Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dialogue Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hey I think I fixed my issues! I had to use my default laser beam for the widget interaction. Thanks for all the support! Im one step closer to finishing thanks!
    Last edited by PRESSURE2000; 02-07-2019, 10:47 PM.

    Comment


      Hey there! Thanks for this awesome plugin.

      I am playing with it for a while now and maybe I am missing something - I tried to modify the UMG widget to change the continue functionality - but it didin't work.

      Basically I need an NPC to be clicked on as the event and then he starts talking, but no replies ensues. Which means I only want the NPC to go through a number of dialogue lines, with a slight delay between them, without never having the reply widget appear there.

      How would I be able to achieve this?

      Cheers and keep up the good work!
      Last edited by Franches; 02-09-2019, 01:32 PM.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Franches View Post
        Hey there! Thanks for this awesome plugin.

        I am playing with it for a while now and maybe I am missing something - I tried to modify the UMG widget to change the continue functionality - but it didin't work.

        Basically I need an NPC to be clicked on as the event and then he starts talking, but no replies ensues. Which means I only want the NPC to go through a number of dialogue lines, with a slight delay between them, without never having the reply widget appear there.

        How would I be able to achieve this?

        Cheers and keep up the good work!
        Any chance to help me with this?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Franches View Post
          Which means I only want the NPC to go through a number of dialogue lines, with a slight delay between them, without never having the reply widget appear there.
          Like Dark Souls, then?

          This would require a rather drastic modification of the widget. I recorded myself doing it, here you go: https://youtu.be/CcRarFL_iiU
          MMO Starter Kit
          Dialogue Plugin
          Voxel Plugin
          Character Customization: Female
          Character Custmization: Male

          Comment


            is there a quest system I can use with this dialogue system? or can someone recommend one that works easy with this one? for example, I need to be able to have the dialogue trigger quest and such

            Comment


              PRESSURE2000
              Connecting any custom quest/scripting system to this plugin is deadly easy (assuming a basic C++ skills ). You just need to read dialogue Data Asset, hook up events/delegates to your quest system.
              This plugin is basically generic tree node editor with a little of code for dialogues. And that's the best approach from all dialogue plugins on marketplace, easy to integrate with any other system.

              All of these so-called "quest systems" on Marketplace are just glorified journal systems with some quasi-universal scripting of custom events. Often coming with their own, simple and incovient dialogue system.
              So... it your game is small, I'd recommend you to browse all "quest systems" out there, think which one could be the easiest to modify, which one fits your game. Remove its "dialogue system", it doesn't matter how it's done - all dialogue solutions except this one simply suck.

              If you have a bigger team with few programmers and any designer who could describe flexible quest system - I'd suggest writing your own quest system. Marketplace ones use to limit the way of scripting quests making it quite cumbersome.
              Last edited by Doctor Ergot; 02-13-2019, 06:54 AM.

              Comment


                I'm back, if I want to configure the resource path of the plug-in in a table and look it up in the UE4 engine. So what should the corresponding configuration format look like? For example, if it is a blueprint file, the corresponding configuration structure may be BluePrint'resource path. Resource name _C'can complete the corresponding resource import.

                Hope to get your help, thank you for your work!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by sky_king31 View Post
                  I'm back, if I want to configure the resource path of the plug-in in a table and look it up in the UE4 engine. So what should the corresponding configuration format look like? For example, if it is a blueprint file, the corresponding configuration structure may be BluePrint'resource path. Resource name _C'can complete the corresponding resource import.

                  Hope to get your help, thank you for your work!
                  There's Object Path and Package Path, and they always get mixed up in my head, but one thing is certain is that there's no _C for dialogues to append and the type is simply called Dialogue. So looking at your example, it should be:

                  Dialogue'/Game/ThirdPersonCPP/Merchant.Merchant' for a dialogue called Merchant that resides in Content/ThirdPersonCPP/
                  Last edited by CodeSpartan; 02-13-2019, 10:30 AM.
                  MMO Starter Kit
                  Dialogue Plugin
                  Voxel Plugin
                  Character Customization: Female
                  Character Custmization: Male

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Doctor Ergot View Post
                    Connecting any custom quest/scripting system to this plugin is deadly easy (assuming a basic C++ skills ). You just need to read dialogue Data Asset, hook up events/delegates to your quest system.
                    The new (not really new, introduced in 4.18) DialogueEvents and DialogueConditions system doesn't require any knowledge of C++. It's all in Blueprints now.
                    MMO Starter Kit
                    Dialogue Plugin
                    Voxel Plugin
                    Character Customization: Female
                    Character Custmization: Male

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post

                      Like Dark Souls, then?

                      This would require a rather drastic modification of the widget. I recorded myself doing it, here you go: https://youtu.be/CcRarFL_iiU
                      This worked like charm! Thanks a lot.
                      The only thing that doesn't seem to work is the part in which you can skip a line by pressing a button, I tried it several times, doesn't seem to work with any button.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Franches View Post

                        This worked like charm! Thanks a lot.
                        The only thing that doesn't seem to work is the part in which you can skip a line by pressing a button, I tried it several times, doesn't seem to work with any button.
                        Perhaps you don't "focus" the widget after spawning it. See documentation #5.5
                        MMO Starter Kit
                        Dialogue Plugin
                        Voxel Plugin
                        Character Customization: Female
                        Character Custmization: Male

                        Comment


                          Any chances for "how to create an NPC" tutorial?

                          I have completed all the tutorials and they are great but what this package lacks is a tutorial on how to create an NPC character to whom you can talk only when you enter its trigger volume.

                          Comment


                            Hey,
                            I'm considering using this Plugin for my little project. The only thing im missing from the documentation and images linked is the ability to show textures of speaking/involved Actors and maybe add additional actors to the conversation(if the Player has multiple characters).
                            My question would be if its possible to add such things with Blueprints only or how much effort it would take to change such things otherwise (having knowledge in ool but not in cpp). Im thinking of some Input similar to the 'Name' variable showed in the Tutorial just for an texture2d.
                            Thanks in advance for any hints, tips and responses.
                            Last edited by Knaarke; 02-21-2019, 09:57 AM.

                            Comment


                              Hi there, I posted previously but in hindsight I really didn't explain myself properly so sorry for that. I'll attempt to get it right this time. Is there any chance you could show how to customise the appearance of the dialogue, such as changed background colours /graphics or a different style of layout? Any hints or tips in this regard would be most welcome.

                              Comment




                                Originally posted by astralduelist View Post
                                Any chances for "how to create an NPC" tutorial?

                                I have completed all the tutorials and they are great but what this package lacks is a tutorial on how to create an NPC character to whom you can talk only when you enter its trigger volume.
                                Sorry, but "creating NPCs" is out of the scope of the dialogue plugin.

                                Originally posted by Knaarke View Post
                                Hey,
                                I'm considering using this Plugin for my little project. The only thing im missing from the documentation and images linked is the ability to show textures of speaking/involved Actors and maybe add additional actors to the conversation(if the Player has multiple characters).
                                My question would be if its possible to add such things with Blueprints only or how much effort it would take to change such things otherwise (having knowledge in ool but not in cpp). Im thinking of some Input similar to the 'Name' variable showed in the Tutorial just for an texture2d.
                                Thanks in advance for any hints, tips and responses.
                                It's very basic. Add a texture field in the dialogue widget, mark it as "instance editable" and "expose on spawn", and then drag an icon from an NPC into the widget when you create the dialogue. Just make sure to have a portrait texture on the NPC class first.

                                Originally posted by Nagual101 View Post
                                Hi there, I posted previously but in hindsight I really didn't explain myself properly so sorry for that. I'll attempt to get it right this time. Is there any chance you could show how to customise the appearance of the dialogue, such as changed background colours /graphics or a different style of layout? Any hints or tips in this regard would be most welcome.
                                The dialogue widget is just a basic UMG widget. If you watch a couple of tutorials on UMG, I'm sure you can customize it completely to your liking.
                                MMO Starter Kit
                                Dialogue Plugin
                                Voxel Plugin
                                Character Customization: Female
                                Character Custmization: Male

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X