No announcement yet.

Modular Menu System Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting the hang of the menuing now, great system.

Q. I want to be able to press ESCAPE and the menu will show up (that is easy enough and works)

ESCAPE KEY PRESSED node--> SHOW MENU node--> PAUSE GAME selected

However, once I am in the menu system I then want to be able to press ESCAPE and simply return to the game.

Any ideas?

(Failing that I'd have to set up a resume button I guess, but then I'd have to know the game was in a paused state before also adding to the existing menu which sounds a little cumbersome.
    (I assume [MENTION=40685]Denmengel[/MENTION] up above is trying to achieve something similar)

Cheers,
    Max

Comment

Originally posted by Loucsam View Post
      However, once I am in the menu system I then want to be able to press ESCAPE and simply return to the game.
      Hey Max, I think your problem is related to UE4 input handling, not the menu system. Usually in BP your "Key Pressed" nodes will not trigger while game is paused. There is, however, a way to solve your issue. Just click on to that "Key Pressed" node once and look at the details tab. There is an option "Execute when Paused", which is not selected by default. After enabling this option that node will also trigger when the game is paused.

Hope that helps!
      Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
      Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

Comment

Hi [MENTION=34245]haimat[/MENTION],

That was the missing info I needed, the following code along with your help seems to be working so far.

Click image for larger version

Name:	escape.png
Views:	1
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	1129855

Many thanks, great support.

Cheers,
        Max

Comment

Originally posted by Loucsam View Post
          Many thanks, great support.
          You're welcome

Comment

Hi, this is a really handy system. I was wondering is there support for VR/3D widgets? It's pretty simple to spawn a 3D widgets but I was hoping I could use this to interact with those menus in VR.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveSimulator View Post
              Hi, this is a really handy system. I was wondering is there support for VR/3D widgets? It's pretty simple to spawn a 3D widgets but I was hoping I could use this to interact with those menus in VR.
              Hi, I have not tested the MMS with VR yet. But since it's 100% based on UMG and Blueprints, in theory you can do everything with MMS that you could do with UMG. Hope that helps!

Comment

How do you communicate BACK to the original menu actor that spawned the menu, so you can go back to the previous menu from your event handler? Are there any built in references that the system generates---I can't seem to find them.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveSimulator View Post
                  How do you communicate BACK to the original menu actor that spawned the menu, so you can go back to the previous menu from your event handler? Are there any built in references that the system generates---I can't seem to find them.
                  Well, since you use your own custom event handler class, you can pass-in anything you want when you create it (or afterwards), as usual in Blueprint. Thus you can give it a reference to your main actor as it pleases you.

Comment

Working...
                  X