Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Anyone here really familiar with this system and could help me? I emailed the developer but got no reply.
    I'm having some issues customizing the features of this system. Some of the things I need this inventory system to do are as follows.

1. Add a delay to an actor before it despawns from the world space, this way my character can perform a looting animation and then have the object despawn a second or so later.

2. Add custom images to the loot window that appears, I've tried to add my own images but for some reason I cant resize or edit them in any way and they appear greyed out ( I can provide images if needed)

3.Add animated containers to this system. From what I can tell the blueprints only support static meshes.

4. Reposition the text that appears on screen when mousing over an interactable object. The way it is displayed by default looks like; <Action> <Name> and I would like it to read like; <Action>
    <Name>
    5. How to change the reticle to a different image when mousing over different objects (like in Oblivion).

If anyone can help point me in the right direction on which blueprints need to be edited for these changes, I'd really appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zhiqua View Post
    Here is my spawn and possess code..
    First connect the PlayerController into the Disable/Enable nodes. You also have to set all the Inventory stuff anew, like you did on initial spawn, set the references again in relation to your newly spawned player character, and possibly also the BaseCharacter. It depends on your customized setup. You may also remove all widgets and re-create the main user interface widget, as you do on Event Begin.

As shown here, also set the PlayerCharacterReference anew in the PlayerState - if you use that there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here is my spawn and possess code:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	spawnpossess.PNG
Views:	72
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	1687126

And here is the function that is ran on the client after the inventory player character is spawned and possessed:

Name:	runonclient.PNG
Views:	61
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1687127

It works on the server but on the client it spawns and possesses correctly but picking up up items or using the inventory is broken and it throws all those errors on closing the preview.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zhiqua View Post
    So I can't for the life of me figure this out...
    You solved this now, with calling to update the client as well, correct?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So I can't for the life of me figure this out...I've created a logged out pawn which is just a camera and then you press a button in a widget and it spawns a inventory character actor and then inits the inventory. The inventory only works on the server and not the client, I can run around on the client fine but cannot use the inventory at all. When I quit the preview it shows this:

Name:	inventoryerror.PNG
Views:	81
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	1686705

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

That's because that the incorrect way to handle that which was fixed in one of the early updates, you should never add or cast to blueprints from UMG widgets, ether use interfaces or dispatchers, as for what was being set it was a reference to the player controllers inventory manager.
    Why is that, I frequently make casts to the player character or controller - without issue, and this is usually also how other developer do this (based on the asset packs I came across). For instance commonly you make a controller cast to set the owner of a widget.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by W4tchYourSix View Post
    How do I go about getting the Main Hand Weapon Reference from AnimBP? when I attempt to check that variable on Equipment Character I get null. Any feedback would be excellent thanks for making this guys!
    If you want to check if the weapon is equipped, you can also set a bool on weapon equip and check the status on the AnimBP. UpdateAnimation event

Name:	anim.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1678841

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DouglasR32 View Post

I'm having the same kind of problem I have been having a hard time finding a solution for dialogue systems and inventory systems. they seem to be rediculously complicated to build
    It turned out it wouldn't work because I changed something in regards to checking if the player has logged in already. Also I am unsure if this was originally part of the Inventory or if I have added it later, but unplugging the login check function fixed it for me.

Name:	inv1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	1678837

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is there any documentationj for this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not working with root motion....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a potential buyer wanting to know if this asset is still actively managed?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by unit23 View Post
    After upgrading to 4.21 moving inventory items onto the equipment slots no longer works, also not auto equipping anymore, I am not aware that I changed something other than applying that slate brush fix, and moving inside the inventory still works. Any pointers what may cause this would be appreciated. It's like finding a needle in a haystack...
    I'm having the same kind of problem I have been having a hard time finding a solution for dialogue systems and inventory systems. they seem to be rediculously complicated to build

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it still possible to merge this with mptopdownkit or any updated guide?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does anyone know?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How do I go about getting the Main Hand Weapon Reference from AnimBP? when I attempt to check that variable on Equipment Character I get null. Any feedback would be excellent thanks for making this guys!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X