Extended First Person Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GAUGING INTEREST] Extended First Person Template

Ive started working on a blueprint package that extends the functionality of the default first person shooter template that is provided with the engine. The goal of the package is a base to build your first person games on that need the classic functionality such as sprinting, crouching, health, HUD, usable items and weapons. Ive noticed a lack of consolidated packages on the marketplace, where only certain aspects of each are included (or are convoluted with many other features). This template is meant for singleplayer only.

So far features present are
    • Health System (Fall damage, drowning, health bar)
    • Basic Weapon System (includes basics such as switching weapons, reloading, firing, ect)
    • Player movement (Sprinting, crouching, swimming, and ladders)
    • Useable Items (Doors, and anything else the player can interact with)
    • Flashlight

The weapons, weapon FX and animations are from Ironbellys FPS weapons, which will have native support, but are not included with the template.

Demo as of 10/11/2016

Click image for larger version

Name:	6ZNd5xw.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	236.9 KB
ID:	1196716

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6t42lbkwp...ate002.7z?dl=0

Potential Price: $50-$60
    Yes
    87.88%
    No
    12.12%
    Last edited by Shirk; 03-30-2017, 10:56 AM.
    Stylized Low Poly Environment
    Stylized Low Poly Pine Forest
    Stylized Low Poly Buildings
    First Person Horror Template

This looks amazing!
    BTW, This package will include an AI system?
    Because, I want to shoot not only in walls or boxes.

Comment

Its just meant to be an extension of the default firstperson template where you add in your own features, not a full game solution. Although if there is enough interest in it I can attempt to add AI, although Ive never experimented with it before.

Comment

Totally want this, could you put it on selfy or something to access now and later update an AI system
        Portfolio Webpage
        http://fcsupreme.wix.com/gamedesign

LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/pub/adam-facey/77/a01/61/

Comment

Originally posted by AdamF View Post
          Totally want this, could you put it on selfy or something to access now and later update an AI system
          I definitely can, I've added a really basic AI already so you have something to test. Give me a few days to clean everything up and comment on everything and then Ill put it up on Gumroad.

By the way, what do you guys think a reasonable price is for this? Generally I keep the price really low so its available to more people.

Comment

By the way, what do you guys think a reasonable price is for this? Generally I keep the price really low so its available to more people.
            Well that depends, its always up to the developer what price you want to add to it. As far as what its worth, it depends on what is actually included, as the video is not an exact visual representation of the package your selling, can we have a video of it?
            You mentined these are included so far:
            Health System (Fall damage, drowning, health bar) = is it easily customizable for a novice UE4 blueprint user?
            Basic Weapon System (includes basics such as switching weapons, reloading, firing, ect)= again, easily changed using blueprints, can the character switch weapons already equipped, can weapons be picked up discarded, is there a HUD for these?
            Player movement (Sprinting, crouching, swimming, and ladders)= are they animated, is it just UE4 FPS Arms or can 3rd person be implemented, can custom character be added easy?
            Useable Items (Doors, and anything else the player can interact with)
            Flashlight= is it timed, battery operated? again can it be changed using blueprints?

How many more features are you planning to add to the coming updates? If any?
            I personally would like to see all the custom features shown in the video implemented in the package or help/direction on how to create them, especially the objectives and bandages
            Im going of on a tangent now so ill stop, ill just list features I want to make for my game.

-1st / 3rd person character
            -Switchable weapons both on character and found in game,=ie: player starts of with a pistol and can find other weapons in game, can equip up to 3 and interchange with the rest found in the world
            -An equipped weapon melee kick, kinda like Duke Nukem
            -A point level up system with enemies killed and or objectives completed.
            -A custom armory system,one that could potentially use the points gained in game, kind of like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmsfUQh5mk4
            If I carry on the price of this will increase exponentially so i guess up to here you can charge whatever you want
            I know I havent answere your question lol, maybe with a video of actual content will be easier to gauge the value.
            Thanks again
            Portfolio Webpage
            http://fcsupreme.wix.com/gamedesign

LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/pub/adam-facey/77/a01/61/

Comment

Thinking of what Doom 3 has, it would be nice to have:

- Basic inventory (pick up items; use keys/items - basically a door has info about what item(s) player has to have in order for player to be able to use it)
              - Trigger system (although I don't know if UE4 handles that via BP naturally)
              - Change crosshair from cross hair to something else when looking at interactive actor (door/button/etc.)
              - USE key (to interact with interactive actors; makes sound and/or prints+shows image in HUD if actor requires an item to be interacted with)
              - Pickup items by running over them or by using USE key
              - Visual cues to damage (double vision; red tint where it's darker on the edge or corner based on the direction where damage came from) and view fading to red/black on death
              - Stamina when running (configurable so that designer could turn it on/off), with HUD indicator

There is a lot more core stuff from games like Quake and Doom 3 that could be added. Those few I mention that from the top of my head. And I'd be willing to pay more than $10 if those are added.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                Thinking of what Doom 3 has, it would be nice to have:

- Basic inventory (pick up items; use keys/items - basically a door has info about what item(s) player has to have in order for player to be able to use it)
                - Trigger system (although I don't know if UE4 handles that via BP naturally)
                - Change crosshair from cross hair to something else when looking at interactive actor (door/button/etc.)
                - USE key (to interact with interactive actors; makes sound and/or prints+shows image in HUD if actor requires an item to be interacted with)
                - Pickup items by running over them or by using USE key
                - Visual cues to damage (double vision; red tint where it's darker on the edge or corner based on the direction where damage came from) and view fading to red/black on death
                - Stamina when running (configurable so that designer could turn it on/off), with HUD indicator

There is a lot more core stuff from games like Quake and Doom 3 that could be added. Those few I mention that from the top of my head. And I'd be willing to pay more than $10 if those are added.
                Pretty much all of these are already present aside from visual damage and the crosshair.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamF View Post
                  Well that depends, its always up to the developer what price you want to add to it. As far as what its worth, it depends on what is actually included, as the video is not an exact visual representation of the package your selling, can we have a video of it?
                  You mentined these are included so far:
                  Health System (Fall damage, drowning, health bar) = is it easily customizable for a novice UE4 blueprint user?
                  Basic Weapon System (includes basics such as switching weapons, reloading, firing, ect)= again, easily changed using blueprints, can the character switch weapons already equipped, can weapons be picked up discarded, is there a HUD for these?
                  Player movement (Sprinting, crouching, swimming, and ladders)= are they animated, is it just UE4 FPS Arms or can 3rd person be implemented, can custom character be added easy?
                  Useable Items (Doors, and anything else the player can interact with)
                  Flashlight= is it timed, battery operated? again can it be changed using blueprints?

How many more features are you planning to add to the coming updates? If any?
                  I personally would like to see all the custom features shown in the video implemented in the package or help/direction on how to create them, especially the objectives and bandages
                  Im going of on a tangent now so ill stop, ill just list features I want to make for my game.

-1st / 3rd person character
                  -Switchable weapons both on character and found in game,=ie: player starts of with a pistol and can find other weapons in game, can equip up to 3 and interchange with the rest found in the world
                  -An equipped weapon melee kick, kinda like Duke Nukem
                  -A point level up system with enemies killed and or objectives completed.
                  -A custom armory system,one that could potentially use the points gained in game, kind of like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmsfUQh5mk4
                  If I carry on the price of this will increase exponentially so i guess up to here you can charge whatever you want
                  I know I havent answere your question lol, maybe with a video of actual content will be easier to gauge the value.
                  Thanks again
                  The health system is pretty straight forward, and (hope) that Ive commented it well.

The weapon system is a little bit more complicated, but nothing difficult to understand if you can understand basic blueprints. All the weapons are child blueprints of a parent blueprint that contains all the core weapon functionality, and each of these like fire, reload, drop, ect can all be overridden in the child blueprint to make a completely custom weapon. The player is currently able to switch between any and all of the weapons with the number keys and the mouse wheel. You can limit the number of weapons the player can pick up to any amount (although you may run out of keyboard keys to select them). You are able to drop them and pick up new weapons to replace them.

The player movement is not animated, and a custom character should be relatively easy to implement.

For the flashlight, its just a basic on and off flashlight with configurable settings. Im trying to refrain from being too specific with features such as that because this is intended to be a frame work to build off of, not a full game solution, and so that is also why there are no animations (for the time being)

As for the features Im planning on fleshing out and improving the ones that I currently have, and like I said I dont want to add any specific features like a bandage or objectives because those branch off of the idea of the package/

Comment

Wow this has come a loooong way

Comment

Oh, will this have multiplayer support ?

Another things come to mind are compass and climbing mechanic (like in upcoming Doom and Dishonored).
                      Last edited by motorsep; 03-01-2016, 04:31 PM.

Comment

This does not have multiplayer support, and I will reiterate what Ive said before that this is meant to be a framework for you to build on and add your own features. I dont want to include features such as a compass or climbing mechanics because those are pretty specific to a game or genre. This is meant to just simply be an extension of the default FPS template.

Comment

Aye, no problem

Comment

Just here to watch the video. Btw, you can't use valve & source content, especially extracted from proprietary packs

Comment

Originally posted by Kheka View Post
                              Just here to watch the video. Btw, you can't use valve & source content, especially extracted from proprietary packs
                              The video contains all placeholder stuff (especially sounds as they are hard to come by). The video is for a personal project, and is just showing off what this package can do.

Comment

Working...
                              X