Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [RELEASED] Multiplayer Survival Game Template

Multiplayer Survival Game Template

Buy the Multiplayer Survival Game Template now on the UE4 Marketplace HERE!
    Buy the Multiplayer Survival Game Template now on Gumroad HERE!
    Buy the Multiplayer Survival Game Template now on itch.io HERE!

DETAILS

PRICE: $39.99

This 100% blueprint powered template has everything you need to get your survival game up and running

Packed to the brim with all the standard survival game mechanics, as well as some of the more exotic ones, the template is easy to configure, easy to extend and easy to learn. Mechanics are all modular so you can drop anything you don't need to save time and processing power.

Built with almost a year of feedback on the singleplayer origins, this template is now 100% multiplayer ready and optimized for network play.

Including systems to manage hunger, thirst, time of day, temperature (both body and world), health, oxygen, blood, stamina, power, poison and more, you will be able to give your players the survival challenge of a life time! Includes a full extensive graphical inventory with support for randomised loot spawning, chests, item cooldowns and more.

Full documentation is being written up on a wiki-based website, and an extensive future roadmap of features is planned for updates. All blueprint logic is extensively commented and easily laid out for learning and understanding.

There's never been a better time to jump on board and buy the original Survival Game Template!

For more details and a full feature list, please visit http://survivalgame.site

Features:
    • 100% blueprint Graphical HUD driven by player stats
    • Graphical drag and drop inventory complete with item cooldown timers
    • Dynamic hotbar
    • Chest and loot system, including RNG drops on enemy death
    • Dynamic time of day, including support for third party day/night packages
    • Player health system
    • Player hunger and thirst systems
    • Oxygen management suited both to majority AND minority vaccuum/underwater environments
    • Blood management including bleeding on player taking damage
    • Stamina/energy management system
    • Flashlight/torch with optional recharging battery management
    • Volume-based poison system
    • Multi-faceted temperature system, taking into account time of day, player body temperature and more
    • First and third person camera modes, including both behind player and over-the-shoulder view
    • Crafting, salvaging and harvesting
    • Customisable weapon/ammo system
    • Main menu and session browser example framework
    • Advanced movement mechanics such as crouch, prone, sprint, etc.
    • Visual feedback system for player stat levels
    • And much, much more!

Please note that whilst it is possible to add this to an existing project with a little work, it is intended to be a template as a basis for starting a new project.
    For more info visit http://survivalgame.site (being updated as time allows).

All artwork included are intended for demonstration purposes only.

EXTENDED FEATURE LIST

Please see this page on the Multiplayer Survival Game Template Hub

UPDATES

Please see this list of updates for all updates to date, including instructions on how to apply important bug fixes yourself where possible (in case you have already extended the template)

SCREENSHOTS
    Click on the thumbnails for the full screenshot (opens in new tab).

TRAILER

OTHER VIDEOS

Inventory/Crafting System Overview
    Adding New Weapons to the MSGT

Integration Tutorial - MSGT + Ballistics FX
    Integration Tutorial - MSGT + BOOM! Explosions Toolkit
    Integration Tutorial - MSGT + EasyBallistics Plugin
    Integration Tutorial - MSGT + Enforcer Rig [CUSTOM CHARACTER MESH]
    Integration Tutorial - MSGT + Footprints System
    Integration Tutorial - MSGT + Generated Gore Dismemberment Kit
    Integration Tutorial - MSGT + Newtonian Advanced Momentum and Falling Damage
    Integration Tutorial - MSGT + Orbit Weather and Seasons
    Integration Tutorial - MSGT + TrueSky Plugin
    Integration Tutorial - MSGT + Ultra Dynamic Sky

LINKS

Marketplace Page
    Gumroad Page
    itch.io Page
    Dapper Raptor Discord Server
    Dapper Raptor Twitter
    My YouTube Channel
    Multiplayer Survival Game Template Hub
    Dapper Raptor Website
    Attached Files
    Last edited by apoisonedgift; 09-03-2017, 01:41 PM.

• replied
    Originally posted by Brandon121796 View Post
    Can you do a tutorial on how to intergrate AI behavior tool kit?
    Not only integration to MSGT, also would like to know how to add MSGT components like bleeding or stamina or oxygen to each AI added spawned to the map. +1
    Last edited by gon.; 12-13-2018, 10:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can you do a tutorial on how to intergrate AI behavior tool kit?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi. I posted a "bug report" on the Marketplace page (Spawner *always* spawn "Shells" in 4.19/4.20). I assume you won't get an email for that, but maybe you'll get an email for this forum post(?).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fallingsheep I can confirm that weird error trying to compile SurvivalController.
    I just took that part away and worked, now that I see your fix, maybe Ill rejoin it to the rest of the code.
    Thnx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so i encountered a weird error when i tried to compile SurvivalController-> input mappings it would compile but always stay dirty.

i fixed this with the below workaround in case others hit the same issue

what i did was break the link to delay and create a custom event and link the "fix" it now compiles fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1487210
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hello, gon.
    i think this is because you use the steam test server which starts your game as "spacewar" ? this server have a bad performance what ive found out so far.
    and i want to achiev the same as you, maybe you can share how youve implemented steam to the template instead of using only lan?

best regards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Have someone experienced somekind of laggy character movements replication after adding Advanced Sessions plugin?

Im developing a game based on MSGT product and decided to integrate Adv. Sessions to join the server across Steam. Works fine but I can feel a slightly lag when clients sprint. Someone told me more people experienced the same and fixed or solved that problem. I would need some help with this.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys... Apologies - since the forum upgrade I simply cannot get forum notifications to work. As a result I barely ever check the forums, as they are really REALLY not well suited to actual use IMO. I do operate multiple channels of support though, and you can reach me via support@dapperraptor.xyz, http://support.dapperraptor.xyz and through the discord channel I operate here: https://discord.gg/Fx2B6Q9

I will continue to check back here from time to time, but I am about to post a message on all of my support threads here urging people away from these forums as they simply are not a good place to offer support in their current form.

Originally posted by jakehowe2004 View Post
    Any news on any updates?
    Updates are still coming - but I currently have nothing to announce. My time has been tied up in a number of projects and I simply haven't had the chance to make new content for the template. The best place to keep up with it all is the discord channel linked above

Regarding save systems - I do have a integration tutorial for Rama's Save System in the works, but again, professional and personal commitments are currently pulling priority. However, from what I have seen, that is the save system I would recommend, as there are a number of MSGT customers who have successfully got it up and running - they have mentioned its a bit of work though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    CryDead
    TYVM! awesome deal didnt know about this before. thank you once again!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I heard their is a bug in UE4's save game. So maybe before using it lookup that info.
    Really? I never knew that before need to check out fast and Thanks for info.
    Sorry If i'm not mention this before, if you don't know, you could join in his discord sever. the MSGT dev's and bunch of ue4 dev who bought this pack are in there! Here the link https://discordapp.com/invite/Fx2B6Q9
    Last edited by CryDead; 12-28-2017, 01:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I heard their is a bug in UE4's save game. So maybe before using it lookup that info.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't know whats going on, I haven't received a replay or anything on updates or information.
    Hope this Assets isn't dead.
    I guess the forum didn't notifying replies to him as he suggest need to wait a while

PS.More question, My game aim to focus on Singleplayer first so can i just use UE4's save game function like normal could it work?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't know whats going on, I haven't received a reply or anything on updates or information.
    Hope this Assets isn't dead.
    Last edited by DarkRisenGaming; 12-26-2017, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is people talking about save system on MSGT Marketplace it quited clear that save system is very needed, However i understand the difficult of doing it multiplayer. As you said UE4's save game might not work well, any recommand additional save system from other dev's that works on MSGT could you tell me please?
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X