Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Analytics Provider Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    I got the example project working on iOS streaming data from time to time to GA site, the data streaming for the real time section in GA seems very random, open and close the app and you would get different feedback. Starting a session doesn't trigger GA realtime feedback most of the time, sometimes when tap on events GA stream kicks in and start getting the data. This may be related to GA real time restrictions:

    Mobile App Tracking
    Mobile hits are batched to conserve battery life, so you may notice delays. Batching typically occurs on the order of minutes.
    from: https://support.google.com/analytics.../1638635?hl=en

    After implemented the session starter and some google events on my game and test them playing in my desktop, for the desktop version the plugin works well triggering feedback in GA with minor delay. However when launch it to my iPhone I don't get any data in GA. I'm triggering the session with an "Event BeginPlay" and the session start successfully, and I'm triggering events with any button of my interface, again this works on desktop but not on my iPhone.

    Any idea is welcome.

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by arnaldo View Post
      I got the example project working on iOS streaming data from time to time to GA site, the data streaming for the real time section in GA seems very random, open and close the app and you would get different feedback. Starting a session doesn't trigger GA realtime feedback most of the time, sometimes when tap on events GA stream kicks in and start getting the data. This may be related to GA real time restrictions:

      Mobile App Tracking
      Mobile hits are batched to conserve battery life, so you may notice delays. Batching typically occurs on the order of minutes.
      from: https://support.google.com/analytics.../1638635?hl=en

      After implemented the session starter and some google events on my game and test them playing in my desktop, for the desktop version the plugin works well triggering feedback in GA with minor delay. However when launch it to my iPhone I don't get any data in GA. I'm triggering the session with an "Event BeginPlay" and the session start successfully, and I'm triggering events with any button of my interface, again this works on desktop but not on my iPhone.

      Any idea is welcome.
      1. You should put plugin only in engine directory or plugin directory (not both).
      2. So previous problem with not compiling on iOS is not actual?
      3. Users in Real-time analytics should appear max in 1 minute after send one event or screen (so if you don't send any data, session won't start even if you called "Start Session" node).
      4. Check in your build logs if you have message "Google Analytics SDK not installed!". If yes, you probably haven't installed SDKs properly.
      5. If message from point 4 doesn't appear, please compile your project in development mode and attach full logs from your device. Logs you can find in Xcode -> Window -> Devices -> Choose your iPhone -> Click little arrow on the bottom of the window -> Logs should appeared -> Run your game -> Wait for session start and call some events and screens -> Copy logs and save to file -> Attach here.
      Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

      Comment


        #63
        Google Analytics Provider Plugin 2.1.1 released!


        CHANGELOG:
        - Added arm64 support for Android (fixed Daydream support in Blueprint-only projects)

        You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.


        If you haven't owned it yet, you can buy now on Sellfy or UE4 Marketplace.
        Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by gameDNA studio View Post
          [URL="https://sellfy.com/p/oLbJ/"][IMG]

          It's available for free and you can download it at the following address: https://gamednastudio.com/plugins/ex...eAnalytics.zip

          Credentials to Google Analytics Dashboard (https://analytics.google.com):
          Login: gameDNAtest@gmail.com
          Password: unrealengine

          Please don't change password!
          Google throws a password recovery at us when we try to log in. If possible can you throw up some screenshots of the type of analytics it should be tracking. Like website vs app.


          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by Justin.Dooley View Post
            Google throws a password recovery at us when we try to log in. If possible can you throw up some screenshots of the type of analytics it should be tracking. Like website vs app.
            Hi Justin,

            Password has been changed to: unrealanalytics. Please try again and let me know if you can view dashboard now
            Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

            Comment


              #66


              Google Analytics Provider Plugin 2.2.0 released!


              CHANGELOG:
              - Added custom dimensions and metrics functionality

              You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.


              If you haven't owned it yet, you can buy now on Sellfy or UE4 Marketplace.



              Last edited by gameDNA studio; 05-12-2017, 11:29 AM.
              Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

              Comment


                #67
                We had a bug where the google blueprint nodes stopped working after restarting the engine because it couldn't find some file that it was looking for in 'Script/...'.
                We were able to fix it by going into the .uplugin and setting the LoadingPhase from "Default" to "PreDefault".
                I thought this would be useful information here

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by Lifeform View Post
                  We had a bug where the google blueprint nodes stopped working after restarting the engine because it couldn't find some file that it was looking for in 'Script/...'.
                  We were able to fix it by going into the .uplugin and setting the LoadingPhase from "Default" to "PreDefault".
                  I thought this would be useful information here
                  Thank you! I'll update it in the next hotfix!
                  Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Google Analytics Plugin 2.3.0 Preview for UE 4.16 Preview!


                    I've just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.16 Preview.
                    You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab.



                    If you find any bug, feel free to report it
                    Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

                    Comment


                      #70


                      Google Analytics Provider Plugin 2.3.0 for UE 4.16 final release!


                      We've just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.16
                      You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.



                      CHANGELOG:
                      • Google Play Services updated to 10.2.1
                      • Tweaks for UE 4.16 compatibility


                      If you haven't owned it yet, you can buy now on Sellfy or UE4 Marketplace.
                      Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Google Analytics Provider Plugin 2.3.1 released!


                        CHANGELOG:
                        - Fixed not registering custom dimensions and metrics while calling RecordGoogleEvent from Blueprints.

                        You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.


                        If you haven't owned it yet, you can buy now on Sellfy or UE4 Marketplace.
                        Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

                        Comment


                          #72


                          Google Analytics Provider Plugin 2.4.0 with gameDNA installer


                          We've just released plugin binaries with support for gameDNA installer and some other updates.
                          You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.



                          CHANGELOG:
                          • Enabled support for gameDNA installer. No more downloading and creating packages on your own! Check more: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-and-installer
                          • Google Play Services updated to 11.0.1
                          • Android Support Libraries updated to 25.3.1
                          • Google Analytics SDK for Android updated to 11.0.1
                          • Google Analytics SDK for iOS updated to 3.17


                          If you haven't owned it yet, you can buy now on Sellfy or UE4 Marketplace.
                          Last edited by gameDNA studio; 06-27-2017, 08:05 AM.
                          Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Google Analytics Provider 2.4.1 HOTFIX


                            We've just released hotfix for plugin. You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.


                            CHANGELOG:
                            • Plugin is now App Transport Security compliant on iOS.
                            • Fixed a problem with the newest Google Play Services on Android.


                            If you haven't owned it yet, you can buy now on Sellfy or UE4 Marketplace.
                            Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

                            Comment


                              #74
                              GOOGLE ANALYTICS PLUGIN - SUMMER SALE ON UNREAL MARKETPLACE!


                              Google Analytics discounted during The 2017 Marketplace Summer Sale! This promotion runs through August 1st at 6pm EST.


                              Buy now on UE4 Marketplace.
                              Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Google Analytics Provider 2.4.2 released!


                                We've just released update for plugin. You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.


                                CHANGELOG:
                                • Updated Google Play Services SDK to 11.0.4


                                If you haven't owned it yet, you can buy now on Sellfy or UE4 Marketplace.
                                Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X