Forest Fire Environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Another quick update, just tonight I submitted to Epic! Fingers crossed and hopefully I didn't mess up the process

I did complete the education map which has 6 rooms with mini-breakdowns about the art process in them. I also did a thorough comment pass on all the materials, etc so things should be pretty easy to break apart and understand (that's the hope!)

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement guys. Lots of fun!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dralex789 View Post
    Just another update as things are getting close. All the content is wrapped with Lod's etc and the demonstration map is now done (pic below). All thats left is a double check on all the material comments and setting up the educational map with text to explain my process etc.
    Wow, it's looking awesome. I really like the atmosphere!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just another update as things are getting close. All the content is wrapped with Lod's etc and the demonstration map is now done (pic below). All thats left is a double check on all the material comments and setting up the educational map with text to explain my process etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	571.4 KB
ID:	1101449

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a quick update on progress:

-All textures and now 100% wrapped
    -All but 2 materials are done, with around 70% of them commented out
    -All but 2 of the 4 rock meshes are wrapped
    -Particle work has been started

Also a link to a gif of the background smoke material. Fake particle lighting used to give some cool ambient distant smoke

http://i.imgur.com/AAh0MkX.webm

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can't wait to see this in the Marketplace, good job!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh man this is gorgeous, sign me up for being very interested (I think 70$ sounds pretty reasonable too).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the kind words everyone! More updates coming soon!

Originally posted by MrMrC View Post
    Very cool. Ever thought about how this would interact with the current dynamic fire system on the marketplace? I.e. this concept with dynamic spread of fire etc?
    I have thought about it! This pack will definitely stay a visual focused pack but I'm sure if it gets submitted and approved someone could combine the two and get something pretty cool!

Alex

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very cool. Ever thought about how this would interact with the current dynamic fire system on the marketplace? I.e. this concept with dynamic spread of fire etc?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow. People doing environments in UE4 continually amaze me. Very nice work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This looks amazing!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks so devastated! I guess it will be helpful for some people, looks and sounds great !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If it works well, I'd support $70.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ModBodDolphin View Post
    This is absolutely beautiful! what pricepoint were you looking at for selling this?
    Honestly I'm not 100% sure. I know it's big range but probably somewhere between $40 and $70. It's a bit tough to quantify since there are quite a few different elements, some of which were pretty tricky create. I'm open to feeedback though!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *Jaw drop- Looks awesome.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is absolutely beautiful! what pricepoint were you looking at for selling this?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X