Advanced Social System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robviously View Post
    where you are getting player state from "self", this is for the sedan BP. Should you be pulling the data from the player character instead of self? just an idea at a glance. cause if the name plate is blank self is probably a null reference. You could also setup a "owning player" function for the car, which could store the player name in a variable to use. This would also be a way you could setup permissions for the car if you wanted a locking feature and so on.
    I changed what you said and it works PART but not right LOL

here is a video so you can see my issue.

Matt Walton: Programmer and owner of WireLiteSoft Games.

[Streaming Terrains][WireLiteSoft.us]

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post
      I changed what you said and it works PART but not right LOL
      Hello, watched the video just trying to figure it out. I think I know why its doing that, it looks like the way you are casting to the playernameplate is the issue. Instead you should be setting the nameplate component in the car to display the info that you get get from the players name. It doesnt look like possesion is the issue. also I think the reason its turning on and off is because you are telling it to hide and show when you enter and leave car and from the way you have it setup its using the same info on both instead of having separate info for the car nameplate. try again without hiding the name plate and see if it shows over the car. it might show two name plates but then that means that's what is happening. I'll look in to it a bit try to explain better just give me a few min.
      Last edited by Robviously; 08-20-2016, 08:37 PM.
      Robviously - Lone Pioneer Studios

Marketplace Items:
      Mount and Taming Blueprint
      Status Effects and Combat Text Blueprint
      Laser Rangefinder Blueprint

Comment

The way I think you should do it, is that when the player gets in a car you set an offset on the original nameplates location, so it's higher on the Z axis or what ever. then you just hide the player but not his nameplate and when you dismount you set the nameplate back to the standard position.

Click image for larger version

Name:	name.png
Views:	1
Size:	322.4 KB
ID:	1114106

the more I look in to it the more this option makes sense. Since the player name plate is in UMG and already gets the info you wouldn't want to set it up a second time. This way the distance scaling that is already setup stays the same guild names and so forth. The Car doesnt needs its own nameplate as its just a vehicle the controller posses not a new player.

let me know if this works

*note* you will need to pull off reference to the nameplate from the player. I just have a get "nameplate" as I'm in the player BP not the sedan BP
        Last edited by Robviously; 08-20-2016, 09:06 PM.
        Robviously - Lone Pioneer Studios

Marketplace Items:
        Mount and Taming Blueprint
        Status Effects and Combat Text Blueprint
        Laser Rangefinder Blueprint

Comment

ok so i been trying different things and some how i got it to work!!!!

Don't ask HOW but i was able to force player state to be part of the PAWN not the controller HAHA editor bug maybe? who knows. i just know it is working now!!!

Name:	Screenshot_18.png
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	1114108

Name:	Screenshot_19.png
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	1114109

Comment

Originally posted by Robviously View Post
            The way I think you should do it, is that when the player gets in a car you set an offset on the original nameplates location, so it's higher on the Z axis or what ever. then you just hide the player but not his nameplate and when you dismount you set the nameplate back to the standard position.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107168[/ATTACH]

the more I look in to it the more this option makes sense. Since the player name plate is in UMG and already gets the info you wouldn't want to set it up a second time. This way the distance scaling that is already setup stays the same guild names and so forth. The Car doesnt needs its own nameplate as its just a vehicle the controller posses not a new player.

let me know if this works

*note* you will need to pull off reference to the nameplate from the player. I just have a get "nameplate" as I'm in the player BP not the sedan BP
            wow i like your code better. im going to try to use it. it seems more efficient then what im doing.

Comment

Originally posted by janpec View Post
              Looks like interesting asset to buy. Perhaps one question, how easy is to adjust/reskin UI, formation, placement and appearance of chat system? Is it default UMG workflow or is it heavier due to code interferance?
              Yes the UMG widgets themselves are simple and clean which makes them easy to alter if you have a basic understanding of UMG workflow
              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
              Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
              Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Unreal Engine 4.14
                ------- 4.13 -> 4.14 Upgrade Notes -------

No known issues
                \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Any suggestion what i should do in this case?

Name:	error.jpg
Size:	485.0 KB
ID:	1118721

Is the connected node enough, or does it require the target connection, because it works when you add the Actor component, but then no PlayerState input connection. This happened after changing the PlayerFrame, which lead to a succession of failure

Added a fresh copy of the 4.14 release into my project, moved the SocialComponent, opened it, and the same node is broken.

This fixes it, but is it enough?

Name:	fix.jpg
Size:	476.2 KB
ID:	1118722

Also this node is broken on restart (Changed the related PlayerState reference for my project, after the error became visible). Also changed then the SPlayer structure PlayerState, still the error is there.

Name:	error2.jpg
Size:	545.8 KB
ID:	1118724

Okay, above error can be fixed, when just connecting the node, closing the editor, then delete Saved and Intermediate folder, restarting. Problem gone.
                  Last edited by unit23; 11-20-2016, 05:17 PM.
                  [LEGENDS of EPICATwitter / FB / YT / Vimeo discord.gg/saG3x4Y]

Comment

The 4.14 emotes are not working, correct? Testing the fresh untempered version, emotes not playing.

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                      Any suggestion what i should do in this case?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118370[/ATTACH]

Is the connected node enough, or does it require the target connection, because it works when you add the Actor component, but then no PlayerState input connection. This happened after changing the PlayerFrame, which lead to a succession of failure

Added a fresh copy of the 4.14 release into my project, moved the SocialComponent, opened it, and the same node is broken.

This fixes it, but is it enough?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118372[/ATTACH]

Also this node is broken on restart (Changed the related PlayerState reference for my project, after the error became visible). Also changed then the SPlayer structure PlayerState, still the error is there.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118374[/ATTACH]

Okay, above error can be fixed, when just connecting the node, closing the editor, then delete Saved and Intermediate folder, restarting. Problem gone.
                      The errors are strange. Moving the component shouldn't be breaking things in your new project.
                      I have tried to reproduce this error and can not. Perhaps there are a few hiccups still in the new 4.14 engine release. I would try migrating again but don't move the component to a new folder until you have compiled and ran everything, cleaned up redirectors and then closed and reopened the project. Sometimes the Editor can get all jumbled up.

The 4.14 emotes are not working, correct? Testing the fresh untempered version, emotes not playing.
                      I just downloaded it fresh again in the launcher and created a new 4.14 project and the emotes are still playing correctly on my end.
                      Perhaps this is a result of the earlier issue with moving the component in your new project?

Please send me a support email as I would be interested to see what is causing this in the editor so we can submit a bug report to Epic and get a fix for 4.14.1/2.
                      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                        I just downloaded it fresh again in the launcher and created a new 4.14 project and the emotes are still playing correctly on my end.
                        Perhaps this is a result of the earlier issue with moving the component in your new project?
                        Just went to my Launcher, deleted ***, created new project (deleted folder from hard drive too), when i type /emote dance nothing happens, only text in chat. Sending you a email now.

Comment

Just went to my Launcher, deleted ***, created new project (deleted folder from hard drive too), when i type /emote dance nothing happens, only text in chat. Sending you a email now.
                          Oh. You only have to type /dance

/Emote lets you create a text emote. Like /emote rolls on floor laughing
                          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                            Oh. You only have to type /dance

/Emote lets you create a text emote. Like /emote rolls on floor laughing
                            Lol, okay it works in my project too, and my above fix seems to suffice. I skipped through almost all content yesterday, and so nice to see your skill and dedication, considering how complicated Unreal can be, and how complex this project is, great work, and thank you for the fast response. Cheers.

Btw. is it normal behavior if you have a login integrated, and test with 2 clients, that only one window works properly. Player entities can be seen, animations and stuff is replicated, just not the Player Controller related code is produced correctly. I guess because of the default usage of Get Player Controller "0", right? My project has a lot of this, including Login to Gamesparks, only one client gets the login screen, the other spawns right in the level.

Comment

Lol, okay it works in my project too, and my above fix seems to suffice. I skipped through almost all content yesterday, and so nice to see your skill and dedication, considering how complicated Unreal can be, and how complex this project is, great work, and thank you for the fast response. Cheers.

Btw. is it normal behavior if you have a login integrated, and test with 2 clients, that only one window works properly. Player entities can be seen, animations and stuff is replicated, just not the Player Controller related code is produced correctly. I guess because of the default usage of Get Player Controller "0", right? My project has a lot of this, including Login to Gamesparks, only one client gets the login screen, the other spawns right in the level.
                              Yes the Get Player Controller 0 causes issues when testing in editor because they are all running off the same instance of unreal. In the advanced launch options in editor you can make each client run as it's own process. Or change your logic to avoid using Get Player Controller 0 which in my opinion is the better way to do it if possible.
                              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

So how would i change a player's name? i tried creating a login screen to do this with no avail.

Comment

Working...
                                X