Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I fixed the issue with the white item slots. Now I can only drag items from loot container into the inventory/equipment but not into hotbar. Nothing can be dragged into the hotbar and nothing dragged into inventory/equipment can be dragged out. Just using the box asset. Any idea why that happens? Nothing else changed apart from the white item fix.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	error.jpg Views:	0 Size:	270.8 KB ID:	1813283Hotbar_C failed to route PostInitProperties

Anyone else getting this on launch of game on Android? 4.25.3

Update: I unhooked the construction node on the hotbar ui widget. The game will now load and all other inventory functions are working correctly. I just need to figure out how to fix the hotbar issue.
    Last edited by mattxordev1; 09-19-2020, 02:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use the third person character from a new project as I am testing and don't want to ruin my actual character and made an own controller (do you need a controller? I not seen anyone in any tutorials using one so far). I did migrate from Inventory system to a new project as per clip on youtube about migrating. I will check that and see if I may have forgotten something.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MauganKhaine View Post
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_202980.png Views:	3 Size:	407.2 KB ID:	1812905 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_202981.png Views:	3 Size:	753.6 KB ID:	1812906 I am trying to migrate the inventory system but after the youtube clip I found about that, the inventory, equipment and container panels aren't visible and between 1000 and 4000 errors occure after play... I am using 4.25.3 and wonder if there is a version conflict that requires more changes in the blueprints.
    Few questions, are you using your own character and controller or the ones from the ARPGIS?

Did you migrate from Inv system to your project?

Check that you moved the whole 'initialize character' ( ithink that is what it is called,) from the rpg controller begin play to yours. looks like the hud reference is not set correctly
    Last edited by Cmcginn; 09-18-2020, 10:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_202980.png
Views:	44
Size:	407.2 KB
ID:	1812905 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_202981.png
Views:	33
Size:	753.6 KB
ID:	1812906 I am trying to migrate the inventory system but after the youtube clip I found about that, the inventory, equipment and container panels aren't visible and between 1000 and 4000 errors occure after play... I am using 4.25.3 and wonder if there is a version conflict that requires more changes in the blueprints.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool thanks, looks like most of the logic or fucntion is already in the inventory manager. Found these CheckInventoryForItemAmount, TryToAddItemToInventory, TryToRemoveItemFromInventory. Probably make a datatable then with arrays of required items, isunlocked?, amount,etc.. A Crafting Widget, then leverage the Inventory Manager Functions, Events. Basically i think the craft system would just be using items, remove them, then spawn an item like how loot is spawned in a container by placing it back into the player's inventory.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by harrism76 View Post
    Hello, i'm watching their migrating tutorial, does anyone know where the event or function is that reads the players inventory and fills the UI with it? I'm working on a crafting system, i can create a crafting inventory like the inventory component, that seems like the core of all inventory. Fill this crafting inventory with items from the players inventory, scan through it to see what i can build or craft. Then once an item is crafted the item is removed just like how when you right mouse click to use the item, removes from inventory. Seems like similar logic of using an item like eating an apple or bread.
    So lets say 4 ferns crafts flour, then apple and flour craft apple fritter, or flour makes bread. I would have to read in the players inventory, add a field to inventory item or item information, for IsUnlocked? bool . Create a data table with an array of required items and the field is unlocked, think i'm almost there but i need to read in the players inventory.

Trying to integrate it with the Talent Tree Builder project.
    to get player inventory array, get player controller, cast to inventory player controller, get inventory manager, get player inventory, get inventory. You can make a function in the interface to make it easier in future. Creation/refresh of UI is all done in Iventory manager, which has access to Inventory component which is where your inventory array is.

Hope that helps

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, i'm watching their migrating tutorial, does anyone know where the event or function is that reads the players inventory and fills the UI with it? I'm working on a crafting system, i can create a crafting inventory like the inventory component, that seems like the core of all inventory. Fill this crafting inventory with items from the players inventory, scan through it to see what i can build or craft. Then once an item is crafted the item is removed just like how when you right mouse click to use the item, removes from inventory. Seems like similar logic of using an item like eating an apple or bread.
    So lets say 4 ferns crafts flour, then apple and flour craft apple fritter, or flour makes bread. I would have to read in the players inventory, add a field to inventory item or item information, for IsUnlocked? bool . Create a data table with an array of required items and the field is unlocked, think i'm almost there but i need to read in the players inventory.

Trying to integrate it with the Talent Tree Builder project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MauganKhaine View Post
    Can someone tell me if the server parts are needed for the rest to function or can I strip those parts out/disable them?
    If you are doing a single player game you can leave in the server calls as the client is the server then.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can someone tell me if the server parts are needed for the rest to function or can I strip those parts out/disable them?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Neveridel View Post
    Hello!

Thanks for the great content!
    I have couple of questions about merging Inventory project to my own TopDown Twin Stick project.
    1) I can't get outline working even when I'm close to the item. Eventually I managed to make interaction with these items, but the outline doesn't show.
    2) I have rotation with mouse in my inputs and right now the project overtakes mouse movement and I can rotate my character only if I hold mouse button (left or right). How can I disable UI interaction?
    3) I don't need mouse cursor on the HUD, please tell me how to hide it.
    4) I want to use Right Stick of Gamepad to rotate the character and it doesn't work. Help with the gamepad will be appreciated!
    most of the movement controls are in the player controller. Same with hold mouse button down to look, the player controller over rides player character controls.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello!

Thanks for the great content!
    I have couple of questions about merging Inventory project to my own TopDown Twin Stick project.
    1) I can't get outline working even when I'm close to the item. Eventually I managed to make interaction with these items, but the outline doesn't show.
    2) I have rotation with mouse in my inputs and right now the project overtakes mouse movement and I can rotate my character only if I hold mouse button (left or right). How can I disable UI interaction?
    3) I don't need mouse cursor on the HUD, please tell me how to hide it.
    4) I want to use Right Stick of Gamepad to rotate the character and it doesn't work. Help with the gamepad will be appreciated!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Neveridel; 09-11-2020, 02:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am having issues loading up the project initially. It gets stuck at 45%. I'm trying to load using 4.24.3 of UE4.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by harrism76 View Post
    Hello all, i saw krunkfu and overrated_au post about a crafting system, does this project include a craft system? Could not find so far any data tables or such for crafting. tab 46 line 684
    No crafting included.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello all, i saw krunkfu and overrated_au post about a crafting system, does this project include a craft system? Could not find so far any data tables or such for crafting. tab 46 line 684

Leave a comment:

Working...
X