• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] Mount and Taming Blueprint

Created by: Robviously
    Marketplace link: [Mount and Taming BP]
    Support Email: thelonepioneer@mail.com
    #Slack: The Lone Pioneer

Mount and Taming blueprint is Now available on the marketplace.

Mount and Taming blueprints - THIRD PERSON Overview Video:

Third Person Update has been submitted to epic and Should be Live soon!

Mount and Taming blueprints - TOP DOWN Overview Video:

Things that I would like to add to the package in the near future:

- Add Third Person control set *ADDED*
    - When using the "all follow" and "all stay" command, I will be adding the command words over the players head as well. *ADDED*

Description:

This system includes Both a TOP DOWN and a THIRD PERSON Version of the Mount and Taming Blueprint system. IOn the Taming System, by default, taming is set to require an item to tame; this can easily be converted to a skill based system, or disabled if not required. Once tamed, Animals can be commanded to follow or stay, these commands can be issued individually using the Alt Use key when in Interaction range. Or to all tames from any distance using the ALL Commands. Other uses of this system include if you want to have pets that follow your player, Such as summoned pets and vanity pets.

We've also included a Summoned Mount blueprint for those that do not require a taming system. This BP can be used in a number of ways, one example would be to spawn behind the player and have it run over to the players location. In the demo it is kept at a very basic and we summon the mount next to the player and It can mounted with the primary use key and dismissed with the alternate use key.

The package also includes a usable actor interface system, floating text, HUD elements and it also has Rudolph,

I made this package just before Christmas and had added a "Rudolph mount" to it. I figure I'd keep him in it as a little bonus.

Controls:

E = Primary Use: Pick up item, Tame mount, Mount / Dismount (when in range of tamed mount) .
    F = Alternate use: Toggle between Follow and Stay (when in range of a single tamed mount), Dismiss Summoned Mount.
    S = Summon Mount
    H = Toggle HUD on/off
    U= All Stay (Tamed Animals)
    J = All follow (Tamed Animals)

How To:

how do I load it as THIRD PERSON?:

Spoiler

Change from Top Down to Third Person controls:

Spoiler

Change or add new Mounts:

Spoiler

Setup characters to require or not require an item to tame them:

Spoiler

Change taming from the "Item required" setup to a "required taming skill level" to tame them:

Spoiler

- Robviously
    Last edited by Robviously; 02-04-2017, 05:50 PM.
    Robviously - Lone Pioneer Studios

Marketplace Items:
    Mount and Taming Blueprint
    Status Effects and Combat Text Blueprint
    Laser Rangefinder Blueprint

Reserved for future use
    Last edited by Robviously; 02-05-2016, 01:01 AM.

Marketplace Items:

Comment

New Video added! - Release Version shown.

Marketplace Items:

Comment

I'm working on a major update and hope to have it live early next week. The update will improve a bulk section of the system and add to the project a third person demo map and controls. This will be in addition to the top down map and controls. I'm also reworking the blueprints to be more clear and efficient. I'm excited for this update and will be posting a new video once it's complete.

Marketplace Items:

Comment

System looks cool Horsieeeeeees! XD If I ever get onto that MMO idea I have... I know who will be supplying the mounts!
          Last edited by apoisonedgift; 02-12-2016, 01:39 PM.

Comment

https://youtu.be/qEZnLQIj5K8

Added THIRD PERSON mode, Updated Version should be available tomorrow afternoon.

Marketplace Items:

Comment

Originally posted by Robviously View Post
              https://youtu.be/qEZnLQIj5K8

Added THIRD PERSON mode, Updated Version should be available tomorrow afternoon.
              Awesome! Was looking forward to this

Comment

Originally posted by viperscape View Post
                Awesome! Was looking forward to this
                Awesome. Just waiting on epic to release the update. I will post in the tread when it's live.

*Edit* I've been told the update is in the system and may be available later today, if not it will be available Weds.
                Last edited by Robviously; 02-16-2016, 07:36 PM.

Marketplace Items:

Comment

I'm happy to see that you added a 3rd person mode. I initially disregarded this because it was top-down and our project is 3rd.

Do you have any plans for any extension of this over and above what you outlined at top?

Our project plan calls for a full-fledged seamless (all animations) mmorpg-style mount system, of which taming would be an integral part. Needless to say, we would rather buy and modify an out-of-the-box system.

Our wish list for additions to your system would be:

1. Mount/dismount animations
                  2. Some animation to show the actual physical and or magical act of taming. Multiple options would be nice. (Roping, trapping, driving into a corral, etc.)
                  3. All the standard mount functions with animations (gallop, walk, fight, graze, hobble, etc)

WIP Thread

Comment

3rd person update is now live

Marketplace Items:

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                      I'm happy to see that you added a 3rd person mode. I initially disregarded this because it was top-down and our project is 3rd.

Do you have any plans for any extension of this over and above what you outlined at top?

Our project plan calls for a full-fledged seamless (all animations) mmorpg-style mount system, of which taming would be an integral part. Needless to say, we would rather buy and modify an out-of-the-box system.

Our wish list for additions to your system would be:

1. Mount/dismount animations
                      2. Some animation to show the actual physical and or magical act of taming. Multiple options would be nice. (Roping, trapping, driving into a corral, etc.)
                      3. All the standard mount functions with animations (gallop, walk, fight, graze, hobble, etc)
                      Thanks for your post, i would love to make a full game ready mount system for the market place and add in all the animations and ai systems for what you have mentioned. Maybe its something i can work toward in the future. It would however be at a much higher price point. A rough guess would be around the $100 mark. In the mean time if you are looking for a base system to learn from i recommend picking this one up. If you mainly need the animations. Might be worth checking out that horse kit not sure the quality of the animations though
                      Last edited by Robviously; 02-18-2016, 03:01 PM.

Marketplace Items:

Comment

Originally posted by Robviously View Post
                        Thanks for your post, i would love to make a full game ready mount system for the market place and add in all the animations and ai systems for what you have mentioned. Maybe its something i can work toward in the future. It would however be at a much higher price point. A rough guess would be around the $100 mark. In the mean time if you are looking for a base system to learn from i recommend picking this one up. If you mainly need the animations. Might be worth checking out that horse kit not sure the quality of the animations though
                        $100 is safely within our budget. We've looked at the Horse Kit.

WIP Thread

Comment

Hi Robviously

What kind of software or plugin you've used to make the deers rigging. Is Mixamo, Ikinema...?, Maybe I can import the skeleton used in the deer into the Maya then to use it in my own drakonics creatures?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rudolph_The_Red_Nosed_Reindeer.png
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1101012

Regards
                          luny
                          Last edited by lunyBunny; 02-22-2016, 11:51 AM.
                          lunybunny.com
                          lunybunny.com

Comment

Originally posted by lunyBunny View Post
                            Hi Robviously

What kind of software or plugin you've used to make the deers rigging. Is Mixamo, Ikinema...?, Maybe I can import the skeleton used in the deer into the Maya then to use it in my own drakonics creatures?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79927[/ATTACH]

Regards
                            luny
                            I have had success importing the skeleton in Maya and rigging another animal to it. not sure what software you use but I'm sure anything that supports FBX will make this easy as you can just export the FBX from the editor.
                            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                            Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                            Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Can the animations be retargeted to a Fuse character? Did anyone tried this?
                              LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Working...
                              X