X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrincePac92 View Post
    Much thanks CodeSpartan.

But i has some other questions.
    If i trigger an event via your system, i always can click "continue".

So i have an camera transition to a gate, that opens and than the camera fade back.
    Is there a way to "wait" until the event is done? So that the player cant click continue if the sequence is playing.
    One example of doing it: in the event itself, hide the entire "DialogueWidget", launch the sequence, delay 5 secs, show the widget back.
    MMO Starter Kit
    Dialogue Plugin
    Voxel Plugin
    Character Customization: Female
    Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Submitted the 4.23 version. As always, it should go live in a couple of days.

- Fixed a bug where VarStrings wouldn't get replaced in player spoken lines.
      - Fixed a bug where the widget would consume all input: OnKeyDown would return "handled" for all keys, instead of just the ones that we want to use.
      - For C++ users: changed RecieveEventTriggered from BlueprintImplementableEvent to BlueprintNativeEvent.
      MMO Starter Kit
      Dialogue Plugin
      Voxel Plugin

Comment

Hello, first let me say thanks for making this plugin, I look forward to using it throughout many of my projects. I have a few questions bare in mind and I hope I can word them correctly.

So when the widget is first created it appears on screen with reply options and shows the mouse cursor. If i click on the screen the mouse is consumed and does not appear leaving me unable to use it. My solution to this has been to show the mouse cursor myself upon creating the widget, so I guess that is a solution I have found. The big issue I am having is that the reply buttons and the continue button do not have focus upon the widget being created meaning that the d-pad on a game pad do nothing. To fix this I set focus on the widget and this led to an issue in which holding down the button which selects on the game pad would fire not just only the current reply but automatically fire any responses or even the continue button the moment they were on screen.

So it seems that setting focus on the widget so i can use a game pad will focus the buttons so i can select them but it is also keeping focus and if I hold the select button down it will fire any buttons that appear. I hope i have described my issue well enough that you can assist me in finding a way to fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by AIELGENERAL View Post
          holding down the button which selects on the game pad would fire not just only the current reply but automatically fire any responses or even the continue button the moment they were on screen.
          I don't have it, and I don't see how it could happen, because the code is "OnKeyDown", meaning it only triggers once when you press the button down. It can't keep triggering, unless you have a faulty gamepad, or you did something weird to your code.

Maybe there's a bug in the stock widget? I did modify it for 4.23, so there's always a possibility. I can look at your project if you send it to me by mail. My email is on the marketplace (my seller's page).
          Last edited by CodeSpartan; 09-13-2019, 01:53 PM.
          MMO Starter Kit
          Dialogue Plugin
          Voxel Plugin

Comment

Working...
          X