Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [SUBMITTED] Hands for VR: Basic

Hands for VR: Basic

"Hands for VR: Basic" aims to bring hand models to Virtual Reality developers. 12 Meshes cover all your needs: low, med and high poly female and male hands, each left and right, fully rigged.
    Materials are included to allow easy adjusting of skin and nail color to your needs. The high detail material uses subsurface scattering. Material instances for african and caucasian included.

"Hands for VR: Basic" is available on the Marketplace!.

Tutorial Use Hands for VR: Basic with the new UE4 4.13 Virtual Reality Template:

Overview video:

Nail and skin color adjustment video:

Razer Hydra usage example video:
    Watch here: https://youtu.be/piz-Y7V1Bv8

Razer Hydra setup - Tutorial & Instructions:
    Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRo0SeUPzK4

Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	307.2 KB
ID:	1170038

*** Technical Details ***

34 Assets:
    (4) Lowpoly Hand Meshes: Left/Right for Female/Male (Male/Female 1140 Tris)
    (4) Medpoly Hand Meshes: Left/Right for Female/Male (Male 1998 Tris, Female 2228 Tris)
    (4) Highpoly Hand Meshes: Left/Rightfor Female/Male (Male 8034 Tris, Female 8938 Tris)
    (2) Female Skeletal Rig: Left/Right Hand
    (2) Male Skeletal Rig: Left/Right Hand
    (2) Female/Male Hand Texture @ 512x512
    (2) Female/Male Hand Texture @ 1024x1024
    (2) Female/Male Hand Texture @ 2048x2048
    (4) Example Animation Blueprint (Grab)
    (1) Base Skin Material Simple (Low/Med)
    (1) Base Skin Material with Subsurface Scattering (High)
    (4) Skin Material Instances for Skin and Nail colors (African/Caucasian, Low/Med)
    (2) Skin Material Instance with Subsurface Scattering for Skin and Nail colors (African/Caucasian, High)

support email: marketplace@cykyria.de

Example usage in "Magic Tavern" (Free Download)
    Last edited by Ben_Cykyria; 10-14-2016, 06:03 AM. Reason: removed gumroad link, added marketplace link

• replied
    Originally posted by Ben_Cykyria View Post
    Hi elmauro81,
    we're working to get new pack onto the marketplace, then we will update the tutorials.

Until then, just convert the F Grab Factor to a boolean and work with that. If you need further help, just post here or send me a mail

Best,
    Ben
    Hi, thanks for your answer, but how can i use it with animation to blend from one position to another? what i did for now is to manually assign the F Grab Factor to 0 open, 0.5 half closed and 1 closed, i assign this replacing the Grab State in the code of the original template, and that kind of work because i can set the states of the hands, but it just jump from one state to the other, no smooth blend in the animations.

i really appreciate your help with this. thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi elmauro81,
    we're working to get new pack onto the marketplace, then we will update the tutorials.

Until then, just convert the F Grab Factor to a boolean and work with that. If you need further help, just post here or send me a mail

Best,
    Ben

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, i am trying to use the hands with the VR Template but there are some things different from the video tutorial, could you please update the tutorial for how to use the updated version of the hands? in the video tutorial use Grip State for the animation, but in the version i download for 4.18 use F Grab Factor and i cant make it work. Thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VRCenter View Post
    Hey guys
    How can I Access the rigged models in order to do custom animations and posing?
    I want to animate all kinds of vive Controller usages, not just the Trigger-pressing.
    Thanks
    Right click -> Asset Actions -> Export FBX

If you need further assistance, please let me know!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys
    How can I Access the rigged models in order to do custom animations and posing?
    I want to animate all kinds of vive Controller usages, not just the Trigger-pressing.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How can I use these hands instead of weapon in FirstPerson template?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Benedikt,
    Thank you for this package! Do you know if you rigged hands could be driven by a Perception Neuron data glove?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yes you can

Leave a comment:

• replied
    can i use this
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4m...VTa0xpWFE/view

for this?
    https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...s-for-vr-basic

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VIIPab View Post
    [MENTION=398153]BTENGELH[/MENTION] Hi, can you add a closed hand Animation please ??? I can't do nothing great, when i close hand there is lot of probleme with mesh. I thing another finger bones can esolve it. It's very very frustatring. So please, can you tell me how make a closed hand with your asset ????
    Hello VIIPab, I'm very very sorry for the late answer! The notification for your post got lost in my spam folder. I'll investigate the issue and try to come up with a solution.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    there is my problem :Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00001.png
Views:	1
Size:	900.2 KB
ID:	1122867

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=398153]BTENGELH[/MENTION] Hi, can you add a closed hand Animation please ??? I can't do nothing great, when i close hand there is lot of probleme with mesh. I thing another finger bones can esolve it. It's very very frustatring. So please, can you tell me how make a closed hand with your asset ????

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey ! Thanks for this creation. I just buy it ! Please, can you add two very important think ! 1 ) One animation with exacly the same position of UE4 Mannequin Hands and 2 ) One animation with exacly the same position of a basic TPose ? I think it's very important for quick resyncronisation of animations. Can you tell me what's the best think to do for resize hands ? Change size on BP or Reimport mesh ?

Cordially.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very nice, ill be picking them up for sure :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X