Is it possible to bind the text? In that, it picks a text from a data table (to swap between different languages)
    The plugin is compatible with UE4's native localization system.

Originally posted by chackaloso View Post
    Hi, when I click to the replies with the mouse cursor it freezes up and nothing works.
    If I select the reply with keyboard arrows and set it so enter responds then it will work...
    What do I need to do to get the mouse cursor to trigger the buttons?
    Please check out the #5.5 FAQ section in the documentation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, when I click to the replies with the mouse cursor it freezes up and nothing works.
    If I select the reply with keyboard arrows and set it so enter responds then it will work...
    What do I need to do to get the mouse cursor to trigger the buttons?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi CodeSpartan.

Not sure if this has been answered somewhere else before:
    Is it possible to bind the text? In that, it picks a text from a data table (to swap between different languages)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I have a problem with selecting Actor Objects Referances in a dialogue event that I created. I made a simple 'Master Quest' actor then created child actors of him and placed them in the level. I created a dialogue event that adds Quest (child of Master Quest) to Quest Log (Actor type). In the dialogue window after selecting the created event I can see the child actors (quests) in a drop down list however I am unable to select them, pressing on them does not work. Any ideas how to solve this ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Daderot; 03-17-2019, 12:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Originally posted by Arkad2 View Post
    Hello everyone. I want to apologize if this has already been asked, but this is really hard to find. I'm kinda new in Unreal Engine, and my question is if I am able to create a dialogue node programmatically. Like for example, I have an NPC ID (who is speaking), a flag if the node is a PC answer, text itself and node id. I want to create programmatically a data asset of the dialogue plugin with all the nodes of the specific NPC. Would be greatfull if you tell me how this is possible. Many thanks and sorry for my bad English. Hope, I explained correctly.

To add nodes, have a look at this method: SDialogueViewportWidget::OnAddNodeClicked()

It's not difficult to create nodes. What may be difficult is to create menus that would call your particular method.

Originally posted by Rathren View Post
    When I use a delay inside a dialogue event and the dialogue ends while this delay still happens UE4 crashes as soon as this delay runs out.
    Thanks for reporting it, it's obviously a bug. I'll try to see if I can address it soon.

In the meantime, you can call a method on your character or controller or some other blueprint and use a delay in there. That would work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When I use a delay inside a dialogue event and the dialogue ends while this delay still happens UE4 crashes as soon as this delay runs out. So am I just not allowed to use delays in my events or is there a way around this? Is there a better way to make things happen a short time after the text box appears than a delay in the event?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello everyone. I want to apologize if this has already been asked, but this is really hard to find. I'm kinda new in Unreal Engine, and my question is if I am able to create a dialogue node programmatically. Like for example, I have an NPC ID (who is speaking), a flag if the node is a PC answer, text itself and node id. I want to create programmatically a data asset of the dialogue plugin with all the nodes of the specific NPC. Would be greatfull if you tell me how this is possible. Many thanks and sorry for my bad English. Hope, I explained correctly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can anybody please tell me how to make it working with third-player-template? Iam using the story adventure asset which use the third-person but camera is in first-person-location to give player in first person a body. How can I add the dialogue system? Please ... I just switched from Unity to Unreal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nagual101 View Post

Thanks for your answer Now this is probably a sign that I'm losing my marbles but is there a built in 'say once' check I can attached to nodes?So that in your example 'I'm Blacksmith Calvin' only gets called the first time the PC interacts, from there always starts at the next NPC node (making sure of course there is one immediately after) I'm sure I saw that but for the life of me can't find a reference.
    No, but the question has been asked more than once, so I should probably write a tutorial on that. Or, considering that it's not an easy modification of the plugin, maybe I should implement it myself in an update. I'll think about it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
    The dialogue widget is just a basic UMG widget. If you watch a couple of tutorials on UMG, I'm sure you can customize it completely to your liking.
    Thanks for your answer Now this is probably a sign that I'm losing my marbles but is there a built in 'say once' check I can attached to nodes?So that in your example 'I'm Blacksmith Calvin' only gets called the first time the PC interacts, from there always starts at the next NPC node (making sure of course there is one immediately after) I'm sure I saw that but for the life of me can't find a reference.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Originally posted by astralduelist View Post
    Any chances for "how to create an NPC" tutorial?

I have completed all the tutorials and they are great but what this package lacks is a tutorial on how to create an NPC character to whom you can talk only when you enter its trigger volume.
    Sorry, but "creating NPCs" is out of the scope of the dialogue plugin.

Originally posted by Knaarke View Post
    Hey,
    I'm considering using this Plugin for my little project. The only thing im missing from the documentation and images linked is the ability to show textures of speaking/involved Actors and maybe add additional actors to the conversation(if the Player has multiple characters).
    My question would be if its possible to add such things with Blueprints only or how much effort it would take to change such things otherwise (having knowledge in ool but not in cpp). Im thinking of some Input similar to the 'Name' variable showed in the Tutorial just for an texture2d.
    Thanks in advance for any hints, tips and responses.
    It's very basic. Add a texture field in the dialogue widget, mark it as "instance editable" and "expose on spawn", and then drag an icon from an NPC into the widget when you create the dialogue. Just make sure to have a portrait texture on the NPC class first.

Originally posted by Nagual101 View Post
    Hi there, I posted previously but in hindsight I really didn't explain myself properly so sorry for that. I'll attempt to get it right this time. Is there any chance you could show how to customise the appearance of the dialogue, such as changed background colours /graphics or a different style of layout? Any hints or tips in this regard would be most welcome.
    The dialogue widget is just a basic UMG widget. If you watch a couple of tutorials on UMG, I'm sure you can customize it completely to your liking.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi there, I posted previously but in hindsight I really didn't explain myself properly so sorry for that. I'll attempt to get it right this time. Is there any chance you could show how to customise the appearance of the dialogue, such as changed background colours /graphics or a different style of layout? Any hints or tips in this regard would be most welcome.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey,
    I'm considering using this Plugin for my little project. The only thing im missing from the documentation and images linked is the ability to show textures of speaking/involved Actors and maybe add additional actors to the conversation(if the Player has multiple characters).
    My question would be if its possible to add such things with Blueprints only or how much effort it would take to change such things otherwise (having knowledge in ool but not in cpp). Im thinking of some Input similar to the 'Name' variable showed in the Tutorial just for an texture2d.
    Thanks in advance for any hints, tips and responses.
    Last edited by Knaarke; 02-21-2019, 09:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any chances for "how to create an NPC" tutorial?

I have completed all the tutorials and they are great but what this package lacks is a tutorial on how to create an NPC character to whom you can talk only when you enter its trigger volume.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Franches View Post

This worked like charm! Thanks a lot.
    The only thing that doesn't seem to work is the part in which you can skip a line by pressing a button, I tried it several times, doesn't seem to work with any button.
    Perhaps you don't "focus" the widget after spawning it. See documentation #5.5

Leave a comment:

Working...
X