No announcement yet.

Dialogue Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been trying to integrate this with some custom events / conditions, and have hit some kind of restriction that I don't understand.

I'm using the EasyMultiSave plugin which has a 'PersistantSave' actor that I'm using to store a map of booleans (a rudimentary game flag system). But whenever I try to cast to it within a 'Dialogue Conditions' blueprint function, the cast fails.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SharedScreenshot.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	324.0 KB
ID:	1707532

The same cast in a regular function works fine. Is there something about the function in the Dialogue Conditions class that I'm missing, that prevents normal casts working?
    Gangster Weapon Pack | Free Weapon Pack | Various Free Models

Comment

I've played with this plugin for a while, it' great, I can customize almost what I want in UMG.

However, some behaviors are reall weird.

By default user have to click continue to move forward a NPC node, I know that there is a video teaching how to implement Soul style dialogue, it's indeed doable.

But my point is that NPC node should flow automatically by default, PC node is something for choice/interaction.

Consider following scenario:

PlayerCharacterController choose A reply choice

PlayerCharacter: say something

NPC1: say something

NPC2: say something

PlayerCharacterController choose B reply choice

NPC1: say something

Currently I can use NPC node for both PlayerCharacter/NPC1/NPC2, but I have no info in each node for their names.

My suggestion is that, NPC node should be renamed to Character node not only for NPC, it should move forward automatically and have name property. PC node should be renamed to Interaction node, it's just for choice and should not contain sound info.

Comment

Working...
      X