Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modular Menu System Support Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by haimat View Post
    We have updated the Modular Menu System to version 1.4.
    Now you can hook directly to the event dispatchers of the menu elements.

    Please have a look at the official announcement in the MMS thread.
    It's been a bit, and I'm not seeing this latest update?

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by Derjyn View Post
      It's been a bit, and I'm not seeing this latest update?
      That is weird, I got the update confirmation from Epic right before I posted the announcement here.
      I will write to Epic and ask them what's going on ...

      Thanks for the feedback!
      Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
      Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by haimat View Post
        That is weird, I got the update confirmation from Epic right before I posted the announcement here.
        I will write to Epic and ask them what's going on ...
        Hi, according to Epic the update for 4.13 is live now.
        Do you see the changes now?
        Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
        Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

        Comment


          #64
          Hey haimat,

          Yup! 4.13 version shows up now. Rock on

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by Derjyn View Post
            Hey haimat,

            Yup! 4.13 version shows up now. Rock on
            Great, thanks for letting us know
            Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
            Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

            Comment


              #66
              Trying to use the Custom Widget and whenever I drag a widget into the input it will always fail and not create the widget. Just wondering how I will fix this issue.

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by waresoft View Post
                Trying to use the Custom Widget and whenever I drag a widget into the input it will always fail and not create the widget. Just wondering how I will fix this issue.
                Hi, how exactly do you try to add the custom widget to the menu?
                I just tried it with the latest MMS version and it works fine here.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	1118301

                First you create the menu as usual (check MMS sample project and/or MMS manual for details). Then you create the widget via the standard "Create Widget" BP node. Then you add that newly created widget via the MMS BP node "Add Custom Widget". That's it, there is nothing more to do.

                Hope that helps!
                Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
                Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

                Comment


                  #68
                  Hi, I just purchased your MMS. Fantastic system! I have been reading through the support posts here and on the release thread to see if there is a setup for key remapping or game pad/controller integration.
                  Either I am blind or just can't find it. If this has not been implemented do you know if your system is compatible with the "Blueprint Key Remapping System" sold on the marketplace? I understand if you don't have that system to test, I am more asking in principle if they could work together since it would be a solution for adding that type of functionality.
                  Once again great system and as far as I have read, great support on your threads. Thank you!

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by Synny View Post
                    Hi, I just purchased your MMS. Fantastic system! I have been reading through the support posts here and on the release thread to see if there is a setup for key remapping or game pad/controller integration.
                    Either I am blind or just can't find it. If this has not been implemented do you know if your system is compatible with the "Blueprint Key Remapping System" sold on the marketplace? I understand if you don't have that system to test, I am more asking in principle if they could work together since it would be a solution for adding that type of functionality.
                    Once again great system and as far as I have read, great support on your threads. Thank you!
                    Hey Synny, thank you very much for purchasing the Modular Menu System! As for your question, we don't have support for key remapping, since we focus on the UI-part. I don't have experience with the Blueprint Key Remapping System, so unfortunately I cannot say for sure whether it would work out of the box with our MMS. I do read, however, that their system supports custom UI, not only their built-in UI, so I would assume both system should work together nicely.

                    Hope it works out for you!
                    Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
                    Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Thanks for the quick response and the info.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        I love the menus but I am currently having a problem with standalone and launch game. Whenever I start my project with standalone game or launch from the executable the menus are not created. The code is going through because I have put print strings and they are printing. I have tested on a completely new project with nothing but MMS and still the menus are not created. I hope you may be able to help me with my problem. Selected view-port works great and I am doing wonders but even with a simple blueprint like this Click image for larger version

Name:	Simple MMS Blueprint.png
Views:	2
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	1119653

                        selected view-port is created but when using standalone or launch from executable it is not created.
                        Also, the Dark Viewport Overlay when applied does darken the whole screen.
                        Last edited by waresoft; 12-06-2016, 09:31 PM. Reason: Found something new.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Hey waresoft, thanks for the feedback. We will have a look at this and get back to you soon.
                          Which engine version are you using?
                          Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
                          Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

                          Comment


                            #73
                            So I tried it with a standalone and packaged game, and both are working fine, the menus are shown.
                            I would recommend to have a look at the example map ("Test"), shipped with the MMS. Does that work for you?

                            Maybe you will need to add the "Delay" BP node to your setup, as you can see in our sample map.

                            Hope that helps!
                            Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
                            Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Did this in 4.12.5 and 4.14. Both for some reason did not work.
                              But I tried using the delay and it worked.
                              Thank you for helping me with that.
                              It confused me that it wasn't working guess I just never thought of using the delay.

                              Thank you.

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Great, I am glad it's working for you now
                                Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
                                Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X