Multiplayer TopDown Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cryptaline View Post
    [MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION] can you please explain why FPS drops drastically when you respawn after death close to ur corpse/corpses. More corpses - more FPS drops. Actually 5-10 corpses can kill to 0 all ur FPS, eh. I don't think that additional 5-10 models(even w/ 40k of polys) can do that damage to performance. In fact, if you add 10 or even 20 additional zombies in to the level, it will decrease FPS a lil, but not to 0, maybe 5-10 FPS less only.
    Sounds like it would be the dynamic shadows. If you have shadows set to "Epic" in your project it can be quite performance draining depending on your hardware.

I don't see what else would be causing it as it is deffinitely not the poly count on the player and zombie meshes.
    \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
    Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
    Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

• Yep it was all about that torch(fireball). Having multiple torches close to each other was not good @ all while casting dynamic shadows on to the level. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cryptaline View Post
        Yep it was all about that torch(fireball). Having multiple torches close to each other was not good @ all while casting dynamic shadows on to the level. Thank you.
        Ok great , thanks for letting me know.
        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
        Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
        Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

• The Multiplayer TopDown Kit is compatible with the 4.16 update
          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

• [MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION] any additional changes to 4.16?

Comment

• Works on my android phone, with some modifications

I'm new to android development, so this is a dirty demo :P
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAE4...ature=youtu.be

I wouldn't know how to setup a dedicated server, so I can't comment on the networking side of things.

tyvm for this awesome package

Comment

• Hi I need Ai follow to nearest player how can I do that? In top down kits Ai like guided missile following first see character how can I fix that? (You can imagine like left 4 dead 2 or kiling floor 2)

Comment

• My team is utilizing both the top-down kit and the inventory system for our project. We just really starting to dig into the blueprints of this setup, but we've hit a bug that we're not seeing the problem from.
                  The tooltip is not displaying the correct information. It will display the Item Name, but all of the items say Head for their item location. Nothing else is populating in the tooltip.
                  Helheim Games Studio LLC - tabletop game publishing services
                  https://helheimgames.com | https://facebook.com/helheimgames | https://twitter.com/helheimgames

Comment

• Can someone help me convert this to first person camera and controls? I have a merged top down/inventory/social, but cant figure out how to remove point to click, add wasd controls and make camera the first/third person. Tried the steps mentioned, but dont know if that method works anymore. couldnt get it to work. any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• Deleted my first post since I've solved everything there. Now I've managed to create working WASD-Movement, unpossessed the pawn, integrated the inventory system and made dead zombies and broken boxes lootable.

But I've also noticed that somehow the Zombies does not longer take damage and move towards you when you hit them. If you move close and they see you they start moving, attack and take damage correctly. Anyone know what could have happened there?

Edit: I've solved the Zombie-problem. A node had let go ! But, I once again get the problem from my first post. It comes and goes. It's the WASD-Movement. It works brilliantly, with turnrate and everything. It's just, I get this error:

Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property PlayerCharacterReference from function: 'ExecuteUbergraph_MPTopDownNetworkController' from node: Add Movement Input in graph: EventGraph in object: MPTopDownNetworkController with description: Accessed None trying to read property PlayerCharacterReference

It works, so I can keep going. But it feels like I need to solve this issue but I really can't find out why this happens.

Edit: For anyone with same problem, it works without error with an IsValid?
                      Last edited by Askyl; 08-21-2017, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• compatible with the 4.17 ??

Comment

• Originally posted by DP Studio View Post
                          Works on my android phone, with some modifications

I'm new to android development, so this is a dirty demo :P
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAE4...ature=youtu.be

I wouldn't know how to setup a dedicated server, so I can't comment on the networking side of things.

tyvm for this awesome package
                          How did u get it to work on android?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate View Post

That is already on the list, a IP address input and connect button

Also please let me know of anything else you would like to see in the UI.
                            how u connect using ip?

Comment

• Originally posted by calvin019 View Post

How did u get it to work on android?
                              What problems are you having?

Comment

• Originally posted by swarlog View Post
                                compatible with the 4.17 ??
                                It works with 4.17, just tested for you.

I also have problems with WASD movement where your character always rotate towards your mouse. It works with 1 player, but if I start multiplayer the 2nd player spins around like crazy. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Also, if I remove the "rotate to mouse" code, it works to move both characters in multiplayer fine. But they always run "south" when you press S for backwards.
                                Last edited by Askyl; 09-21-2017, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X