X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Relrin View Post
    Hello, CodeSpartan!

I have a question about the using this plugin for a cases, when a NPC should give/take some item(s) to/from the main character of the game. How to deal with this particular situation?
    Hi. The second video tutorial explains this.

Originally posted by Macw0lf View Post
    Given 4.17 is now out, will you address the compile issues?

Thanks
    Sure. Whenever new versions come out, I usually update the MMO Kit first, which takes a couple of days, then the Dialogue Plugin. I already started on the MMO Kit yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Given 4.17 is now out, will you address the compile issues?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, CodeSpartan!

I have a question about the using this plugin for a cases, when a NPC should give/take some item(s) to/from the main character of the game. How to deal with this particular situation?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh, it's from 4.17. I'll deal with it when it comes out. Preview versions aren't stable for development anyway.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here we go.. dozens of instances of these 2:

E:\Game\Plugins\DialoguePlugin\Source\DialoguePluginEditor\Private\DialogueViewportWidget.cpp(264): warning C4996: 'FGeometry::GetClippingRect': This no longer represents any sort of clipping rect. Please use GetLayoutBoundingRect() to get the layout rect of this geometry. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
    E:\Epic Games\UE_4.17\Engine\Source\Runtime\SlateCore\Public\Layout/Geometry.h(432): note: see declaration of 'FGeometry::GetClippingRect'

E:\Game\Plugins\DialoguePlugin\Source\DialoguePluginEditor\Private\DialogueViewportWidget.cpp(864): warning C4996: 'FSlateDrawElement::MakeBox': ClippingRects are no longer supplied for individual draw element calls. If you require a specialized clipping rect, use PushClip / PopClip on the WindowElementList, otherwise, just remove the parameter. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
    E:\Epic Games\UE_4.17\Engine\Source\Runtime\SlateCore\Public\Rendering\DrawElements.h(346): note: see declaration of 'FSlateDrawElement::MakeBox'

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
    What do you mean by move the preview? Could you post the errors?
    4.17 is in preview 3 right now. I'll upload the debug output shortly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Macw0lf View Post
    Good to hear - can you make sure a 4.16 update is released that works correctly without warnings and errors. I am keen to see it cleaned up.
    And 4.17 would be great as well - right now I can't move to the preview as it throws too many exceptions.
    What do you mean by move the preview? Could you post the errors?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by travisc View Post
    How stable is this for packaging (with the convert blueprint to C++ option ticked) in ue4.16?
    It's stable. The plugin is mostly editor-only, the packaging process should be skipping it almost entirely, except for the custom data asset type.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good to hear - can you make sure a 4.16 update is released that works correctly without warnings and errors. I am keen to see it cleaned up.
    And 4.17 would be great as well - right now I can't move to the preview as it throws too many exceptions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sbnewsom View Post
    [MENTION=25447]CodeSpartan[/MENTION]: Well f*ck me. Wish I packaged this game when it supposedly got working. Everything works, compiles fine in VS source engine, editors runs well, but the above errors are preventing me from packaging at a very critical time. These errors only come up when you package and if you tinker with VS a certain way, the errors will pop up there too. Well this sucks. I guess i'm not getting paid for another month. This plugin has been EXTREMELY problematic despite being great. (Yes, I've tried a fresh copy of the plugin and compiled its source, both from 4.16 and 4.15. They randomly throw these errors when you package. I've tried shipping mode and development.

EDIT: Well....I'm so glad I dug deeper. I knew it had to be an include issue. I added #include "ScriptMacros.h" to Dialogue.h below the DataAsset include. Fixed everything. lol

Did no one else package a game before this? I'm relieved now. I can now get paid! I'm in love with all the problems 4.15 caused to programmers and developers. lol

I was working on another project (without the dialogue plugin) that I ported from 4.15 and the compiler also asked me for an additional include sort of out of the blue after I was working in the project for a while. Weird stuff, but it's kind of easy to fix.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How stable is this for packaging (with the convert blueprint to C++ option ticked) in ue4.16?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=25447]CodeSpartan[/MENTION]: Well f*ck me. Wish I packaged this game when it supposedly got working. Everything works, compiles fine in VS source engine, editors runs well, but the above errors are preventing me from packaging at a very critical time. These errors only come up when you package and if you tinker with VS a certain way, the errors will pop up there too. Well this sucks. I guess i'm not getting paid for another month. This plugin has been EXTREMELY problematic despite being great. (Yes, I've tried a fresh copy of the plugin and compiled its source, both from 4.16 and 4.15. They randomly throw these errors when you package. I've tried shipping mode and development.

EDIT: Well....I'm so glad I dug deeper. I knew it had to be an include issue. I added #include "ScriptMacros.h" to Dialogue.h below the DataAsset include. Fixed everything. lol

Did no one else package a game before this? I'm relieved now. I can now get paid! I'm in love with all the problems 4.15 caused to programmers and developers. lol
    Last edited by sbnewsom; 07-30-2017, 01:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    EDIT: See below post.

Code:
    UnrealBuildTool: F:\UE4-15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\DialoguePlugin\Source\DialoguePlugin\Classes\Dialogue.h(138): error C2275: 'UObject': illegal use of this type as an expression
    UnrealBuildTool: F:\UE4-15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\DialoguePlugin\Source\DialoguePlugin\Classes\Dialogue.h(138): error C2065: 'Z_Param_Object': undeclared identifier
    UnrealBuildTool: F:\UE4-15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\DialoguePlugin\Source\DialoguePlugin\Classes\Dialogue.h(138): error C3861: 'P_GET_OBJECT': identifier not found
    UnrealBuildTool: F:\UE4-15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\DialoguePlugin\Source\DialoguePlugin\Classes\Dialogue.h(138): error C2275: 'UStrProperty': illegal use of this type as an expression
    UnrealBuildTool: f:\ue4-15\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\UObject/UObjectHierarchyFwd.h(31): note: see declaration of 'UStrProperty'
    UnrealBuildTool: F:\UE4-15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\DialoguePlugin\Source\DialoguePlugin\Classes\Dialogue.h(138): error C2065: 'Z_Param_FunctionName': undeclared identifier
    UnrealBuildTool: F:\UE4-15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\DialoguePlugin\Source\DialoguePlugin\Classes\Dialogue.h(138): error C3861: 'P_GET_PROPERTY': identifier not found
    UnrealBuildTool: F:\UE4-15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\DialoguePlugin\Source\DialoguePlugin\Classes\Dialogue.h(138): error C2065: 'P_FINISH': undeclared identifier
    UnrealBuildTool: F:\UE4-15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\DialoguePlugin\Source\DialoguePlugin\Classes\Dialogue.h(138): error C2065: 'P_NATIVE_BEGIN': undeclared identifier
    UnrealBuildTool: F:\UE4-15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\DialoguePlugin\Source\DialoguePlugin\Classes\Dialogue.h(138): error C2065: 'P_NATIVE_END': undeclared identifier
    UnrealBuildTool: F:\UE4-15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\DialoguePlugin\Source\DialoguePlugin\Classes\Dialogue.h(138): error C2275: 'FDialogueNode': illegal use of this type as an expression
    UnrealBuildTool: F:\UE4-15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\DialoguePlugin\Source\DialoguePlugin\Classes\Dialogue.h(83): note: see declaration of 'FDialogueNode'
    UnrealBuildTool: F:\UE4-15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\DialoguePlugin\Source\DialoguePlugin\Classes\Dialogue.h(138): error C2065: 'Z_Param_Node': undeclared identifier
    UnrealBuildTool: F:\UE4-15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\DialoguePlugin\Source\DialoguePlugin\Classes\Dialogue.h(138): error C3861: 'P_GET_STRUCT': identifier not found
    UnrealBuildTool: DialoguePlugin.generated.cpp
    Last edited by sbnewsom; 07-30-2017, 01:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    CodeSpartan - the plugin throws a lot of warnings when compiling in visual studio - any chance for a code refresh - they look like compatibility warnings generally.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey I have just bought this plugin. I need some help. How would I set it up so that I could create an event that when triggered in dialogue could activate a completely artbitary bool elsewhere in another blueprint?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X