Mount and Taming Blueprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
    Can the animations be retargeted to a Fuse character? Did anyone tried this?
    Can't you give mixamo a skeleton to use? Also unreal has a bunch of videos on their youtube channel that covers animation retargeting. But you can't simply retarget animations that are built with a different skeleton hierarchy.
    \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
    Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
    Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

You can use fuse animations with the unreal skeleton with some little adjustments. As for the deer, the deer maya is what you'd probably want to use but i dont see why any other app that supports fbx wouldnt work.
      Robviously - Lone Pioneer Studios

Marketplace Items:
      Status Effects and Combat Text Blueprint
      Laser Rangefinder Blueprint

Comment

Hi Robviously

Why do you not use the Widget Component for floating texts in ScreenSpace insted WorldSpace?

Cheers
        luny
        lunybunny.com
        lunybunny.com

Comment

Originally posted by lunyBunny View Post
          Hi Robviously

Why do you not use the Widget Component for floating texts in ScreenSpace insted WorldSpace?

Cheers
          luny

The idea of the demo was to have it float up from the location of the item that is being used. People are more than welcome to use screenspace location if thats what they want for their project

Marketplace Items:

Comment

I'm Interested in seeing what people have done with the project files. Please share some vids or your enhancements or wip project if you have the spare time.
            Last edited by Robviously; 02-26-2016, 10:33 AM.

Marketplace Items:

Comment

Bought and rated! Excellent deal, the deer looks great.

That type of mount could even work in the game I am going for but I was more so interested in having the deer spawn and run around my forests. Is there an easy to to export just the deer mesh, skeleton, textures and animations files so that I could create an AI blueprint to drop into an existing project?

Also, have you thought about doing a death animation. I would buy that if even if you had to package it into a seperate asset.

Comment

Thanks for the rating,

you can easily use the deer mesh, all you would need to do is Copy the animations, texture, material, skeleton and mesh files from the Mount project in to your own project. You could even bring over the Anim BP and just make some minor changes. You could also try migrating to a fresh project and then just making the minor adjustments if needed to the files moved over.
                if you poke around the BP's you should see how the world spawned deer you can tame has some basic AI logic for random move to locations. Though you'd probably want to setup a nice behavior tree. To do things like flee when someones near or when attacked and what not

Unfortunately I have no plans to make custom animations for that asset. Though I'm sure for an animator, which I am not but sometimes wish i was, it wouldn't be to hard.

Marketplace Items:

Comment

Great! Thanks for the reply, I've only been working with the engine for a couple months so I wanted to hear your thoughts about migrating. Not an animator either, hoping to find someone to help with that! Cheers.
                  Last edited by blimkat; 04-22-2016, 09:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

hey,

awesome work can you please tell me, how can i change the model of the character, i mean UE4 Manequin. i load my own model with animations, walking/runing is working fine, but i cant find where i can configure sitting on the mount. My character is standing on it. I have an animation for riding as well.

thank you

Comment

Hello! I absolutely love the system! I have managed to get it into my project, but i am having a silly issue, i am able to pick up the grass and tame the deer with it. But when i attempt to mount the deer, my player plays the animation but and acts as if hes attached to the deer but he stays where he was and thendeer continues to wander, when the deer moves my character will bounce up and down but hes not moving or ontop of the deer, i am running all this on a dedicated server so i assume it might be replication issue i ultimately was wondering if you might have any input,
                      Thank you for your time

Comment

Just wondered how you were going with the updates previously mentioned on the market place page and if that is still in development?

Comment

Originally posted by Smartay View Post
                          Just wondered how you were going with the updates previously mentioned on the market place page and if that is still in development?
                          I own this asset and I don't see any mention of updates in it's marketplace page by the creator. He already updated it to include an example showing how to use it for 3rd person instead of just a TopDown demo.
                          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                          Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                          Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                            I own this asset and I don't see any mention of updates in it's marketplace page by the creator. He already updated it to include an example showing how to use it for 3rd person instead of just a TopDown demo.
                            Apologies I meant the support thread listing as in the first post of this thread (The following)

Things that I would like to add to the package in the near future:

- a HORSE! w/ animations
                            - Foundation for a skill based taming system
                            - Replace Prototype "Mounted Pose" animation file with something better.
                            - More animals? (I would like to add a few different types of smaller tamable animals)

Comment

hi,

I will update the original post. Those we Items I would have liked to add but it would have driven up the price too high so I deceided against it. Their are other assets on the marketplace that include horses and riding animations already that would be better than what I could add.

Marketplace Items:

Comment

so what is wrong with this when i try to add to any project it says blueprints of this assets already exist overwrite or cancel in my project. it adds it to project and makes another project of its own in version 4.10 of UE when I'm in version 4.18.2 what is being overwritten? shouldn't it all be inside its own folder and not have to overwrite anything. its the only add to project asset that does this.

Comment

Working...
                                X