Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    If I remember correctly in the player controller, begin play, there is a setup or initialize function. In there change the game mode and ui to game mode only and uncheck show mouse cursor.

The issue you will run into however is whenever you hit I or any other windows, you will not have mouse control so make a function to toggle between game mode and ui and game mode only and show mouse cursor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hello, i hope everyone is fine and doing well.

can anyone help me with changing the camera back to ue4 default where the camera moves along with the mouse (the third person default template)

in the action rpg, we have to hold the right mouse button down.

i have tried deleting the branch node to check if the rmb is held down but all it does is make the camera movable when i hold down other mouse buttons.

i checked other parts of the code and found that there is also a third person/first person view swap. (this is something that is confusing. there is no point making this replicated as it should not matter to the server if the player is in first or third person mode? )

anyway i tried disabling all of these but i still have to hold a mouse button down to move the camera. can anyone please help?

thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post

In the player controller go to "Get usable actor" function. Make sure trace channel is set to visible (or if you have a custom one), Can also set debug type to duration or persistent to make sure it is shooting trace ( and check your camera )

Then on world item, click on it, in the details pane, click on static mesh and check the collision, make sure that channel from the lane trace is blocked.
    Oh my dude right on thank you. That led me right to the issue! Now I can interact with objects. Thank you soooo much.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kurzah View Post

Ah thank you! This fixed the problem with the HUD, now I can interact with objects in the inventory now. Awesome!

Although I still can't seem to click on anything in the world. I can't use any of the useable or world objects. I was unable to find anything relating to 'trace' in the objects collision settings. Since I'm in a 3d sidescroller setting, I'm wondering if the camera is throwing the cursor off? I can't even get an outline over usable objects when my cursor hovers over them.
    In the player controller go to "Get usable actor" function. Make sure trace channel is set to visible (or if you have a custom one), Can also set debug type to duration or persistent to make sure it is shooting trace ( and check your camera )

Then on world item, click on it, in the details pane, click on static mesh and check the collision, make sure that channel from the lane trace is blocked.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post

Try full screen. Also if you have any other widgets (non ARPGIS) try temporarily disabling them see if it helps. and make sure the line trace for objects trace channel in the player controller is set to block that channel in the objects collision settings.
    Ah thank you! This fixed the problem with the HUD, now I can interact with objects in the inventory now. Awesome!

Although I still can't seem to click on anything in the world. I can't use any of the useable or world objects. I was unable to find anything relating to 'trace' in the objects collision settings. Since I'm in a 3d sidescroller setting, I'm wondering if the camera is throwing the cursor off? I can't even get an outline over usable objects when my cursor hovers over them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kurzah View Post
    Hello! First of all, thank you so much for this inventory system. I managed to migrate it into my project and am nearly there with full integration. I'm just having a few issues with the cursor and object interaction.

My project is a 3d side scroller. I'm not using my own playercontroller, just the InventoryPlayerController. I've got to the point where I can open up the inventory, but I cannot interact with anything in my bag or character. Right clicking makes the cursor disappear and become immovable. I also cannot interact with any object set in the world. Any ideas on why my cursor will not interact with anything?

I'm still learning a lot, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Side note, I've disabled some of the third person functionality, and character keyboard movement in the InventoryPlayerController since I will not be using it at all.
    Try full screen. Also if you have any other widgets (non ARPGIS) try temporarily disabling them see if it helps. and make sure the line trace for objects trace channel in the player controller is set to block that channel in the objects collision settings.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello! First of all, thank you so much for this inventory system. I managed to migrate it into my project and am nearly there with full integration. I'm just having a few issues with the cursor and object interaction.

My project is a 3d side scroller. I'm not using my own playercontroller, just the InventoryPlayerController. I've got to the point where I can open up the inventory, but I cannot interact with anything in my bag or character. Right clicking makes the cursor disappear and become immovable. I also cannot interact with any object set in the world. Any ideas on why my cursor will not interact with anything?

I'm still learning a lot, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Side note, I've disabled some of the third person functionality, and character keyboard movement in the InventoryPlayerController since I will not be using it at all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Scyclone View Post
    As an unrelated note, I've been working with adding in new stats and such to my items. And I have had 'some' success thus far.

I added in Damage (Objects) to items that are designed for harvesting (Axe/Pickaxe/etc), as well as Constitution. I updated the itemlist, updated all relevant structures that I can think of and from a mechanical standpoint. It does apply the statistics to the item because it is populating into my equipment screen. For the screenshot example, I have put in 2 constitution for the bladed shoulder piece.

I have narrowed down the issue in that it doesn't seem to populate "ItemToolTipInfo" with the data on my item's constitution bonus. I did a test on the visibility (and basically set it always visible) and it returned a blank line [further showing me that the 'BreakToolTipInfo' for Constitution is returning me no value]. Is there some extra step I missed somewhere or something I can do to correct this issue?

That is a simple fix check the tooltip widget.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nejibana View Post
    Has anyone had any success with trying to change out the player controller responsibility to a player state or character? Been working on this for about a week now (been too timid to until now lol)

I've nearly got it but I'm not generating an inventory. I'm wondering if a player state is not able to do this

Update: I've managed to get the inventory grid to generate from the player state instead of the controller. The controller just calls the UI elements now. Throwing some errors trying to generate the equipment inventory (player inventory) from the player state though. For some reason it is not a huge fan of the idea. Going to do some more tinkering
    Why would you even what to move the inventory from the controller ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe this would help. Tutorial - Action RPG Inventory System - Weapon Import/Export - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Scyclone View Post

Heya Mahluus7 , you make a fair point - a picture is worth a thousand words

Essentially, the axe is attaching to the socket - it just looks wierd in terms of rotations and such. I mean that could lead to a very painful circumcision I'd imagine :P.

Would the information above apply to that?
    Scyclone, unsure if you've fixed your issue yet, but the most effective method to fix this problem would be to export your custom weapon mesh to a 3rd party program
    such as Blender and manually adjust the rotation of the skeletal mesh and then reimport. Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Paxie_ View Post
    Hello,

i was wondering if there is some option how to turn on/turn off the saving system. It´s included in this? I am really not sure. If it´s not, how to save all whole inventory?
    this project does not have a save system

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Has anyone had any success with trying to change out the player controller responsibility to a player state or character? Been working on this for about a week now (been too timid to until now lol)

I've nearly got it but I'm not generating an inventory. I'm wondering if a player state is not able to do this

Update: I've managed to get the inventory grid to generate from the player state instead of the controller. The controller just calls the UI elements now. Throwing some errors trying to generate the equipment inventory (player inventory) from the player state though. For some reason it is not a huge fan of the idea. Going to do some more tinkering
    Last edited by Nejibana; 12-23-2020, 03:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,

i was wondering if there is some option how to turn on/turn off the saving system. It´s included in this? I am really not sure. If it´s not, how to save all whole inventory?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Terror X View Post

It's been 5 years since your original reply to this question. I was wondering if you had ever gotten a chance to re-visit this?
    We did enable saving and loading the inventory and various character stats (location, health, and so forth) to a DB through a java socket server ( via the LE Socket Connection plugin). The socket server is fast but this might more readily be done with some of the modern web methods.

Because of the overlaps between the AdvSocSys and ARPGIS, we encountered many incompatibilities and removed the AdvSocSys. In our application, chat and the player groups should be handled by separate servers and there are much better chat solutions now available

RL has kept me from working on any programming for about a year now and all of this is rusty to me and I'd have to do a major review to recall any of the details.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X