No announcement yet.

Dialogue Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Code Spartan! Thanks for this awesome Plugin!

I'm messing around with it, and was wondering if there was a "close dialogue" event or something like that? Or is it better to just simply lead to an end node?

Also, when the dialogue closes, my controller / character can no longer look around without holding the mouse down. How would I go about fixing that?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi CodeSpartan! Thanks for the plugin!

I am using Unreal 4.21. My Unreal crashes when the execution reaches the dialogue node with an event.

For example,
      I have added a small DialogueEvent in your "DialogueVrDemo" project. I have added 2 images to show where I have added the event and the logic of the event. Unreal crashes whenever I reply with Answer #1.

Can you please help?
      Thanks!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by BladeMaster; 01-04-2019, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Hello Sir, I just installed the plugin only in my engine version 4.21 now every project I open with this version freezes after a few seconds, any ideia what could be? There's someone else experiencing this kind of problem? It happens even if I open a blank project in 4.21 but it does not happen when I open any project of other versions that I did not install the plugin

Comment

Originally posted by WinterStasis View Post
          I'm messing around with it, and was wondering if there was a "close dialogue" event or something like that? Or is it better to just simply lead to an end node?

Also, when the dialogue closes, my controller / character can no longer look around without holding the mouse down. How would I go about fixing that?
          1. It's not difficult to make a "close dialogue" event. Its logic should find the dialogue widget (you need to save a reference to it when you open it) and call a "remove from parent" node on it.

2. It's a question of restoring focus to game after you quit the dialogue. Add these two nodes:

MMO Starter Kit
          Dialogue Plugin
          Voxel Plugin
          Character Customization: Female
          Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Originally posted by notrealvitor View Post
            Hello Sir, I just installed the plugin only in my engine version 4.21 now every project I open with this version freezes after a few seconds, any ideia what could be? There's someone else experiencing this kind of problem? It happens even if I open a blank project in 4.21 but it does not happen when I open any project of other versions that I did not install the plugin
            Does removing the plugin solve the issue? Are you on mac/linux by any chance? One other person reported something similar, although I'm having difficulties understanding how such behavior could be caused by installing this plugin. Did you install anything else recently? Can you replicate the behavior on a clean machine with a clean engine, by only installing this plugin?
            Last edited by CodeSpartan; 01-09-2019, 04:45 AM.
            MMO Starter Kit
            Dialogue Plugin
            Voxel Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by BladeMaster View Post
              Hi CodeSpartan! Thanks for the plugin!

I am using Unreal 4.21. My Unreal crashes when the execution reaches the dialogue node with an event.

For example,
              I have added a small DialogueEvent in your "DialogueVrDemo" project. I have added 2 images to show where I have added the event and the logic of the event. Unreal crashes whenever I reply with Answer #1.

Can you please help?
              Thanks!
              Found the issue. It wasn't with the plugin, but with the demo project. Please delete old project and redownload new one, I just uploaded a fix. Thanks for the report.
              MMO Starter Kit
              Dialogue Plugin
              Voxel Plugin

Comment

I am unable to install the plugin on 4.21 how can I do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Roasiac View Post
                  I am unable to install the plugin on 4.21 how can I do that?
                  You're in Epic Launcher and you're trying to install it to engine and something fails? Can you describe how exactly?
                  MMO Starter Kit
                  Dialogue Plugin
                  Voxel Plugin

Comment

Great plugin!
                    Last edited by astralduelist; 02-17-2019, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by astralduelist View Post
                      I bought this plugin and I totally love it from the videos.

Sad part is, I am not very good in game development and my programmer told he needs 1 week break for personal reasons. Which is totally fine.

A little question, how can I enable the dialogue by clicking the "G" button for example(when getting close to the NPC), and navigating it by "W" and "D" buttons? Basically, this is the most newbie question ever. I did set up the plugin and everything else. 3rd person template.

I really wanna show my programmer that I did something I know that I might not get an answer, but I am feeling lucky.
                      I'm just learning just now, hopefully someone else may offer a more comprehensive answer but Your NPC needs a trigger volume which can been added in the NPCs Viewport. When the player enters the trigger volume you enable input and disable it when they leave it. Instead of P you can use G (right click in the graph and type keyboard g). If you google how to use trigger volumes, you'll get plenty of great tutorials showing you how.

Comment

Could someone point me in the right direction on how to accurately change the layout and appearance of the dialogue outputs? I've made copies and renamed as per the videos and works great, but when look in the widgets, the content in them is radically different from the output. Confused new person here

Comment

Originally posted by Nagual101 View Post
                          the content in them is radically different from the output
                          What do you mean by that?
                          MMO Starter Kit
                          Dialogue Plugin
                          Voxel Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post

What do you mean by that?
                            The MyDialogueWidget

and MyReplyWidget:

Actual output:

As you see the information actually in the widget could be confusing for someone unfamiliar with the way UE and UI work. I take it the text at the bottom of the dialogue widget gets replaced by the plugin in some way, however I don't see how the reply widget mirrors the position of the players replies, or how to change them. I looked through the documentation and didn't see any information regarding this, sorry for being such a pain.

Comment

The relationship between the conditions corresponding to each node supports "and", can you support the corresponding "or" structure? What do I need to do to meet this need?
                              Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagual101 View Post

As you see the information actually in the widget could be confusing for someone unfamiliar with the way UE and UI work. I take it the text at the bottom of the dialogue widget gets replaced by the plugin in some way, however I don't see how the reply widget mirrors the position of the players replies, or how to change them. I looked through the documentation and didn't see any information regarding this, sorry for being such a pain.
                                MMO Starter Kit
                                Dialogue Plugin
                                Voxel Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X