1914-1945 Environment Art Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[WIP] 1914-1945 Environment Art Collection

Based on feedback from my last UE4 Marketplace product, I've decided my next offering will be to put together something more direct and utilitarian: a collection of assets for building "vintage" worlds. This will include everything from decorative wall paneling to stationary gun emplacements. The target audience will be anyone of any skill level building any manner of project, from game devs setting an FPS during WW1/WW2, to archvis studios wanting to add a vintage feel to their decor.

I'd like to know what assets you would find useful to purchase in particular? More furniture? More building elements? More weapons/vehicles?

Note: all models will be textured using my Procedural Material Toolkit, with the associated strengths and weaknesses this gives. I'll be sure to expand on this on the final product, but the main point of interest here is none of these models will have UVs, as they simply won't need them.

Some screenshots, in engine:

Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00021.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	1170052

Name:	HighresScreenshot00066.jpg
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	1170058

Name:	HighresScreenshot00023.jpg
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	1170053

Name:	HighresScreenshot00025.jpg
Size:	246.0 KB
ID:	1170054

Name:	HighresScreenshot00033.jpg
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1170055

Name:	HighresScreenshot00042.jpg
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	1170056

Name:	HighresScreenshot00028.jpg
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	1170059

Name:	HighresScreenshot00065.jpg
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	1170057

(Note: the shelving to the back of the room in the fifth screenshot are placeholders from the marketplace, not my own work.)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Orihaus; 01-12-2016, 05:58 AM.

That looks gorgeous Nice work
    Linkedin | ArtStation | -SCIFI 'PROPS' PACK- | -SCIFI 'POPULATE' PACK- | Shooter Game Tutorial | StarDrop

Comment

Thanks, macoll!

Here are some out-of-engine screenshots of individual props. Taking requests as to what to do next!

Name:	Portable_Grammophone_v0.5 v2.png
Size:	308.8 KB
ID:	1098727

Name:	Prop_Showcase_01a.163.png
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	1098730

Name:	Prop_Showcase_02a.174.png
Size:	535.3 KB
ID:	1098732

Name:	Prop_Showcase_02a.171.png
Size:	781.8 KB
ID:	1098731

Comment

This looks fantastic! More building elements and furniture would be useful.

Comment

Merged with: http://polycount.com/discussion/1507...terial-toolkit. Completed, should be up on the store in a couple of weeks, and will be included free in the Toolkit as an example environment.

Comment

[MENTION=53817]Orihaus[/MENTION], Your "art" looks really good but sorry I have no idea what "procedural surface toolkit" is about. Same with your previous package "procedural material toolkit". Even when I read the documentation and watch the demonstration video I don't understand what exactly you are offering. By reading the comments I think I'm not the only one whose confused. Can you please clarify?
            Artstation
            Join the support channel
            Gumroad Store

Comment

[MENTION=13257]Maximum-Dev[/MENTION] I've attempted to clarify this with a new description:

Materials, textures, substances—all elements working towards a final goal: convincing and richly detailed surfaces for your environment. The Procedural Surface Toolkit is a replacement for the traditional paradigm of authoring surfaces outside Unreal Engine, simply provide the geometry and let this toolkit handle the rest. Let the toolkit paint your world for you; dirt, snow, rust, moss and decay all placed in real-time, reacting to the environment around them.
              Included are three fully realized environments for study or use: a scorching African Desert, a decaying World War 2-era factory and a frozen polar island. These should also give you an idea of the breadth of content you can create with the Toolkit, and the different approaches used to solve each distinct surface.

Failing that, send more specific questions and I'll try what I can to answer.

Comment

[MENTION=53817]Orihaus[/MENTION], So what I get from the context is that we import any meshes (untextured) and this tool paints them (textures them) for us with dirt, snow, rust, moss and decay? how would that work if I imported a leather jacket is made of leather? can you possible create a video showing the whole process?

OR

You are specifically emphasizing on "weathering" so the assets actually need to be textured before importing as well and then it paints the weathering effects on the top? so the leather jacket would become snowy, dirty... over time?

OR

It's only the landscape surfaces you are talking about and when things interact with landscape surface they get these weathering effects applied to them?

Again, a 0 to 100 video would be really helpful.
                Artstation
                Join the support channel
                Gumroad Store

Comment

The weathering is calculated similar to how DDO or Substance does it, only in realtime inside UE4 and thus at a much higher resolution. Naturally you need to specify the material type but that's about it, you don't need to do any processing outside of UE4, just have Lightmass do the work for you.

Comment

Lightmass? How is lightmass involved? Are you using the AO generated from lightmass? if so, then this doesn't work with dynamic lighting?
                    Artstation
                    Join the support channel
                    Gumroad Store

Comment

It works fine with dynamic lighting, but for non-static props you'll need to bake an AO map in another tool. I'd recommend Maya LT for this.

Comment

This is now a thing you can now go purchase, here: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/procedural-surface-toolkit
                        Let me know how it goes!
                        Last edited by Orihaus; 07-06-2016, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X