X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will it support md3 models?

Comment

Question:

- This come with the complete source code ?
      - The import are into normal meshes or ?
      - Are the meshes packaged into groups or something or each brush is individual and how the collision is managed ?
      - Does this support reimport the level from Radiant or hammer with updated components and exiting ones to the already imported UE4 level ?
      - This import the correct lightmaps <or generates it> and density from Hammer ?
      Last edited by Hevedy; 09-05-2018, 01:45 PM.
      Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
      Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
        Question:

- 1: This come with the complete source code ?
        - 2: The import are into normal meshes or ?
        - 3: Are the meshes packaged into groups or something or each brush is individual and how the collision is managed ?
        - 4: Does this support reimport the level from Radiant or hammer with updated components and exiting ones to the already imported UE4 level ?
        - 5: This import the correct lightmaps <or generates it> and density from Hammer ?
        I'm not going to give you the correct and definitive answers, but just want to help if I can.

1) It certainly looks complete, and I could take a SS but it looks as if all the header files and source files etc are in place in clean and tidy fashion

2) Not sure what you mean.

3) Depends on how you originally designed/built the map in Hammer, but I would say it does a clean job of giving you what you want. The brushes are individual static meshes, as far as I can tell and would say for you to just treat collision as you would anything else upon import; and during the management your content/project.

4) As an import/export loop for level design? I would say that would involve an import of new components (the updated brushes), so it would treat it as a new import, new item.

5) Can't remember, but would imagine the goal here would surely be for people who prefer Level Designing in Hammer, to then bring their final work into UE4 to use the benefits of UE4, like lighting/rendering - so this would not perhaps be important? The 'raw' textures you used in Hammer would be imported by you prior to importing the actual geometry/polygons.

Again, bear in mind there is every chance that all of my answers are incorrect, just had a few mins and wanted to help if I could

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post

I'm not going to give you the correct and definitive answers, but just want to help if I can.

Again, bear in mind there is every chance that all of my answers are incorrect, just had a few mins and wanted to help if I could
          Atleast you reply me, thank you so much for the info and explain it to me.

Looks like isn't what I'm looking for right now, aswell the developer and his friends don't reply on forums or other networks in near half month so will skip this.

Thank you another time @Mitch Mitchell
          Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
          Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Hello, I've been having great success importing my brush geometry and materials, but I've been running in to a lighting issue where some faces appear to have a inverted normal? When I first came across this issue would select the static mesh and use the "Bake Materials" option. This fixed the lighting issue, but the newly baked materials don't always save when I use the save all assets option, close the project/UE4, and reopen the project - the baked materials default back to the imported materials generated from HammUEr.

https://i.imgur.com/YqnrqKn.jpg

I've tried searching through these inquiries to find something related to this, unfortunately I don't think I've found a solution, I apologize if this question has been answered before.

Comment

I have a question about this tool because i might buy it but the main question for me is can i import those mesh or at least world that i create in unreal engine 4 and use it for commercial purposes which i mean selling game would i have any trouble with like using hammer and the tool together?

Comment

Originally posted by Bestgamerr3 View Post
                I have a question about this tool because i might buy it but the main question for me is can i import those mesh or at least world that i create in unreal engine 4 and use it for commercial purposes which i mean selling game would i have any trouble with like using hammer and the tool together?
                I know this was asked months ago, but here's an answer if you still need it.

Somewhere in this thread, somebody emailed Gabe Newell himself about this and Gabe replied and said he didn't care. As long as you use your own textures and models you should be fine. This just takes the BSP brushes and converts them into meshes. Hope that's helpful!

Comment

Is there a build for 4.22 available?

Comment

Can we get an updated source code dump for 1.19?

The source dump seems to lag behind the binary dump. Any way for those of us who paid to get access to the VCS depot?

Thanks.

Comment

JoeWintergreen

Do you happen to know why would HammUEr (source build or pre-built binary, tried with 4.19.2 and 4.22.3) not generate materials for Quake 1 and Doom 3 maps ? I was messing with it last night and while 2 folders (Materials and Textures) are created by HammUEr, Materials folder has a few empty subfolders and Textures folder is full with properly imported textures.

Comment

turfster Same question basically, in case you are around

Comment

Working...
                        X