No announcement yet.

Pick Up Plus Inspect - PUPI (PUPO v2.0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it. It would not do the new version if launched from vault. Had to launch from marketplace PUPI page. odd

Comment

Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post
      Got it. It would not do the new version if launched from vault. Had to launch from marketplace PUPI page. odd
      First time hearing something like that, well Epic Games Launcher works in mysterious ways .

If it happens again please let me know, I'll let the marketplace support team know. Glad it got fixed.
      HeadsAndBrains
      MARKETPLACE | YouTube

Comment

Anyone any idea how to get rid of the line trace? I can't find it anywhere in any of the components. There's a post a couple pages leading back to the front page Guide for removing it, but there doesn't seem to be any thing on the opening post now about removing the line trace. Any ideas much appreciated! Awesome tool otherwise!

Edit - I found it by unhooking the 'Draw Debug Trace' variable inside the 'Trace Result' Function, in the 'PUPI' blueprint found in the 'PUPI/Blueprint/Core' folder
        Thanks Nicat for a dope asset

Another EDIT - Always read the instructions :P It's right there under Main category. Debug Draw Trace, set to None.
        Last edited by WimpoD; 01-27-2020, 06:22 AM.

Comment

C++ version ?

Comment

Originally posted by NovaTedd View Post
            C++ version ?
            Hi, there is no C++ version but it will work with C++ project since you can add BP to C++ project.
            HeadsAndBrains
            MARKETPLACE | YouTube

Comment

Hello, I created a blank VR based project and imported PUPI into the project (version 4.24.2).
              I have ran into two issues related to VR.
              • With the PUPI component, if I select Motion Controller Hand as either left or right
                with everything being set to either camera or PUPI it does not pick anything up.
                only when I have "none" selected and use the mouse left click it works.
              • The VRHeasetMotionControllers blueprint does not work - It has the same issue.
              • Update: It appears to work in 4.23.1 and 4.24.1, so must be this specific patch.
              I am trying the plugin out on a time-sensitive personal project, I hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you.
              Last edited by kcypher; 01-29-2020, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kcypher View Post
                Hello, I created a blank VR based project and imported PUPI into the project (version 4.24.2).
                I have ran into two issues related to VR.
                • With the PUPI component, if I select Motion Controller Hand as either left or right
                  with everything being set to either camera or PUPI it does not pick anything up.
                  only when I have "none" selected and use the mouse left click it works.
                • The VRHeasetMotionControllers blueprint does not work - It has the same issue.
                • Update: It appears to work in 4.23.1 and 4.24.1, so must be this specific patch.
                I am trying the plugin out on a time-sensitive personal project, I hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you.
                Hi, please check Project Settings -> Input -> Action Mappings to see if the [PUPI_MC_L]Pick Up and [PUPI_MC_R]Pick Up mappings are set to left and right Trigger keys of your controllers. If they are not, set their keys and see if it works. I'll be able to check it in detail after updating it to 4.24.2, so this is just a quick suggestion. Sorry for the issue.

Edit after updating and checking: it worked without any issues with VRHeasetMotionControllers in a new project. Which VR device are you using?
                Last edited by Nicat; 01-30-2020, 04:40 AM.
                HeadsAndBrains
                MARKETPLACE | YouTube

Comment

What is the best way to access the held object and get when you drop/release the held object?

It's working great I just need to tap into those two elements to work with my current project.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolento View Post
                    What is the best way to access the held object and get when you drop/release the held object?

It's working great I just need to tap into those two elements to work with my current project.
                    Glad you like it. You can access those events by using Events in Details Panel when selecting PUPI Component in your character. Target Component is the grabbed component. To get the Actor use Get Owner node:

Click image for larger version

Name:	PUPIComponentEvents.png
Views:	79
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1715414
                    HeadsAndBrains
                    MARKETPLACE | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Nicat View Post

Glad you like it. You can access those events by using Events in Details Panel when selecting PUPI Component in your character. Target Component is the grabbed component. To get the Actor use Get Owner node:

Click image for larger version

Name:	PUPIComponentEvents.png
Views:	79
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1715414
                      Awesome! Thanks! it's already up and working now ^_^

Comment

One other question: what is the best way to implement using the mouse wheel to rotate the held object? I've tried rotating using SetActorRotation but the object is rotatating around the held point in a weird way that throws the physics off. How do I constrain or access the holding point from the PUPI component?

Comment

Originally posted by Rolento View Post
                          One other question: what is the best way to implement using the mouse wheel to rotate the held object? I've tried rotating using SetActorRotation but the object is rotatating around the held point in a weird way that throws the physics off. How do I constrain or access the holding point from the PUPI component?
                          You can change rotation keys from Project Settings -> Input -> Axis Mappings -> [PUPI]RotatePitch and [PUPI]RotateYaw. Static Meshes always get grabbed from Origin of Bounds, which you can get by using Get Component Bounds node's Origin pin.
                          HeadsAndBrains
                          MARKETPLACE | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Nicat View Post

You can change rotation keys from Project Settings -> Input -> Axis Mappings -> [PUPI]RotatePitch and [PUPI]RotateYaw. Static Meshes always get grabbed from Origin of Bounds, which you can get by using Get Component Bounds node's Origin pin.
                            Got it to work now Once again thank you! the more i've learned how this is put together the more I appreciate how easy you made this for configuring and getting working for any project <3

Comment

Thanks for this. I'm trying to adapt this to my project as simply as possible without spending too much time sifting through and figuring out your code. Is there a way to get an object to outline without it being a movable or inspectable item? Perhaps a single tag I can add to include the item or component to register when looked at?

Thanks again!
                              RTS Tutorial Series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ndrLDG__OAZs7Q

Comment

Originally posted by jtsmith View Post
                                Thanks for this. I'm trying to adapt this to my project as simply as possible without spending too much time sifting through and figuring out your code. Is there a way to get an object to outline without it being a movable or inspectable item? Perhaps a single tag I can add to include the item or component to register when looked at?

Thanks again!
                                Here is a small guide:[spoiler]
                                1. Open Blueprint -> Core -> PUPI blueprint, search for (Ctrl+F) "EnableInteraction", double click found function to open,
                                2. Make this additionClick image for larger version

Name:	OutlineOnly.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1721115
                                3. Add tags Inspect and OutlineOnly to objects you would like to outline without any interaction.[spoiler]
                                Hope this helps and you are welcome.
                                HeadsAndBrains
                                MARKETPLACE | YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X