Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicat View Post

Here is a small guide:[spoiler]
    1. Open Blueprint -> Core -> PUPI blueprint, search for (Ctrl+F) "EnableInteraction", double click found function to open,
    2. Make this addition{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"OutlineOnly.jpg","data-attachmentid":1721115}
    3. Add tags Inspect and OutlineOnly to objects you would like to outline without any interaction.[spoiler]
    Hope this helps and you are welcome.
    Hi Nicat,

I tried this code too but the inspect animation still occur! There are others adjusts needed?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NRA_Brazil View Post

Hi Nicat,

I tried this code too but the inspect animation still occur! There are others adjusts needed?

Thanks
      Hi, please make sure you've added both Inspect and OutlineOnly tags to the object as separate tags.
      HeadsAndBrains
      MARKETPLACE | YouTube

Comment

Hi, please make sure you've added both Inspect and OutlineOnly tags to the object as separate tags.
        I did it, and do not resolved.

But I forget to mention that I did changed PROPERTIES>MAIN>TRACER to MOUSE POINTER in BP_PUPI_Component settings, could this be the trouble?

NO, I tested here an with PROPERTIES>MAIN>TRACER to CAMERA is having the same behavior, it selects the Static Mesh I choose and when I click the mouse again it Inspect it.
        Last edited by NRA_Brazil; 03-13-2020, 06:36 PM.

Comment

I did it, and do not resolved.

But I forget to mention that I did changed PROPERTIES>MAIN>TRACER to MOUSE POINTER in BP_PUPI_Component settings, could this be the trouble?

NO, I tested here an with PROPERTIES>MAIN>TRACER to CAMERA is having the same behavior, it selects the Static Mesh I choose and when I click the mouse again it Inspect it.
          Hi, I'm sorry. I've made a mistake in the screenshot. Here is a fixed one, also found an edge case where it wouldn't work so it is also added in this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	OutlineOnlyFIXED.png
Views:	74
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	1732686
          HeadsAndBrains
          MARKETPLACE | YouTube

Comment

Hi, I'm sorry. I've made a mistake in the screenshot. Here is a fixed one, also found an edge case where it wouldn't work so it is also added in this:

Name:	OutlineOnlyFIXED.png
Views:	74
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	1732686
            Thanks Nicat it is working now!

But if is not too much! Is ther a new way to get the selected/cliked object, like with the Target Component/Get Owner in OnStartInteraction event.

Comment

But if is not too much! Is ther a new way to get the selected/cliked object, like with the Target Component/Get Owner in OnStartInteraction event.
              Glad it worked!

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly but you can access "On Start Interaction" as shown in this post.
              HeadsAndBrains
              MARKETPLACE | YouTube

Comment

In fact, my goal is :
                - select elements in scene
                - change its location and rotation, with sliders in an UI
                - save locations and rotations, original and changed, of the selected element
                - drop it back to initial position and rotation
                - select another one...

Like the inspecting action your code does, but with the transform settings choosed runtime by users.

Do you could indicate a way to change your code for that.

Comment

Now I am retriving the selected element original coordinates with sucess like you can see below but I know that I can change your code to behave like I told in previous message.

Name:	Screenshot-119.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	347.7 KB
ID:	1732860

Comment

Hey Nicat,
                    Excuse my ignorance!
                    All of actions I want it are clear exposed in your code! In fact, I did not read your instruction, in first page of forum, with attention because I was obsessed with some other part. Well I think than I need now is discover how to change for the "inspect actions" to ocurring in selected element place and no in front of camera like right now.

Comment

In fact, my goal is :
                      - select elements in scene
                      - change its location and rotation, with sliders in an UI
                      - save locations and rotations, original and changed, of the selected element
                      - drop it back to initial position and rotation
                      - select another one...

Like the inspecting action your code does, but with the transform settings choosed runtime by users.

Do you could indicate a way to change your code for that.
                      If you want to add an external control to manipulate object, you might want to modify "Calculate Desired World Location" function and "Calculate Desired World Rotation". For example, you can add a vector to Add node in Calculate Desired World Location to add local or world location like this:

Name:	AddExternalLocation.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1732882

and similarly add a CombineRotators node to Calculate Desired World Rotation function to add local or world rotation:

Name:	AddExternalRotation.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1732883

now all you'll need to do is create variables for the location and rotation in PUPI and set them from your widget. To access variables of PUPI you'll need to get BP_PUPI_Component from the actor you added it to as part of the setup and drag from its out pin -> Get BP_PUPI_Actor.

I hope this helps you get on the right track.
                      HeadsAndBrains
                      MARKETPLACE | YouTube

Comment

Yeah,
                        I catched yours tips and could elaborate the control I want.
                        But I still has to disable the "automatic rotation and position", in front of the camera, which are enabled when the inspectable object is clicked. Could you, please, show me the way?

Comment

Yeah,
                          I catched yours tips and could elaborate the control I want.
                          But I still has to disable the "automatic rotation and position", in front of the camera, which are enabled when the inspectable object is clicked. Could you, please, show me the way?
                          From what I understand, you want to control the object using sliders only, and don't need any existing functionality of PUPI except for outline. I tried to achieve what you asked but simply adding one more transform variable (to save modified transform) and loading it, requires completely changing PUPI's core. And that is why I recommend making it from scratch instead of trying to modify PUPI which is made with completely different functionality in mind. I believe it will be much easier to do so.

Edit: btw, thanks for the review. And if you feel like it no longer represents reality, feel free to remove or change it. Wish I could be more helpful.
                          Last edited by Nicat; 03-16-2020, 12:31 PM.
                          HeadsAndBrains
                          MARKETPLACE | YouTube

Comment

In no way my friend, your work and help are of great value to me! Mainly to learn to code in "bluescript". So thanks again and success.

Comment

Last mention of replication of this system to work on multiplayer was 2017, there any github group project that got that working or an update to maybe looking at replicating this system? Does work great for singleplayer stuff though.

Comment

Working...
                              X