No announcement yet.

Dialogue Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been trying to integrate this with some custom events / conditions, and have hit some kind of restriction that I don't understand.

I'm using the EasyMultiSave plugin which has a 'PersistantSave' actor that I'm using to store a map of booleans (a rudimentary game flag system). But whenever I try to cast to it within a 'Dialogue Conditions' blueprint function, the cast fails.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SharedScreenshot.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	324.0 KB
ID:	1707532

The same cast in a regular function works fine. Is there something about the function in the Dialogue Conditions class that I'm missing, that prevents normal casts working?
    Gangster Weapon Pack | Free Weapon Pack | Various Free Models

Comment

I've played with this plugin for a while, it' great, I can customize almost what I want in UMG.

However, some behaviors are reall weird.

By default user have to click continue to move forward a NPC node, I know that there is a video teaching how to implement Soul style dialogue, it's indeed doable.

But my point is that NPC node should flow automatically by default, PC node is something for choice/interaction.

Consider following scenario:

PlayerCharacterController choose A reply choice

PlayerCharacter: say something

NPC1: say something

NPC2: say something

PlayerCharacterController choose B reply choice

NPC1: say something

Currently I can use NPC node for both PlayerCharacter/NPC1/NPC2, but I have no info in each node for their names.

My suggestion is that, NPC node should be renamed to Character node not only for NPC, it should move forward automatically and have name property. PC node should be renamed to Interaction node, it's just for choice and should not contain sound info.

Comment

Can you please explain a basic setup for an FPS character controller? Just not seeing support for this anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveFace View Post
          I've been trying to integrate this with some custom events / conditions, and have hit some kind of restriction that I don't understand.

I'm using the EasyMultiSave plugin which has a 'PersistantSave' actor that I'm using to store a map of booleans (a rudimentary game flag system). But whenever I try to cast to it within a 'Dialogue Conditions' blueprint function, the cast fails.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SharedScreenshot.jpg Views:	68 Size:	324.0 KB ID:	1707532

The same cast in a regular function works fine. Is there something about the function in the Dialogue Conditions class that I'm missing, that prevents normal casts working?
          In all likelihood, the node "get persistent object" returns a null for whatever reason. If this node works in other blueprints, simply create a function on your controller to provide it (considering player -> cast to myWhateverController -> controllerGetPersistentObj).
          To check if it returns a null or not, use "is valid" node.
          Last edited by CodeSpartan; 01-27-2020, 07:51 PM.
          MMO Starter Kit
          Dialogue Plugin
          Voxel Plugin
          Character Customization: Female
          Character Customization: Male

Comment

Originally posted by metalmike6 View Post

Hello, I have a quick one for you I'm hoping you can assist with... There was actually a PM sent I believe, regarding it but I have a feeling you may have missed it. In any case, if all of your great plugins and toolkits are of any indication I know you're incredibly busy, but if you could find the time to PM me it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
            Sorry, I don't have a PM from your account I'm afraid. Either contact me by email (go to any of my products on the marketplace, hit my name), or copy the question here. Email is better.
            MMO Starter Kit
            Dialogue Plugin
            Voxel Plugin

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz8SEBusQtA
              Where is the example project for this tut? I download the example project for the condition tut from GITLAB and got the error when hit play: Couldn't spawn player: Failed to spawn player controller. I'm newbee using 4.22!

Comment

Hey guys, so one thing I don't understand is how to access actors in the world through events and conditions without passing through the player controller. I tried to use for example "get all actors of class" (Yes I know it's expensive) and though the node executes fine it has a none reference and ultimately can't set or get variables from other actors.

Comment

Hello, first of all amazing product I love it. I would like to change a few things and I see that all of the necessary functions are there but I can't figure it out. What Im trying to make is a dialog system similar to firewatch and what I mean by that is:

1. I want to scroll through the displayed node using mouse wheel. I was able to add keyboard arrows using "on key down" input but unfortunately it doesn't work with mouse wheel up. Any idea how can I achieve that.

2. I would like to move camera freely without holding mouse wheel.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Calhoun View Post
                    Hey guys, so one thing I don't understand is how to access actors in the world through events and conditions without passing through the player controller. I tried to use for example "get all actors of class" (Yes I know it's expensive) and though the node executes fine it has a none reference and ultimately can't set or get variables from other actors.
                    I could have a look at your project to try and figure out why "get all actors of class" doesn't work for you. Send it to me by email, if you want me to have a look.

Otherwise, making a getter through player controller or game instance, or any other way you want is fine. There's not a million classes, and not a million things that could happen. But if you DO have a lot of things that can happen in your level, then just make a class "SceneManager", make one getter to it through PlayerController and there you go, you have access to the class that makes stuff happen like opening doors, playing in-engine cut-scenes etc. And all you need is just one getter on the player controller.

Originally posted by Sunlolo View Post
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz8SEBusQtA
                    Where is the example project for this tut? I download the example project for the condition tut from GITLAB and got the error when hit play: Couldn't spawn player: Failed to spawn player controller. I'm newbee using 4.22!
                    I just redownloaded it and checked, and it works without any errors. I think it could be helpful to watch a couple of Epic's tutorials on how to start working in engine.
                    Last edited by CodeSpartan; 02-01-2020, 02:22 PM.
                    MMO Starter Kit
                    Dialogue Plugin
                    Voxel Plugin

Comment

My bad, the example project work fine in 4.24, not work in 4.22. Thanks.
                      Last edited by Sunlolo; 02-05-2020, 07:41 AM.

Comment

How can I fix this?When I type a chinese word in dialogue,it can not print it correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by xermao View Post
                          How can I fix this?When I type a chinese word in dialogue,it can not print it correctly.
                          Thanks for pointing it out. Actually, not only Chinese couldn't be displayed, but also Arabic, Korean, Japanese, etc.

I've fixed it for the 4.24 version, expect to see an update as soon as the marketplace team uploads it.
                          MMO Starter Kit
                          Dialogue Plugin
                          Voxel Plugin

Comment

I have another quesition, does this plugin suport mobile platform?

Comment

Hi I need help with a simple setup. After finishing the conversation and re-entering it, NPC greets me in a different way and has other dialogue options. For example for the first time he says "hello" and for the second time "welcome again". Should I use dialog events or conditions or meaby both?

Comment

Working...
                              X