Dialogue Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post

Not a problem. But unless I can experience the issue myself, there isn't much I can do. So if point 3 doesn't help, then I can only suggest one of the following
    - you attempt to create a small clean project that reproduces the issue, or
    - we can arrange some NDA to be signed so I can inspect the problematic project
    Well, I found the source of the problem; it was my first Dialogue, which contained some previous events (added within C++ in VS anno), and after I deleted that Dialogue asset (it was a Data Asset if I correct) puff, the warnings disappeared from my output log.

Comment

Just implemented the updated plugin into our project and it's a blessing. It's really allowed me to re-work most of my quest accepting/dropping/completing code in a few hours and completely implement everything into the dialogue system. This will save us so much time in the future. Thanks a million man! I've been grinning/smiling behind my pc for a few hours now.

Comment

Hi, would like to ask in the DialogueConditions & DialogueEvents, after override the function, under event graph, I unable to call (get game mode or get game instance), meaning we need to save all the variables in PlayerController BP?

Comment

Originally posted by Zharcus View Post
          Hi, would like to ask in the DialogueConditions & DialogueEvents, after override the function, under event graph, I unable to call (get game mode or get game instance), meaning we need to save all the variables in PlayerController BP?
          You can access anything through the playercontroller. You can make a method inside playercontroller that returns gameinstance like this

And then simply access it inside conditions/events like this:

MMO Starter Kit
          Dialogue Plugin
          Voxel Plugin
          Character Customization: Female
          Character Custmization: Male

Comment

I am having an issue setting it up locally (to share with team mates). I followed the instructions in the google doc all the way through (built, etc.), to no avail. I noticed that there is no "Plugins" folder in the solution explorer, if that is an issue, how would I add it?

Comment

The last update destroy my game but the new event system is awesome, no c++ !!

Amazing update!

The father of Domingo Montoya can rest in peace.
              Last edited by DomusLudus; 02-21-2018, 02:06 PM. Reason: funny stuff

Comment

Quick bug report here about the events...

I’ve been using this plugin for a while now and enjoying the updates to the events and conditions, but I’ve been noticing a bug in the stock setup that’s causing some issues…

After a lot of headache as to what was going on, I set up a blank project with a fresh plugin, and it seems that events placed on an NPC reply fire both when the text is shown as well as when that node is exited from (from continue button or next dialogue choice). In the meantime, I’ve modified our widget so that it doesn’t run “do events” when you click through to the next screen, but that also means I can only use events on NPC nodes, not PC choices. Obviously not ideal.

Any ideas what’s going on or how to fix the issue? If the issue isn’t clear or you can’t replicate it, I can send you more details or the project if need be, but we’ve replicated the issue on two separate systems.

Comment

Originally posted by nickjborn View Post
                  Quick bug report here about the events...

I’ve been using this plugin for a while now and enjoying the updates to the events and conditions, but I’ve been noticing a bug in the stock setup that’s causing some issues…

After a lot of headache as to what was going on, I set up a blank project with a fresh plugin, and it seems that events placed on an NPC reply fire both when the text is shown as well as when that node is exited from (from continue button or next dialogue choice). In the meantime, I’ve modified our widget so that it doesn’t run “do events” when you click through to the next screen, but that also means I can only use events on NPC nodes, not PC choices. Obviously not ideal.

Any ideas what’s going on or how to fix the issue? If the issue isn’t clear or you can’t replicate it, I can send you more details or the project if need be, but we’ve replicated the issue on two separate systems.
                  I'm having the same issue. Here's a short clip showing the bug. I hope this gets fixed as soon as possible.

Last edited by Mr Janks; 02-22-2018, 11:36 PM.

Comment

I forgot to add this to my last post. There's a smaller bug that makes things hard to work with in the dialogue tree. Variables that are not set as exposed still show up in the dialogue tree and they (sometimes) crash the system when you click on them. Not a fun experience. Any ETA on a fix for these issues Code Spartan?
                    Last edited by Mr Janks; 02-22-2018, 11:36 PM.

Comment

btw, It would be good in the future that events and conditions can have the reference of the npcActor

Comment

Alright, ran into another bug. Basic timers do not work inside of the event bp's (I assume its no different for conditions). This is getting to be a bit much. We love the plugin but these issues need to be addressed. Just to recap, the current bugs are as follows.
                        • Events are double firing causing serious issues. It breaks the plugin and we are relying on proper event firing.
                        • Unexposed variables showing up when they shouldn't.
                        • Unexposed variables (if clicked on in the dialogue tree) have tendency to crash the engine.
                        • Timers are not working. The BP's are compiling with no errors or attempt by the system to remove the nodes.

Any ETA on when will these issues will be taken care of Code spartan? The event bug is really holding us back.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Worked on an update today, will be sending it to Epic in a few hours. They usually approve new versions within 3-4 days.

List of changes:

Originally posted by erWilly View Post
                          Good idea, added this.

Originally posted by Mr Janks View Post

I'm having the same issue. Here's a short clip showing the bug. I hope this gets fixed as soon as possible.
                          Thanks for the report, fixed it.

Also found that empty NPC nodes don't fire any events, so I fixed it as well.

[*]Timers are not working. The BP's are compiling with no errors or attempt by the system to remove the nodes.
                          Fixed it.

Also, remember when I say in the tutorial that you have to access things through PlayerController? That is no longer the case, as you now have access to nodes like GetAllActors, SpawnActor, Linetrace, etc.

[*]Unexposed variables showing up when they shouldn't.[*]Unexposed variables (if clicked on in the dialogue tree) have tendency to crash the engine.
                          Added a category called "DoNotShow". If you put a variable into that category, it will not be exposed to dialogue nodes. That category won't exist by default in your conditions/events, so just create it and put your variables into it.
                          Last edited by CodeSpartan; 02-23-2018, 09:35 PM.
                          MMO Starter Kit
                          Dialogue Plugin
                          Voxel Plugin

Comment

Looking forward to getting the update, and props to you for the quick turn around time!

Comment

what would be the best way if any to do random lines with this dialogue system ? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by micabreen View Post
                                what would be the best way if any to do random lines with this dialogue system ? thanks
                                Each line(aka node) has a nodeid, so instead of getting the next node, you can get a random one instead. You'd have to modify the dialoguewidget, where it requests the next logical node. If you go a bit more into detail, I'll be able to give more precise information.
                                MMO Starter Kit
                                Dialogue Plugin
                                Voxel Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X