No announcement yet.

Ballistics impacts & other violent VFX/Particles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As an aside, I've just tested everything in 4.14 and it all seems to be in order. I'll submit an updated project to the marketplace and gumroad this week however.
    -------------------------------------
    Cubit Studios Ballistics VFX Pack Available on GUMROAD now.
    Infinitesimals Development Log

Comment

Originally posted by CubitStudios View Post
      As an aside, I've just tested everything in 4.14 and it all seems to be in order. I'll submit an updated project to the marketplace and gumroad this week however.
      Not sure if this is something you are planning to look into but with forward shading (which will be huge for VR) turned on the splatter effects for the mats don't render and you are left with the world grid material instead.

Comment

Originally posted by tcla75 View Post
        Not sure if this is something you are planning to look into but with forward shading (which will be huge for VR) turned on the splatter effects for the mats don't render and you are left with the world grid material instead.
        Ah ah, thanks. I hadn't tested forward yet, I'll have a look and fix anything I find.

Comment

All good Cubit Studios, I'm in the same boat - seems this is the high-latency communication thread :-) Appreciate the feedback, and really great you're keeping on top of this pack. I'll review with forward rendering, and will advise how it goes. Will ping you an email once I get a chance to review and have more concrete info.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveBaker View Post
            All good Cubit Studios, I'm in the same boat - seems this is the high-latency communication thread :-) Appreciate the feedback, and really great you're keeping on top of this pack. I'll review with forward rendering, and will advise how it goes. Will ping you an email once I get a chance to review and have more concrete info.
            Hey Steve.

This seems to be fixed by simply opening up the decal materials (at least for me). Head to the /decals/Splashers/ folder and open up the material in question. The decals then suddenly 'pop' back to normal.

The main issue for me with forward rendering seems to lighting, or how the particles are being lit. The contrast is far too high compared to the normal deferred rendering - I'll try and see what's up!
            James

Comment

Originally posted by tcla75 View Post
              Just realized I incorrectly replied to Steve about the decals. Sorry Steve and Tcla75

Tcla75, decals answer is in my post above this.

Comment

Working...
              X