X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [RELEASED] Action RPG Inventory System

Action RPG Inventory System

Hello All,

I am happy to announce our first marketplace content.

Action RPG Inventory System - Marketplace Link
    Supported Engine Versions: 4.13 - 4.16

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unreal_Action_RPG_Inventory_System.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	1168237

Update Notes:

The Action RPG Inventory System is a multiplayer supported inventory management system featuring equip-able and usable items.
    It can be used in single-player and multiplayer projects, regardless of your game theme and UI design.

The Action RPG Inventory System allows for easy interaction between the player’s inventory and individual objects in the world or actors that have an inventory.
    It is designed with a multiplayer first approach and the network traffic is minimized when passing item information and requests between the server and clients.
    The system is encapsulated into its own components which makes it easy to integrate into existing projects.

The technical demo included is an MMO styled example with a Drag & Drop UI. This demo showcases how quick it is to implement and use the Inventory System in your own project.
    The system is easy to learn and expand upon to meet your specific needs.

Features:
    • Single Player and Multiplayer 100% supported.
    • Clean, efficient and easy to follow code.
    • Single Player physics based item interaction.
    • Replicated player stats and equipment.
    • Re-sizable player inventory.
    • Configurable equipment, items, and stats.
    • Customizable player equipment types and slots.
    • Create new items quickly and with ease.
    • Practical and easy to modify ‘Drag & Drop’ UI example.
    • Master Item list and Loot Table list examples.
    • Move, drop, use, equip, unequip, swap, stack and split items.
    • Loot container and storage container blueprints samples included.
    • Includes Usable, Equipment, Consumable and Currency item examples.

Marketplace Video:

Screenshots:

Name:	Unreal_Action_RPG_Inventory_System_Screenshot_1.jpg
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	1168231

Name:	Unreal_Action_RPG_Inventory_System_Screenshot_2.jpg
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	1168232

Name:	Unreal_Action_RPG_Inventory_System_Screenshot_3.jpg
Size:	301.6 KB
ID:	1168235

Name:	Unreal_Action_RPG_Inventory_System_Screenshot_4.jpg
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	1168236

This is not an RPG Starter Kit and the practical examples and items demonstrating how to easily use the Action RPG Inventory System are a bonus.

Tutorial Videos:

Tutorial: Adding New Items

Tutorial: FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Tutorial: Merging Into Your Project

Support:
    Email: support@vanguardinteractive.com
    Discord: @Pirate
    or simply message me through the forums.
    Last edited by Pirate; 05-24-2017, 09:31 PM.

• replied
    Originally posted by unit23 View Post
    Just curious but do you plan any new market place packs? For instance would love to see a quest/mission system from you
    To be honest what I did was copy the one from codespartan in mmokit, kinda works like a charm

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    Temp Fix for the 4.20 White icons in inventory.
    Just curious but do you plan any new market place packs? For instance would love to see a quest/mission system from you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Namesis View Post

What's character interaction?
    https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-interaction

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by unit23 View Post
    Has anyone merged this yet with Character Interaction? I made so many edits to my RPG inventory that I will probably start with a fresh install for my other project..
    What's character interaction?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I am have a very hard time to load the inventory after saving the game (saving the inventory array too).

Any of you guys tried and worked?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Has anyone merged this yet with Character Interaction? I made so many edits to my RPG inventory that I will probably start with a fresh install for my other project..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

Hi, An update was release for 4.20 so not to long ago.
    Thank you for your answer, Okay ^^ Has anyone has ever tried and succeeded in completely merging this inventory system to Dynamic combat system ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Imaginalex View Post
    Hello, When has this system last been updated ?
    Hi, An update was released for 4.20 so not to long ago.
    Last edited by OverRated_AU; 02-11-2019, 06:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, When has this system last been updated ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Namesis View Post

Just to follow this up, in case anyone needs it, being called "Player Warehouse, Player Stash, Player Bank, etc"

What I did was copy the PlayerInventory inside InventoryManagerComponent, renamed to WarehousePlayerInventory (which inside this has its inventory array to store the items), then just copy-paste-rename-modify some functions like AddItem to control the items in the new WarehousePlayerInventory. Also copying the Container and ContainerSlot, and renaming it to WarehouseContainer. Here, in the OnDrop functions, also modify it slightly and the functions to take the dropped item properly in the WarehousePlayerInventory and its Inventory array.

pretty much just a copy-paste and some modifications to adjust it.

Loading the items from the player (in my case mysql) was just when loading the player, copying the inventory part I had and adjusting it to warehouse, then filling the warehouse inventory array.
    In my case I made it player shared (all players in same account can access this storage), so it was adding a new mysql table with a "account id" which is taken when loading the player information, hence pulling the warehouse inventory.
    So you took my advice, glad you got it working.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    So you want a stash that isn't shared? I would create another inventory array in the player inventory component and just have the actor load off that array rather than it's self.
    Just to follow this up, in case anyone needs it, being called "Player Warehouse, Player Stash, Player Bank, etc"

What I did was copy the PlayerInventory inside InventoryManagerComponent, renamed to WarehousePlayerInventory (which inside this has its inventory array to store the items), then just copy-paste-rename-modify some functions like AddItem to control the items in the new WarehousePlayerInventory. Also copying the Container and ContainerSlot, and renaming it to WarehouseContainer. Here, in the OnDrop functions, also modify it slightly and the functions to take the dropped item properly in the WarehousePlayerInventory and its Inventory array.

pretty much just a copy-paste and some modifications to adjust it.

Loading the items from the player (in my case mysql) was just when loading the player, copying the inventory part I had and adjusting it to warehouse, then filling the warehouse inventory array.
    In my case I made it player shared (all players in same account can access this storage), so it was adding a new mysql table with a "account id" which is taken when loading the player information, hence pulling the warehouse inventory.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tonymorgan92 View Post

https://youtu.be/3o4du3vFQnk

i did this a while back I could probably help you out
    That's fine but its a very basic theres better way of going about it and you also don't show people anything so its pointless.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nejibana View Post
    Don't know how many people still check this thread still, i know a while back people were talking about integrating a vendor system into this pack. Has anyone had any luck? unit23 ? Right now I'm attempting to show a currency value on item tool tip, i managed to get that to semi work, but it wont grab the actual item value from the item data (work in progress) if anyone has any notes or advice i'll try to through together a tutorial for adding a system to use with the muppet/tandy npcs

https://youtu.be/3o4du3vFQnk

i did this a while back I could probably help you out

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nejibana View Post
    Don't know how many people still check this thread still, i know a while back people were talking about integrating a vendor system into this pack. Has anyone had any luck? unit23 ? Right now I'm attempting to show a currency value on item tool tip, i managed to get that to semi work, but it wont grab the actual item value from the item data (work in progress) if anyone has any notes or advice i'll try to through together a tutorial for adding a system to use with the muppet/tandy npcs
    I would recommenced making a new data structure and a vendor item list rather than using the inventory item list, this way you can just build simple UI and trigger it in the same way you would a containers, you don't want to go ahead and start adding data that's isn't needed to the inventory item structure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X