Dialogue Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Please forgive me if this has been asked and answered... Let's say I would like to modify a reputation variable based on several choices during the dialog process. Would that be an event / condition? Already purchased and I've not had a single look into it, so apologies for not reading all of the docs yet. Just need a yes or no.

Also, another person put out dialog plugin that also uses different cameras, is that possible? Thanks for all your work!

teak

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ops Sorry you start the post with "It's highly recommended to use C++ events/conditions with Dialogue Plugin unless you have a specific reason not to." it confuses me.

Yes, checking the docs look easy add the variables in c++, my problems with c++ is more a principle related. After two years of blueprints, having to write code it seems medioval as punched cards.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't think you understood my post - events and conditions in Dialogue Plugin are meant to be used just like described in the user guide and video tutorial - first you edit Dialogue.h to add the fields and then you add the logic in blueprints. There's no way to do it strictly in blueprints (for technical reasons).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	inio.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1108282

I swear on the soul of my father, Domingo Montoya, I will never going to use native UE4 classes.

If there are not technical reasson, I dont know why you dont can let me us a blueprint version. At last put a tutorial.
    Last edited by DomusLudus; 06-14-2016, 05:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Alara View Post
    Thak you for your answer!
    But to do that I have to convert my project to C++ one and I dont want to do that, I want it to be blueprint project. Is there any way around that? Or maybe some update in the future? Then I will just wait for it
    It's highly recommended to use C++ events/conditions with Dialogue Plugin unless you have a specific reason not to. It's the only way to easily use all of the native UE4 classes as well as your game's classes in events/conditions. It doesn't mean you have to convert all of your blueprint classes to C++ (for example you can use AActor in fields instead of your game blueprint actor classes) so your project will still be a 99% blueprint project.

Theoretically, you could add events/conditions in another C++ project and then copy & paste the compiled Binaries of Dialogue Plugin to your project, but I don't recommend that. Also, this way you will be able to use only native UE4 classes and not your game's classes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Glabrezu View Post
    Events/conditions logic is done in blueprints. Only fields are done in C++, which doesn't require any C++ knowledge: you don't need to actually write code, you just copy & paste a couple of fields, guided by a video/text tutorial.
    Thak you for your answer!
    But to do that I have to convert my project to C++ one and I dont want to do that, I want it to be blueprint project. Is there any way around that? Or maybe some update in the future? Then I will just wait for it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kiwikah Inc View Post
    Thank you so much for a quick response! I followed the FAQ tutorial to a T - but got stuck on step 5 - specifically - I cannot find how to implement "On Key Down" or "On Key Up" - in purple. Any chance we could get a quick video tutorial of this? I think it could help a lot of people =D Thank you so much! -Alex
    You can override functions like this:

Originally posted by Dlem View Post
    Hi. Are there any plans for native support for FPS/Third person template ?
    The plugin works with any UE4 project. If you have a concrete implementation in mind, feel free to ask.

Originally posted by Alara View Post
    Same here. I would like to buy your plug-in, but... I will not, if I wont be able to do everything in blueprints.
    Events/conditions logic is done in blueprints. Only fields are done in C++, which doesn't require any C++ knowledge: you don't need to actually write code, you just copy & paste a couple of fields, guided by a video/text tutorial.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you so much for a quick response! I followed the FAQ tutorial to a T - but got stuck on step 5 - specifically - I cannot find how to implement "On Key Down" or "On Key Up" - in purple. Any chance we could get a quick video tutorial of this? I think it could help a lot of people =D Thank you so much! -Alex

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi. Are there any plans for native support for FPS/Third person template ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by erWilly View Post
    hi Glabrezu I haven't the plugin yet. I am a 99% future costumer. but I wanna skip the c++ part.
    Same here. I would like to buy your plug-in, but... I will not, if I wont be able to do everything in blueprints.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    c++ struct... I suppose it will be fixed data. There's no blueprint structure type?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for your time.

ok. So I cannot put a struct type inside the struct FdialogueEvents .
    Sure you can, as long as it's a C++ struct.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for your time.

ok. So I cannot put a struct type inside the struct FdialogueEvents .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    but I wanna skip the c++ part. is it posibble?
    It's not possible to add conditions/events without C++, however knowledge of C++ isn't required as it's simply a matter of copying a few lines and there's a step-by-step tutorial both on video and in text. Text tutorial contains examples of various types that you could need.
    Last edited by Glabrezu; 06-13-2016, 06:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi Glabrezu I haven't the plugin yet. I am a 99% future costumer. but I wanna skip the c++ part.

I wonder, if the compiled plugin had a structure in events and conditions, user can add new variables without use c++. Check the screenshoot. is it posibble?

Click image for larger version

Name:	struct.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	1108176
    Last edited by DomusLudus; 06-13-2016, 06:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X