No announcement yet.

Achievepedia - An Unreal Engine Achievement, Notes And Encyclopedia Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, following our conversation in private messages I will post my answer here because your inbox appears to be full:

Originally posted by Panda Studios
    Hey,

This depends, did you also duplicate the struct or did you only duplicate the datatable? Since Datatable structs are not defined by the datatable name but by the struct used for it.
    Yes, made a duplicate of both struct and data table, but dragging off pins to break it only leads to objects, not firearms. Is this perhaps a bug in the engine? The datatables and structs are duplicates.

Comment

Originally posted by black cat View Post
      Hi, following our conversation in private messages I will post my answer here because your inbox appears to be full:

Yes, made a duplicate of both struct and data table, but dragging off pins to break it only leads to objects, not firearms. Is this perhaps a bug in the engine? The datatables and structs are duplicates.
      Hmm that's odd. Could you try to right click -> Break firearms and use that? If that doesn't work could you try manually creating the GetDataTableRow function and setting the Datatable?

To be sure, upon duplicating you didn't just duplicate the datatable and struct serperately but you duplicated the struct and made a datatable off of that?

If that's not it, then a video might help more.
      Marketplace Asset - Economy Kit; Marketplace Asset - Notification Kit; Marketplace Asset - Achievepedia; Marketplace Asset - Player Stats Kit; Marketplace Asset - Photomode;
      Marketplace Asset - Interaction Kit; Marketplace Asset - Turret Kit; Marketplace Asset - Character Stats Kit; Marketplace Asset - Smooth Camera Kit; Plugin - Toggl Plugin;
      Hire us here; Panda Studios, Game development company.; Official Unreal Engine Game Jam Sponsor

Comment

Originally posted by Panda Studios View Post
        Hmm that's odd. Could you try to right click -> Break firearms and use that? If that doesn't work could you try manually creating the GetDataTableRow function and setting the Datatable?

To be sure, upon duplicating you didn't just duplicate the datatable and struct serperately but you duplicated the struct and made a datatable off of that?

If that's not it, then a video might help more.
        I just duplicated them separately. I was actually wondering how to assign these two to have a relation, but I found no way to do that on a first glance. Guess I should take a look at the datatable documentation.
        EDIT: Just have to create a new asset and select the struct. That should fix it.

Forest for the trees.
        Last edited by black cat; 05-23-2016, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Our pack is on sale for 20% on the Marketplace! Grab it at: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/achievepedia
          Marketplace Asset - Economy Kit; Marketplace Asset - Notification Kit; Marketplace Asset - Achievepedia; Marketplace Asset - Player Stats Kit; Marketplace Asset - Photomode;
          Marketplace Asset - Interaction Kit; Marketplace Asset - Turret Kit; Marketplace Asset - Character Stats Kit; Marketplace Asset - Smooth Camera Kit; Plugin - Toggl Plugin;
          Hire us here; Panda Studios, Game development company.; Official Unreal Engine Game Jam Sponsor

Comment

I have picked up a strange anomaly in my implementation in UE 4.11.2 ... the achievements widgets are appearing on top of each other.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_Achievepedia.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	337.4 KB
ID:	1108268

Name:	Capture_Achievepedia_weirdness.PNG
Size:	969.7 KB
ID:	1108269

The fifth achievement is always displayed as you can see on the top screenshot and when I add more, the second screenshot is what happens.

Can you help?
            Quinton Delpeche
            Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
              I have picked up a strange anomaly in my implementation in UE 4.11.2 ... the achievements widgets are appearing on top of each other.

The fifth achievement is always displayed as you can see on the top screenshot and when I add more, the second screenshot is what happens.

Can you help?
              Hey there,

We just tried it on our end and we can't replicate the issue. Is there any changes you made or is this a pure implementation besides the color changing?
              Any other info you have that might help us replicate it?

Comment

Hey there,

We just tried it on our end and we can't replicate the issue. Is there any changes you made or is this a pure implementation besides the color changing?
                Any other info you have that might help us replicate it?
                No worries ... I removed everything and added it again ... it is all working properly now. Thanks.
                Quinton Delpeche
                Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
                  No worries ... I removed everything and added it again ... it is all working properly now. Thanks.
                  Ah happy you got it working! If you do notice other issues let us know

Comment

Ah happy you got it working! If you do notice other issues let us know
                    Right ... I can now recreate it ... it is a weird one.

Set any achievement above 5 to hidden and watch the fun. I have done this on a default install of your system to a blank project and I am able to achieve the same result in my project.

Name:	Capture01.PNG
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	1108436

Name:	Capture02.PNG
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	1108437
                    Quinton Delpeche

Comment

Hey,

This is really odd, I can't seem to replicate this :/

Here's what we have.

I set one of the achievements to hidden however it's still happening. Also tried with Jump5 not hidden.

It should be the same version as we submitted the 4.12 and haven't changed it since. (when submitting we also override the older versions so it's 100% sure it's the same)

Is it possible to have a gif, or video of this issue? Currently tried it in 4.10, 4.11 and 4.12 and neither of them are doing it.

Name:	Screenshot_16.png
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	1108438

Name:	Screenshot_20.png
Size:	354.0 KB
ID:	1108439

Comment

4.13 update is live!

Comment

Currently 40% off at the marketplace!

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/achievepedia

Reviews:

"Another great addition from you pandas to my depot VERY easy to integrate, lots of possibilities - this is just great ! 6 out of 5 stars :P"

"This must be one of the easiest and cleanest integrations I have ever had to do. This does exactly what it says on the box and is so flexible that I am using it in my Interactive Training Simulator for one of my customers. Thanks and keep up the good work, your packs are definitely always first on my list now."

Comment

CHANGELOG

Asset updated to 4.14

Changes:
                            Decrepated node changed to new node

Time till live on Itch: Now
                            Time till live on marketplace: Sent mail with files

Comment

It seems like a very cool and useful asset (I just bought it, although I haven't tried it yet) !!!

Would it be easy to modify the look of the Achievepedia with custom UI graphics ?

As a proposal for additional features, could you please add virtual keyboard and gamepad support (not mouse cursor emulation, but more of a standard navigation like something one can find on consoles) ?

Comment

Update for 4.15 has been processed.

Comment

Working...
                                X