Dialogue Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a couple questions.
    • Is there any way to export dialogue for spell checking? Even if it outputs to a table I could open it in google sheets, that would be useful.
    • In the next update can you add blue print comments in the dialogue graph? I'd like to use it to help organize and access some of our larger dialogue setups at a glance dialogue.
    • Is this plugin losing support? You don't seem to be answering questions on your marketplace page anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by LordZedd_02 View Post
      Hi I need help with a simple setup. After finishing the conversation and re-entering it, NPC greets me in a different way and has other dialogue options. For example for the first time he says "hello" and for the second time "welcome again". Should I use dialog events or conditions or meaby both?
      I recorded a video of myself doing it today. It's unedited, and I'm doing it for the first time, so I get a few things wrong at first and then have to go back and correct them, and as a result it's an hour long. But I try to explain my thought process and if you're new to unreal, I think it could be somewhat educational. Anyway, the purpose is to explain how to do a certain feature, and the video achieves that. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpxErm--dvE
      MMO Starter Kit
      Dialogue Plugin
      Voxel Plugin
      Character Customization: Female
      Character Customization: Male

Comment

Originally posted by Ore Creative View Post
        Had a couple questions.
        • Is there any way to export dialogue for spell checking? Even if it outputs to a table I could open it in google sheets, that would be useful.
        • In the next update can you add blue print comments in the dialogue graph? I'd like to use it to help organize and access some of our larger dialogue setups at a glance dialogue.
        • Is this plugin losing support? You don't seem to be answering questions on your marketplace page anymore.
        - The only way you could export it is through UE4's localization system. I wish I had the time to implement the export/import to/from json, so maybe in the future.
        - Haha I wish I could do that. The entire graph is custom made, i.e. took me months to write. Comments would be a major feature, and would require at least a couple of weeks to do. It's definitely a feature I wish the plugin had, but it's too big of an endeavor for me right now.
        - I was a bit surprised by your remark, so I went and checked, and curiously enough, I answered questions above and below yours, but somehow missed just yours. Maybe they were in pre-moderation? Anyway, if you have questions in the future, please write me an email. Marketplace questions section is not well suited for that.
        MMO Starter Kit
        Dialogue Plugin
        Voxel Plugin
        Character Customization: Female
        Character Customization: Male

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post

- The only way you could export it is through UE4's localization system. I wish I had the time to implement the export/import to/from json, so maybe in the future.
          - Haha I wish I could do that. The entire graph is custom made, i.e. took me months to write. Comments would be a major feature, and would require at least a couple of weeks to do. It's definitely a feature I wish the plugin had, but it's too big of an endeavor for me right now.
          - I was a bit surprised by your remark, so I went and checked, and curiously enough, I answered questions above and below yours, but somehow missed just yours. Maybe they were in pre-moderation? Anyway, if you have questions in the future, please write me an email. Marketplace questions section is not well suited for that.
          Understandable. There are a handful of features that would really take this plugin over the edge but I get that you only have so much time you can invest.

Comment

There is a big need in adding object blueprints or other custom types of structures to every node (NPC and Player), so we can transit non-default data to widget. Are there any ways to do that?

Comment

Working...
            X