Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modular Menu System Support Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by Jazz View Post
    Now all of the new blueprint library functions show up in blueprint. Very odd that it doesn't work for me in a fresh C++ project but does work in a blueprint project with C++ added to it.
    Very odd indeed. But I am glad it's working for you now
    Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
    Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by Jazz View Post
      Now all of the new blueprint library functions show up in blueprint. Very odd that it doesn't work for me in a fresh C++ project but does work in a blueprint project with C++ added to it.
      Ok, I was curious to try it with a C++ project as well, as I only tried it with a BP project, to which I added a C++ class later on. But also in the fresh C++ project everything works fine, including the BP library functions showing up in the context menu of the level BP.

      So, the C++ from our web site is working fine. I can think of two potential issues on your end:

      *) You have not replaced the API in the new class header, e.g. in "class CPPTEST_API UBpVideoSettingsLib : public UBlueprintFunctionLibrary"
      *) You have added a "U" prefix to the class name, so that in the auto-generated code it becomes "UUBpVideoSettingsLib" instead of "UBpVideoSettingsLib"

      Does that help?
      Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
      Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

      Comment


        #48
        Can I make it not scale. I hate how unreal scales everything when the window is resized, can this get around that?

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by Cryptexxx View Post
          Can I make it not scale. I hate how unreal scales everything when the window is resized, can this get around that?
          Scaling is set via "DPI Scaling" in project settings:

          https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...de/DPIScaling/

          This is the same with the Modular Menu System.
          Hope that helps!
          Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
          Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

          Comment


            #50
            I have purchased the MMS system, and, its really nice. Saves me a ton of time.

            I am having an issue tho, I am trying to implement a steam server list onto a scroll that will find all games of the current ID (in this example, all games hosting "Spacewar")
            I am pretty stuck. I think the code im using (blueprint steam code) is just not working for this system. I want to continue to use it, of course, but, i cant get the steam server list to work properly.

            Im ready to even rebuild using YOUR system, but, i dont know where to start to add the "Find Session" / "Join Session" nodes.

            work flow:

            Main Menu w/ a "Join" button > click button > open server list widget > "find session" display with scroll bar that will size depending on the number of servers > click the server of choice > click "join" (or double click) > load screen > play with friends

            I am reaching out in hopes that you can atleast get me started on the server widget, or, better yet, the additional things i need to add to this .... Thanks for your time.
            Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
            Dallas, TX USA
            https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

            Comment


              #51
              I'm having an issue where various Blueprint assets that are in any way connected with MMS are getting locked... It's very odd and this bug has thus far nuked several Blueprints in the process. I've narrowed it down to MMS, but can't figure out why it's happening. The error window that pops up following the one in the shot below says I'm in Standalone Play mode, which is a bold-faced lie, haha. I even ran default Windows and other process managers to confirm I wasn't crazy. So as soon as I do a basic MMS set up in a clean project, and call various functions from one Blueprint to another that has MMS related bits and bobs, that starts happening.

              Also, I still want to suggest you do something more elaborate and friendly for handling button clicks. It's way more work than it needs to be to set up a proper button handling routine. I just want to have a controller Blueprint for my GUI that has functions in it for handling button activity for each of my menus. Having to jump into the Event Handler and build a spaghetti monster to handle all the buttons is just plain wrong. Anyways, below is a quick screenshot of the error message that pops up. Oh, also- I just noticed MMS created a Changelog.txt file inside my project, without warning. Why?

              Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1113835

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Angrytoilet View Post
                I am having an issue tho, I am trying to implement a steam server list onto a scroll that will find all games of the current ID (in this example, all games hosting "Spacewar")
                I am pretty stuck. I think the code im using (blueprint steam code) is just not working for this system. I want to continue to use it, of course, but, i cant get the steam server list to work properly.
                Ok then, first things first. You write that it seems that your BP Steam code is maybe not working properly.
                Can you first verify that you are acutally receiving the list of servers from Steam? e.g. print them out or so.

                If that is working, then I would suggest to build a small prototype menu with MMS in order to get things on track. Add a TextScrollbox and to it the list of Steam games (i.e. their names or IDs or whatever you like) as options. If that is working you can for example add a button which reads the selected option from TextScrollbox, so that you can process that further...

                Does that help you with your problem?
                Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
                Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by Derjyn View Post
                  I'm having an issue where various Blueprint assets that are in any way connected with MMS are getting locked... It's very odd and this bug has thus far nuked several Blueprints in the process. I've narrowed it down to MMS, but can't figure out why it's happening. The error window that pops up following the one in the shot below says I'm in Standalone Play mode, which is a bold-faced lie, haha. I even ran default Windows and other process managers to confirm I wasn't crazy. So as soon as I do a basic MMS set up in a clean project, and call various functions from one Blueprint to another that has MMS related bits and bobs, that starts happening.
                  That is really strange. I have never seen that error message myself -- neither related to MMS or in any other project. Now from Googling on this issue I found that there are serveral others who have the same or a similar issue, even without MMS. So from reading those other threads and my experience with UE4 I would suggest to find out the reason for this issue by first trying to not save the BP asset, close the editor, restart it and try to save it again.

                  Another option would be to delete Saved and Intermediate folders before starting the edtor.

                  Also you could try to right-click on the main folder in your content browser and select the "Fix Up Redirectors in Folder" option.

                  Here are threads I found on this issue:

                  https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...nal-priva.html
                  https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ivate-obj.html
                  https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...xternal-3.html

                  Originally posted by Derjyn View Post
                  Also, I still want to suggest you do something more elaborate and friendly for handling button clicks. It's way more work than it needs to be to set up a proper button handling routine. I just want to have a controller Blueprint for my GUI that has functions in it for handling button activity for each of my menus. Having to jump into the Event Handler and build a spaghetti monster to handle all the buttons is just plain wrong.
                  First of all: thanks for your feedback. We are always willing to improve on the MMS, so we appreciate your suggestions a lot. But I am not sure whether I have fully understood what you would prefer instead of the event handler. For example, if you look into the AddButton BP node of the MMS framework, on the right side you will find a section with a comment "Bind Event Handler and apply Theme". There you can see menu button object has an event dispatcher, and the event handler object is binding to that dispatcher.

                  Would it help you if you receive either the menu button object itself from the AddButton function as return parameter, or the event dispatcher? That way you could bind your own events to the dispatcher. Or would you prefer another solution?

                  Originally posted by Derjyn View Post
                  Oh, also- I just noticed MMS created a Changelog.txt file inside my project, without warning. Why?
                  You can ignore (or delete) that file. It's just a plain text file for information, no functionality attached to it
                  Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
                  Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Would it help you if you receive either the menu button object itself from the AddButton function as return parameter, or the event dispatcher? That way you could bind your own events to the dispatcher. Or would you prefer another solution?
                    Those solutions would be better than none, haha! Would be great actually.

                    As for my other issue, with not being able to save... I've narrowed it down, to only happening when I add an event dispatcher in my child MMS event handler BP. I'm calling that (I copied the signature from ButtonCallback) on the function override ButtonCallback event. As soon as I wipe out that event dispatcher, compile and save, I can save normally in my other blueprint. Very strange indeed!

                    [edit]
                    Even further drilled down, this happens *as soon* as I override the ButtonCallback function in my child event handler. The event dispatcher wasn't the culprit.
                    [/edit]
                    Last edited by Derjyn; 08-16-2016, 01:29 PM.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by Derjyn View Post
                      Those solutions would be better than none, haha! Would be great actually.
                      Fine then, we have updated the MMS so that every Add... BP node returns a reference to the newly created menu element. Using that you can easily hook your own function to the new menu element's event dispatcher, as discussed before. I have already sent the update to Epic, will let you know when the new version has been published by them!

                      Originally posted by Derjyn View Post
                      As for my other issue, with not being able to save... I've narrowed it down, to only happening when I add an event dispatcher in my child MMS event handler BP. I'm calling that (I copied the signature from ButtonCallback) on the function override ButtonCallback event. As soon as I wipe out that event dispatcher, compile and save, I can save normally in my other blueprint. Very strange indeed!

                      [edit]
                      Even further drilled down, this happens *as soon* as I override the ButtonCallback function in my child event handler. The event dispatcher wasn't the culprit.
                      [/edit]
                      That is strange, as we do the same in MyEventHandler in the demo project. You can have a look there in its event graph: the EventButtonCallback function overrides the same function in the parent class MMS_EventHandler. And that can be saved fine! Do you maybe try to override the private version of the same function (but prefixed with "Private")?
                      Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
                      Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

                      Comment


                        #56
                        We have updated the Modular Menu System to version 1.4.
                        Now you can hook directly to the event dispatchers of the menu elements.

                        Please have a look at the official announcement in the MMS thread.
                        Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
                        Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Hey, thanks a bunch haimat... It's these little things that make Market content worth it. In the end, it saves us time and gives us more power to do greater things

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by Derjyn View Post
                            Hey, thanks a bunch haimat... It's these little things that make Market content worth it. In the end, it saves us time and gives us more power to do greater things
                            Awesome, glad you like it!
                            And thanks for the positive feedback
                            Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
                            Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by haimat View Post
                              Hi ClassyGentleman, thanks for your feedback to the Modular Menu System. So in order to handle user selection of screen resolution, as you describe above, you can do the following: First, populate the combo box with all resolutions you want to support in your game. You just need to provide a String array when creating the combo box or screen settings menu via MMS.

                              Then you have two choices: Either you read what the user has selected in the combo box when she clicks on some kind of "OK" or "Save" button. In your event handling code you can simply get the option selected in the combo box by calling the "Get Combobox Selection" BP node, as described in section 2.5.1.2 of the MMS manual.

                              Your second option is to implement the "ComboSelectionChanged" function in your custom event handler class. That way you can react to the user when she selects a screen resolution the combo box, without the need to confirm that with an extra button.

                              I hope that answers your questioin.
                              Please get back here if you need any further assistance.
                              Hello, sorry for the late reply. I am that kind of person who learns best with pictures, could you take some screenshots or make a vid on this topic with the screen resolutions. Thank you bunch!

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by ClassyGentleman View Post
                                Hello, sorry for the late reply. I am that kind of person who learns best with pictures, could you take some screenshots or make a vid on this topic with the screen resolutions. Thank you bunch!
                                You can see all of that in the demo application shipped with the Modular Menu System. Have a look at the MyEventHandler BP. It shows you how to populate a combo box with screen resolutions (strings), as well as how to react to events like clicks on buttons.

                                And of course, there is the MMS manual, which explains all these features in detail, with screenshots.
                                Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
                                Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X