No announcement yet.

Multiplayer Survival Game Template

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys... Apologies - since the forum upgrade I simply cannot get forum notifications to work. As a result I barely ever check the forums, as they are really REALLY not well suited to actual use IMO. I do operate multiple channels of support though, and you can reach me via support@dapperraptor.xyz, http://support.dapperraptor.xyz and through the discord channel I operate here: https://discord.gg/Fx2B6Q9

I will continue to check back here from time to time, but I am about to post a message on all of my support threads here urging people away from these forums as they simply are not a good place to offer support in their current form.

Originally posted by jakehowe2004 View Post
    Any news on any updates?
    Updates are still coming - but I currently have nothing to announce. My time has been tied up in a number of projects and I simply haven't had the chance to make new content for the template. The best place to keep up with it all is the discord channel linked above

Regarding save systems - I do have a integration tutorial for Rama's Save System in the works, but again, professional and personal commitments are currently pulling priority. However, from what I have seen, that is the save system I would recommend, as there are a number of MSGT customers who have successfully got it up and running - they have mentioned its a bit of work though.

Comment

Have someone experienced somekind of laggy character movements replication after adding Advanced Sessions plugin?

Im developing a game based on MSGT product and decided to integrate Adv. Sessions to join the server across Steam. Works fine but I can feel a slightly lag when clients sprint. Someone told me more people experienced the same and fixed or solved that problem. I would need some help with this.
      Thanks.

Comment

hello, gon.
        i think this is because you use the steam test server which starts your game as "spacewar" ? this server have a bad performance what ive found out so far.
        and i want to achiev the same as you, maybe you can share how youve implemented steam to the template instead of using only lan?

best regards

Comment

so i encountered a weird error when i tried to compile SurvivalController-> input mappings it would compile but always stay dirty.

i fixed this with the below workaround in case others hit the same issue

what i did was break the link to delay and create a custom event and link the "fix" it now compiles fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1487210
          Attached Files
          MY MODS:
          Ark Survival Extended

Comment

Fallingsheep I can confirm that weird error trying to compile SurvivalController.
            I just took that part away and worked, now that I see your fix, maybe Ill rejoin it to the rest of the code.
            Thnx

Comment

Working...
            X