No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My project. More in inventory system changed, add, remove and fixed.
    ARPGIS pack taught me: Don't buy if you can't think.
    And, I acquired a lot of knowledge by changing this pack and bringing it to the state I needed.

Comment

Keeping in mind this is not officially announced to support 4.17, anywhere I have read yet. 4.17 being new and all.

I noted when you Create Project with this using version 4.17, the inventory panes do not move properly. As soon as you click one it centers the pane to your mouse location. I was also getting a "! Missing File Name" warning in the error window that pops up when you exit play mode. As I moved folders it also put a red Mesh Missing or Item missing error on the screen. It happened moving the item folder from the Inventory System folder into the Content folder, and also when moving the Blueprints folder into the content folder. Both tested of fresh Projects. I must have made a dozen or more moving a folder, finding an error, deleting the project, starting again moving a different folder.

I also noted when looting it would take the first item or even a few, and then the click to loot functionality would be gone. You could manually drag and drop, but not click to loot.

Finally decided to just stick to 4.16 for now. Just mentioning it here so peeps can recreate, confirm, and of course fix.

Thanks for a wonderful starting point.

Comment

The InventoryManager function TryToAddItemToInventory, called when using a container item (right mouse click), contains the function GetEmptyInventorySpace, but if equippment slots are empty, this can result in adding the container item to the first empty equippment slot. Thus, I've slightly modified GetEmptyInventorySpace, to account for the equippment slots. Maybe this is helpful for someone else. However, this means that equipment items are no longer directly equipped from containers.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	GetEmptyInventorySpace.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	1132346
        (Notice above, it's 13 not 14)
        Last edited by unit23; 08-12-2017, 01:40 PM.
        LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

how to add this to MMORPG?

Comment

Why check extra slots if you can exclude them from checking?

Name:	2017-08-15 00-03-03 HMP - Unreal Editor.jpg
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1132429

Comment

Hello .
              I just started with this asset and i have to say it is great .

Only problem i encountered was that i could drag widgets ( inventory , equipment,etc) out of the screen , and leave them there , which essentially will make them useless . is this intended ?

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                The InventoryManager function TryToAddItemToInventory, called when using a container item (right mouse click), contains the function GetEmptyInventorySpace, but if equippment slots are empty, this can result in adding the container item to the first empty equippment slot. Thus, I've slightly modified GetEmptyInventorySpace, to account for the equippment slots. Maybe this is helpful for someone else. However, this means that equipment items are no longer directly equipped from containers.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]15176[/ATTACH]
                (Notice above, it's 13 not 14)

If you want to do this your better off skipping them all together, Yours would be EquipmentSlots rather than what mine uses there.

Comment

Hi party people,

I have recently come across a whole slew of errors in my project related to "InventoryManagerComponent" not being able to access or read the "Inventory Layout" widget reference. These runtime errors prevent me from opening the inventory or equipment at all during gameplay, the whole system doesn't work until I can fix this.

I have done my homework on this issue before posting. I read all about "REINST" issues, editing Blueprints inside of child widgets, and circular referencing. I still cannot find out exactly what my freakin issue is.

The only (child) UI widget I have customized at all is the "Inventory" widget blue print. My small addition can bee seen in the picture below.

Name:	Inventory UI Widget BP.png
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	1132557

The only customization I have made to "InventoryManagerComponent" is in two functions: "Equip Item" and "Unequip Item". I did this to test what specific type of weapon I have equipped to trigger a different attack animation sequence based on type of weapon the player is using IE slashes for sword, punching for no weapon. I will post a picture of that below too.

Name:	InventoryManagerComponent BP - Equip Weapon.png
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	1132558

I believe the error might be in one of these two BP's from my research and error message log....
                  HOWEVER, before you say, "just delete those customization's to your BP's to fix your errors." I already tried deleting those edits and its still error ridden.
                  It has to be a reference variable issue. I tried replacing and re-initializing the "Inventory Layout" widget reference inside "InventoryManagerComponent" and vice versa but I still get errors. WHAT THE HECK? Any pointers appreciated (:

Here's the error log:

Name:	error sheet.png
Size:	368.9 KB
ID:	1132559
                  Last edited by DK Buzzin; 08-16-2017, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Hi guys! I bought the Pack from Marketplace and I'm struggling to find where is the logic to render the tooltip, the creation of widget is on InventorySlot but even if I try to add to child to a another Widget's Panel, it renders on mouse location.

Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Kultured View Post
                      .. about "REINST" issue..
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]152248[/ATTACH]
                      If you remove the toggle functions the REINST oddity will be resolved. Just place those buttons somewhere else, for instance on the hotbar widget.
                      Last edited by unit23; 08-17-2017, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Kim View Post
                        .. to find where is the logic to render the tooltip...
                        It's part of the drag and drop functions, see offsets.

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                          It's part of the drag and drop functions, see offsets.
                          Ty for trying to help! I just can't find the drag and drop function that really makes this, you can specify in what widget bp is it? I tried to find on ToolTip and Inventory_Slot

Thanks!

Comment

"If you remove the toggle functions the REINST oddity will be resolved. Just place those buttons somewhere else, for instance on the hotbar widget."
                            Unit23

In my original post I had stated that I had already tried removing that blueprint chunk, recompiling and saving, and the error log is exactly the same. The inventory system still does not come up when pressed in game.
                            To be sure of your suggestion I have tried removing any nodes whatsoever in the graph of all the UI widgets that I had added, and the runtime errors still persist.

I'm still leaning towards this being caused from my "Inventory Layout" reference variable in the inventory manager component. Every single line of error stems to a node that comes AFTER the use of that reference variable.

Comment

Originally posted by Kultured View Post
                              The inventory system still does not come up when pressed in game.
                              Because the error is still present. Try this. Remove the InventoryLayout from the player HUD, readd it. If the error still there, look into the Equipment widget and hover over the InventorySlots, if they still show a REINST error message, remove the slots and readd them, but first try to just readd the InventoryLayout, after readding rename it to the old name Layout.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Kim View Post
                                Ty for trying to help! I just can't find the drag and drop function that really makes this, you can specify in what widget bp is it? I tried to find on ToolTip and Inventory_Slot

Thanks!
                                Sorry, I misunderstood you, and it is not entirely clear what you want to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X