Dialogue Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hey [MENTION=25447]CodeSpartan[/MENTION] - Got a bit of a request for this plugin.

Would it be possible to import .JSON data from articy:draft 3 and have it generate the dialogue tree from the data provided in the .JSON file.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How do you add animations to the character you're interacting with playing on certain replies??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the reply, Glabrezu!

It's fine. I just wanted to know if works.
    I'll get it later on Marketplace.

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by yoraanny View Post
    Hey guys!

Nice plugin! Looks awesome!
    I have a question: does this plugin works on Mac? I'm using a MacBook Pro to do a simple 3D side scroller, and all I need is a dialogue plugin to work on some simple conversations.
    We don't support other platforms like Mac (for simple reason that we don't have one unfortunately), but it works on them just fine.
    Last edited by Glabrezu; 01-10-2017, 06:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys!

Nice plugin! Looks awesome!
    I have a question: does this plugin works on Mac? I'm using a MacBook Pro to do a simple 3D side scroller, and all I need is a dialogue plugin to work on some simple conversations.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Namesis View Post
    Hello,
    Random question,
    Would this dialogue support [with some tweeks?] a quest system? As simple as interacting with the NPC as it does now, but accepting a quest and maybe doing "X" activity to complete it and go to the same NPC or other NPC to complete it, giving a reward?

PS: welcome back CS, hope you solved everything you were dealing with
    Thanks. Yep, you can build anything on top of this dialogue system.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,
    Random question,
    Would this dialogue support [with some tweeks?] a quest system? As simple as interacting with the NPC as it does now, but accepting a quest and maybe doing "X" activity to complete it and go to the same NPC or other NPC to complete it, giving a reward?

Thanks!
    PS: welcome back CS, hope you solved everything you were dealing with

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nick Darnell View Post
    We started supporting VR interaction in UMG in 4.13, https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ion/index.html
    Oops, sorry for spreading misinformation. Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by danrickard88 View Post
    Hi;

I just bought this, and it looks like it will work well. When I compile, I do so in a VR environment, and need to know how to get that supported. For example, in my demo, when the play hits a trigger box, the conversation is started. However, the text is showing up in the middle of the screen, and does work in the VR world. How can I get it to split onto the two screens? Notice how "Hello world. how are you." is right in the middle.
    I'll try to include the VR dialogue widget in the next version. For now, here's how you can do it:
    1. Copy the DemoDialogueWidget and DemoReplyWidget into the project from the plugin folder. Do it by performing all steps in Documentation: 3.1 Duplicating the demo widget. For the purpose of this how-to, let's call them VRDialogueWidget and VRReplyWidget.
    2. I'll assume you're working in First Person Template project for this how-to. Perform the first 6 steps of this guide.
    3. Create a Blueprint Class (inherited from Actor) called VRDialogueActor. Add a Widget component as per steps 17 and 18 of this guide. Make sure the Widget Class is set to VRDialogueWidget. Check "draw at desired size". Set widget's transform to 0, 0, 110.
    4. Go into the Event Graph of your VRDialogueActor and make it so that it always faces your character. An example of how you can do it.
    5. In your newly created VRDialogueWidget, add a variable called ParentActor, make it a reference to class VRDialogueActor, like this.
    6. In VRDialogueWidget, open function ToNpcReply and add the following highlighted nodes.
    7. Now all that remains is to spawn your VRDialogueActor in front of your character when you want to start a dialogue. This is an example of how you can do it in the FirstPersonCharacter blueprint.

I'll try to include all of those files into the next version so you don't have to do all that yourself.

Result:

Last edited by CodeSpartan; 01-05-2018, 12:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
    UMG doesn't natively support VR, but there's a plugin for that, here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...bility-Plugin!
    We started supporting VR interaction in UMG in 4.13, https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ion/index.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice plugin ! I hope to get this soon !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by danrickard88 View Post
    Hi;

I just bought this, and it looks like it will work well. When I compile, I do so in a VR environment, and need to know how to get that supported. For example, in my demo, when the play hits a trigger box, the conversation is started. However, the text is showing up in the middle of the screen, and does work in the VR world. How can I get it to split onto the two screens? Notice how "Hello world. how are you." is right in the middle.
    UMG doesn't natively support VR, but there's a plugin for that, here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...bility-Plugin!

Correction: it does support VR now, see below.
    Last edited by CodeSpartan; 12-17-2016, 03:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Support for VR mode

Hi;

Click image for larger version

Name:	VRText.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	1120063

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can s1 help me a bit? If it's possible to show a screenshot of how you set up a topdown character to interact with NPC I will apreciate it. I ve failed my attempt
    Last edited by Medvega; 11-17-2016, 05:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ted Gress View Post
    I'm having some problems with the plugin. First of all, all the widget content isn't there. Second, when I click on npc text, its answer overlaps the last
    set of text.
    Hi! Could you post screenshots of your issues please? I don't understand what exactly is happening there. Also, did you happen to modify anything or did those things just occur when you first installed the plugin?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm having some problems with the plugin. First of all, all the widget content isn't there. Second, when I click on npc text, its answer overlaps the last
    set of text.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X