Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Mrminecraftwizz1 View Post
    Does anyone know how to get a pot to access a loot table?
    I did this by just duplicating the skeleton and changing the mesh.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does anyone know how to get a pot to access a loot table?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm at a loss right now. I followed the Migration guide on YouTube to the T, multiple times now, trying to merge this asset with the VRExpansion Plugin player controller and character.

If I play Offline, it works great. I can loot the container, put items back in, etc...

Changing to Play as Client - I get the following errors when trying to open any of the containers / standing around.

Code:
    Blueprint Runtime Error: "Accessed None trying to read property PlayerInventory". Blueprint: InventoryManagerComponent Function: Execute Ubergraph Inventory Manager Component Graph: EventGraph Node: Server Init Inventory
    Blueprint Runtime Error: "Accessed None trying to read property PlayerInventory". Blueprint: InventoryManagerComponent Function: Refresh Inventory Slots Graph: RefreshInventorySlots Node: Get Inventory Items
    Blueprint Runtime Error: "Accessed None trying to read property PlayerInventory". Blueprint: InventoryManagerComponent Function: Update Equipped Stats Graph: UpdateEquippedStats Node: Get Inventory Item
    Any ideas? I've tried just about everything, I'm wondering if there's something specific I should check on the new player controller or player character that might lead me in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is this still supported? A new project doesn't open in 4.25.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello guys, just a quick question, this is a wonderful base for an inventory system, but I need to tweak it quite a bit to suit my game needs. Is this plugin still supported? Does the developer provide any help for inquiries or we have to discover everything ourselves? Not asking aggressively but it's good to know the status. Is there maybe a better channel to communicate with them? Discord or anything? I got several questions that need answering and after an extensive search for most of them, I still need help.

If the plugin isn't supported it'd be best to ask for a refund and try another one.

Thanks a lot

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello there, I love this plugin but I'm having a small trouble when I try to implement it. My issue is that although I don't use my own Character Controller (which means I can use yours), non the less my character blueprint cannot have your Equipment Character Parent that you suggest at 3:55 from the main tutorial video because it needs to have the parent it already has. So to sum up I can use your Inventory Character Controller but not your Equipment Character as a parent class for my player BP.

Is that possible? Thanks a lot

Leave a comment:

• replied
    EDIT - Have made a lot of progress, got a little confused on the tutorial. I now have a VR motion controller that has inventory!

I’m trying to take the sample project that is included with the asset, and import the Unreal VR, and get it working. I followed your YouTube video, but I think the VR pawns have some serious differences making it not work.

Any tips for getting this working with the Unreal VR template?
    Last edited by Coupixel; 06-27-2020, 01:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

The inventory isn't dynamic the items are which means there not static data things like item amounts are dynamic data.
    Hi I have been trying to get this system to work for a while now and I got it working quite well so far. I just wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU! To you and the others continuing to give support for this system. I am new to both UE4 and game development and I am learning all this on my own via tutorials and forums like this one. I have learnt heaps so far and although I still have a long way to go I am happy with how it is going.

Again thanks heaps

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by unit23 View Post
    You can use an event dispatcher.

Call the Event Dispatcher on item update, in your case for the weapon (slot 12).

Click image for larger version Name:	gear.jpg Views:	0 Size:	347.2 KB ID:	1765114

Next Bind the Event Dispatcher Call, likely on your character blueprint

Click image for larger version Name:	gear2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.9 KB ID:	1765113

Now you have the Custom Event, in this example named 'Updateitem', where you can make for instance a bool check if we update item 12, if true you could check the InventoryItem structure, check if it is a sword. Ideally you would add another InventoryItem entry for WeaponType.
    hey so for the past weeks i tried what u said and from what i tried it doesnt work..rn im completely ran out of ideas on what i should try.

things i tried:
    i tried 2 things that i know might be help 1.in the structure called InventoryItem i added an enum called WeaponState and in that its basicly for when i created a weapon for example sword i can set the enum state as swordsman.first method i tried is in the managercomponent of this inventorysolution in there are two funtions called equipitem and unequipitem there i basicly use macro that has reference to the inventoryitem structure and set the variable in both of those function.then in animbp i can get reference of that component and use it for various weapon state but that doesnt work
    second method that i tried is i get the reference to the inventory item directly and use it in animbp but thats doesnt work either

i also got a suggestion and here what he recommend me to do which i tried as well so far doesnt work yet.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...6.51.42.32.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...6.51.51.40.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...6.51.48.36.png

rn im trying to merge weapon component pack from the marketplace to see if it will work because someone recommend me this way but rn its still WIP.

hope u can help me with this and maybe we can get in contact through discord

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is this asset no longer supported?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I haven't touched anything to do with Inventory Slots but randomly I keep getting 74 of these errors every time I start my game and there are no inventory slots. Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it?Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	59
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	1776468

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post
    I can try to come up with something, it will need fine-tuned as I am no expert, but should give you a place to start.
    Thank you so much mate <3 i really appreciate that, also here is my discord LegendOfSparta#7334, maybe we can help each other out or share tips :3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can try to come up with something, it will need fine-tuned as I am no expert, but should give you a place to start.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post

By durability, you mean the weapon/armor degrades over time and needs to be repaired?
    ​​​​​
    Yes! yes exactly !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LegendOfSparta View Post

Yeah i know that, so what is the best way to make this durability system? i know i'm wasting your time, so it's fine if you ignored this :3
    By durability, you mean the weapon/armor degrades over time and needs to be repaired?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X