• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] Landscape Auto Material

Landscape Auto Material (LAM)

MARKETPLACE

Web site

Landscape Auto Material is a flexible autopainting material for Unreal Engine 4 Landscape component. When you are drawing the topology of your landscape, proper material layers are drawn automatically.
    You can paint these and additional landscape layers by hand, or apply masks from World Machine (or any other terrain generator). You don't need to edit complex shader systems; just link the textures and start making your awesome levels!
    The package includes production-quality assets: realistic grass, translucent water with distortion and caustics, 7 tree types, 6 types of bushes, 5 types of flowers, 3 different stones and a blowball effect. A sample scene to get started is also included in the bundle.

FEATURES
    • Angle-blend between layers
      Automatic blending between layers using angle restriction
    • Sample Forest setting
      Realistic grass, translucent water with distortion and caustics, 7 tree types (vertex-wind similar to Speed Treeā„¢), 6 types of bushes, 5 types of flowers, 3 different stones and a blowball effect. A sample scene to get started is also included in the bundle
    • Weighted-painting
      Handle painting of different layers using a weight system
    • Heightmap-blend
      Automatic blending between any layers using a heightmap
    • Triplanar box-mapping
      Prevents texture stretching at vertical sides
    • Automatic Grass
      Automatic grass generation on different layers
    • Coloring
      Separate layers to tint the landscape for darker or brighter color localy
    • Realistic water
      Translucency, distortion, reflection, caustics, smart noize randomization, smart roughness randomization, depth color tinting, smooth edge blending
    • Realistic grass
      Side-edge fading, color-variations from by foliage sizes, smart distribution, vertex-wind
    • Tessellation and displacement
    • Splatmasks for auto-generated grass
      Nature-like generation by rules of composition
    • Macro-variations
      Blending to macro-variation on long distances
    • Color variations
      Nature-like randomization for grass and landscape tiles
    • Height-slope variation for landscape
      Different materials for top and bottom slope tiles

Update [16.01.2016] : Take a look at VEA Games ROADMAP: upcoming LAM updates, features, bug-fixes and more!

info@veagames.com
    Last edited by SDVenom; 01-15-2016, 07:31 PM.
    Best regards
    Dmitry Smirnov
    VEA Games

Congrats on the release! I saw the video on YouTube a few months ago, and it looked absolutely fantastic. The price is a little high for me, as of the moment, considering I don't have an active use for it. Though, I'm certain I'll pick this up in the near future!

Comment

Daniel, thank you!
      Best regards
      Dmitry Smirnov
      VEA Games

Comment

This is really awesome, love the video!
        Need crosshairs for your game? Check out my "100+ Crosshair Pack" on the marketplace!
        Interested in watching game development live? Check out my live stream over at Twitch.

Comment

I have it. Really high quality and well put together. I can't rate it because I bought it directly from them before the marketplace release. 5/5 definitely.
          Spline-Enabled Fence Pack - "Great pack, huge time-saver, top quality and enough variety to really make the assets unique." -Dark Acre Jack
          Destructible Road Signs - "Seriously awesome. Single blueprint for pretty much all the road signs you'll ever need." -thankstipscom
          Zipline/Teleporter/JumpPad - "This is a very flexible system for any project, and really simple to implement." -lunyBunny
          Wooden Storage Pack - "Very good high quality assets and well worth it." -Deathweave
          Digital Portfolio

Comment

This looks very good. I wonder how are the framerates like on mid-range computers for example?

Comment

Looks really nice, but quite a bit above the price point that I'd pay for to be honest.

Comment

I want it, but my bank account says no.
                Regards,
                Kia.

Comment

Awesome tool

But one question:
                  I bought it a few days ago from your site and my packs are only 330mb/360mb big?
                  Are those packets not the same?

Hello! The size is 1.26GB.
                  Dmitry Smirnov

Developer

January 7, 2016 at 11:18 am

Comment

I got this from your site a few days ago as well and I have to say, this is pretty remarkable. Great work!
                    Trent Polack (@mittense)
                    Personal Site | Development Blog | Joy Machine

Comment

I would buy this in a second if the included assets were PBR, nice work!
                      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by Gerrod View Post
                        Awesome tool

But one question:
                        I bought it a few days ago from your site and my packs are only 330mb/360mb big?
                        Are those packets not the same?
                        Excuse me, this is the modified version with test maps and materials that has been cut. The proper size of pure archive is ~ 360 MB.
                        Best regards
                        Dmitry Smirnov
                        VEA Games

Comment

Your website link (in this thread) does not work. But I agree with the others, this would save so much time, and I'll try to pick it up at some point. I do presume that you can use minimalistic meshes to get a higher FPS? I kinda need ~ 200fps on a single monitor (90 fps in VR)
                          WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                          World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                          WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Some really great stuff, gg
                            Linkedin | ArtStation | -SCIFI 'PROPS' PACK- | -SCIFI 'POPULATE' PACK- | Shooter Game Tutorial | StarDrop

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
                              Your website link (in this thread) does not work. But I agree with the others, this would save so much time, and I'll try to pick it up at some point. I do presume that you can use minimalistic meshes to get a higher FPS? I kinda need ~ 200fps on a single monitor (90 fps in VR)
                              Thank you for link notice, I've corrected it!

We plan to release soon a demo build of LAM and you can check the FPS using your hardware.
                              I think it's good Idea to make the second "full optimized" build of LAM.
                              Best regards
                              Dmitry Smirnov
                              VEA Games

Comment

Working...
                              X