Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FPS Attachments from Ironbelly Studios - Check Out NEW HTML Web Demo!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The update is LIVE for the Bullets Pack for everyone who was looking for a more realistic use of the bullets. We heard you folks, so let us know what you think :- }
    Ironbelly Studios- Your External UE4 Development Partner: AAA Quality Services at Indie Prices
    Request a quote today:
    https://ironbellystudios.com
    Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ironbellystudios

Comment

Hey, this is an amazing pack. Looks great and works fine. But I have one big problem. Attaching a sight results in a massive performance loss from 90FPS to 60 FPS. I'm not able to find a reason for that in the blueprints. Any idea how to resolve this?
      Polygon Art - Passion in Game Design
      Beyond Enemy Lines - The next generation of tactical FPS
      Facebook | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by KAEPS133 View Post
        Hey, this is an amazing pack. Looks great and works fine. But I have one big problem. Attaching a sight results in a massive performance loss from 90FPS to 60 FPS. I'm not able to find a reason for that in the blueprints. Any idea how to resolve this?
        What version of the engine are you using?
        Ironbelly Studios- Your External UE4 Development Partner: AAA Quality Services at Indie Prices
        Request a quote today:

Comment

I'm using 4.16, updated from 4.15
          Facebook | Twitter

Comment

I'm still not able to resolve the issues.
            Facebook | Twitter

Comment

Hey KAEPS133, go into the fps arms and check for a capture component. Just click on it, and turn off "capture everyframe"

This should speed things up for you in a decent way.. You can also go into the reflection texture and lower it's resolution or change it from color to greyscape. Render targets take a lot of cpu unfortunately and as a last resort you can always just turn off the capture target reflections
              Request a quote today:

Comment

hey Ironbelly i bought the Attachment pack but im having trouble integrating the sniper scope into my own player, i used c++ for my character.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPlusCompany View Post
                  hey Ironbelly i bought the Attachment pack but im having trouble integrating the sniper scope into my own player, i used c++ for my character.
                  Hey there, do you mind sending us a video or screen capture of your issue over to support@ironbellystudios.com? We'll try our best to get back to you this week but its always easier when we can see what the issue is. Cheers!
                  Request a quote today:

Comment

Hey,

I already disabled the capture everyframe with no change at all. I'm now having a more detailed map and the drop get's even worse. from 90FPS without a sight down to ~45FPs with any sight attached. That a capture component requires resources is expected, but such a drop in framerate is brutal.
                    Facebook | Twitter

Comment

Hey,

I already disabled the capture everyframe with no change at all. I'm now having a more detailed map and the drop get's even worse. from 90FPS without a sight down to ~45FPs with any sight attached. That a capture component requires resources is expected,
                      And you also lowered teh resolution of the reflection texture? Did you try changing it from color to greyscale? I did a text taking it down to 128x128 and going greyscale and on a 1440p monitor I couldn't notice nor appreciate the difference tbh.

but such a drop in framerate is brutal.
                      Yea, no doubt there, it's rendering the entire scene twice
                      Last edited by Ironbelly; 06-13-2017, 04:40 PM.
                      Request a quote today:

Comment

Hey,

I already disabled the capture everyframe with no change at all. I'm now having a more detailed map and the drop get's even worse. from 90FPS without a sight down to ~45FPs with any sight attached. That a capture component requires resources is expected, but such a drop in framerate is brutal.
                        One more thing, have you tried disabling 'capture on movement' ?
                        Request a quote today:

Comment

Found a solution. Disableing cast shadow on the point light fixed the issue.
                          Facebook | Twitter

Comment

Found a solution. Disableing cast shadow on the point light fixed the issue.
                            Glad to hear! It's something that only cropped up once 4.16 launched, so we're working on updating all the packs. Thanks for being patient
                            Request a quote today:

Comment

Working...
                            X