No announcement yet.

Dialogue Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to say thank you so much for this plugin. Very useful and easy to use. For anyone interested I did a twitch stream on this - working on adding conditions and events -

Hopefully it might be useful to some people.

Comment

Submitted an update, it should be processed soon (usually takes a couple of days).
      When it goes live, new in 4.22:
      • Fixed a crash related to using delays in conditions/events.
      • VarStrings. Please read the documentation to learn more about them. They're very easy to use. There's a 2 minute video tutorial, or text explanations.
      In short, it's a system that allows you to type something like %charname% in your dialogue, and then to easily substitute it with any runtime information, like your character's name in this example.
      MMO Starter Kit
      Dialogue Plugin
      Voxel Plugin
      Character Customization: Female
      Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Originally posted by Elsia View Post
        Hi everyone, do you know a way to can select an response just one time ? Thanks
        It's been discussed in this thread a couple of times, but it will require some blueprints knowledge. I'll probably end up recording a tutorial about that.
        MMO Starter Kit
        Dialogue Plugin
        Voxel Plugin

Comment

Any ideas to remove temporary dialogue widget? i have problem during level sequence, i see button on screen when levelsequence is in play, at the end of sequence i want to see the rest of dialogue, and I need to remove next button in my dialogue, anyone can help me?

Comment

Does the new "varname" system require 4.22 or does it also work in 4.20?

Comment

Originally posted by DsyD View Post
              Does the new "varname" system require 4.22 or does it also work in 4.20?
              It requires 4.22.
              MMO Starter Kit
              Dialogue Plugin
              Voxel Plugin

Comment

Hi CodeSpartan and all dialogue plugin users. I really enjoy the plugin and playing around with it. I know this is on my side, not plugin, but... I want to clarify it is possible, because my blueprint / code knowledge is still bit limited...sorry if my questions are too simplistic.

What would be the best way to implement this functionality, I suppose it should be possible with conditions and node IDs:

- When Question (A) is once visited, next time I would like to show Question (B) and hide Question (A)
                - Show Question (C) only if player have specific items in the inventory (this part I have almost done) + player asked Question (A)
                - when Question (C) is visible, Question (B) is hidden
                Click image for larger version

Name:	dialogue01.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	1607523

I am not precisely sure how to achieve the hiding and showing specific nodes based on their IDs. But should be probably possible with creating struct of visited nodes and based on that hiding and showing specific nodes.

- Do not mind the text in nodes here, but what if I want to show node (E) only after node (D) was visited? (referring to another part / level of dialog hierarchy tree)
                - Do I need to add some custom made parameter in c++ to nodes to be able to identify what ever the node anywhere in the hierarchy? Would it be easiest way how to query / access the individual nodes?
                Click image for larger version

Name:	dialogue02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	1607521

Hope it is clear what I would like to do. I plan to try it bit more tomorrow, but I am interested if there is more then one solutions to this and what would be the best way to do it also in mater of reusability for other dialogues / similar situations.
                Attached Files

Comment

Good day, so i have started from the beginning of this forum to try to find some referent to how i can only show the question to the npc one time, so when i get back to ask my second question the question you ask before is not disabled anymore ? any help on this. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post

Sure,

Then create this function:

And then:

I did all of this and that works great, but in the question for. Then, Originally posted by Glabrezu about save your reply here, so you avoid saving the dialogue ending nodes in your history: at the Close Dialog Branch save player replay history ? can you help on that ?

Comment

Answered by email. I should make a video tutorial on that subject.
                      MMO Starter Kit
                      Dialogue Plugin
                      Voxel Plugin

Comment

Just a quick question.

Would it be possible to set this up so that the player has multiple short answers to choose from, and then when the player selects one of those short answers the character will speak the long version of the text with the subtitles?

Like how Mass Effect and Fallout 4 work.

I don't want to know how specifically to do it, I enjoy the fun of trying to figure out the specifics for myself. I would just like to know if this is something compatible with this plugin.

Though I wouldn't be against a general pointing me in the right direction.

Comment

Hi there!
                          Firstly, great plugin - just what I needed to quickly get things off the starting line for my dialogue.
                          One specific question though: where in the blueprints is the mouse cursor made visible? I can't seem to find it, yet when you interact with the NPC the mouse cursor appears.
                          I need to find this as I want to make other things happen specifically at the same time as the cursor appears.
                          Thanks in advance,
                          Tony.

Comment

hi so how can i install this plugin if i use the source code of ue4 on github?all i can find is the launcher one ?is there a github for this?

Comment

Love this plugin, love everything about it.

I have a question regarding the 2D/3D audio (apologies if this has been covered but I couldn't find anything in the forum)

I want to have my audio attenuated to be coming from the NPC I am talking to in a 3D manor, not in the 2D way it it default set to. I have attempted to work it out myself but haven't been able to get it working. any help would be amazing!

Comment

Sorry if this was already asked but has anyone integrated this into the Advanced Mission and Notification System made by Nocte Studios?

Comment

Working...
                                X