Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again!

[MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION] I'd like to thank you again for this excellent system. It has proved perfect for our needs and has vastly simplified development of our game.

We've just started online testing with a prototype using the ARPGIS hooked through sockets to a java server and the system is working without a glitch. We haven't yet changed the default interface style, but here are a couple of in game (and online!) screenshots of the system at work.

Attached Files

WIP Thread

Comment

If anyone has problems with icon inventory item icon display, see this related AnswerHub post https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ter-proje.html
      LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Hello everyone,
        I have been using this system and all has been well until tonight. I was working on a combat system when bam, my game has a huge problem all of a sudden. When I press play to test out the game, my character is gone. I mean i think its there, but invisible and all items attached just group up in the middle of where the character should be. I can still move, jump and what not but the character and animations are missing all of a sudden. Any ideas on how to fix this? image attached. Click image for larger version

Name:	UE4 problem.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	1132093
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kultured View Post
          I can still move, jump and what not but the character and animations are missing all of a sudden. Any ideas on how to fix this?
          This has to do with the character draw distance, from camera. I guess you are using 4.16, noticed this too when i zoom out.

Comment

The thing is I have not zoomed out, this is how far away my third person camera is. I was not editing draw distance settings at all either so I dont think this is the issue. Even when I switch to first person mode, I would be able to see the arm of the character when attacking, that doesnt happen and the camera is only inches away. Any other ideas?

Comment

Hey thanks for the addon!

I'm trying to figure out how to change the modular equipment when using a new character skeleton. I understand how to do it for the weapons/rings, but I have no idea where to start with the armor pieces. Where can I edit the binding locations of the each armor piece?

Comment

Was wondering if someone knew the best way to implement a "Stash" container using this system. (I would like to use the existing move to container, move from container, etc. functions)

I currently setup one of the containers as a Stash (I populate the container with the players saved game Stash Inventory items) and it works great in single player.

However in multiplayer... I would like to setup this particular stash container not to replicate to other players (possibly setup a flag bool "Stash" variable for containers so it doesn't replicate and cannot be shared between players)

Any suggestions on what's the best way to do this? Thanks

Comment

How did you get the tooltip to appear wherever the Cursor is? I am trying to get a r-click menu to appear and it always shows at the top left.

Thanks

Comment

Hi, thanks for this awesome Inventory! I just bought it yesterday and I'm totally amazed!
                    Since I'm kinda "converting" it to C++, I've encountered a little problem, maybe you or someone else can help:

When I add an Item as Server, the Inventory UI gets updated instantly. When I try the same on the Client, the Client's Inventory is always one Item behind.
                    Example:
                    I pick up an Item on the Server. The Inventory shows the Item.
                    I pick up an Item on the Client. Nothing. I pick up another Item on the Client: I now see one Item in the Inventory.

Variables and components are replicated correctly last time I checked.
                    Does anyone have a clue?
                    Thanks for your time!

Comment

Originally posted by blueshifted View Post
                      Does anyone have a clue?
                      If you updating via the server you might have to use the refresh inventory slots function for the client.

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                        If you updating via the server you might have to use the refresh inventory slots function for the client.
                        Thanks for the quick answer!
                        Unfortunately, I'm already doing that.
                        It does update the Client's Inventory, but only after the second Pickup, and then, it's always one Item behind even though his Inventory shows the correct number on Server and Client. Really weird.

Comment

Originally posted by blueshifted View Post
                          Thanks for the quick answer!
                          Unfortunately, I'm already doing that.
                          It does update the Client's Inventory, but only after the second Pickup, and then, it's always one Item behind even though his Inventory shows the correct number on Server and Client. Really weird.
                          are you able to say what areas you have converted to c++ already? That might help an answer jump out if I know what areas are effected.
                          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                          Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                          Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

EDIT:
                            Could it be that I update the Client Inventory UI before the change has been replicated?

EDIT 2:
                            Tried updating the HUD with an OnRep_Function. The function fires but the Inventory still doesn't update. Guess I'll try again tomorrow since it's kinda late here.
                            Any more help is greatly appreciated, and a huge thanks for taking your time, even though I'm doing C++!

EDIT 3:
                            I made a seperate thread for the problem, since it's not 100% related to your blueprinted system and I don't want to spam this thread. If anyone wants to help, you can check it out!

Essentially the most important things to add Stuff to the Inventory and show it.
                            I have recreated the InventoryManagerComponent and an InventoryComponent, this is what I recreated in the PlayerController:
                            The whole InitializePlayer() Function.

In the InventoryManagerComponent:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	RL35ZmT.png
Views:	1
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	1132213

The Interface for PickupItems is also added and calls an AddToInventory() from the Server when I pick up stuff.
                            This is what I do in the InventoryManagerComponent when adding an Item:

Name:	kAFepJc.png
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1132214

I tried to recreate your function as good as possible. Now my actual AddToInventory() in the InventoryActorComponent is a little bit different since my Inventory does not have persistent Slots, but only creates the Slots when I have Items, and removes them when I have no Items. I don't know if the error stems from there, but since it works fine on the Server and the Inventory gets replicated correctly, I don't think it's my Inventory.

Another (maybe interesting?) note:
                            After I call the Interface Function (from the Server), which outputs "Used Item: ItemName", I output the Character's InventoryItemCount on the Screen (Locally).
                            This is what it looks like on the Server:

Name:	C5iwkba.png
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	1132216
                            This is what it looks like on the Client:

Name:	lW4MLR2.png
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	1132217

Maybe it's just because Replication takes longer than calling this Function locally, maybe it's something else? Just adding this, in case anyone encountered something similar once.
                            Last edited by blueshifted; 08-09-2017, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Anyone else has issues with using containers, when a usable or intreractable actor (NPC), is close behind the opened container view? Sometimes it works, sometimes i have to click several times to move or select things when the container is in front of such actors. Any idea how to circumvent this problem, layering (zlayer), or disabling usable status?

Comment

On 4.17 i cant add more than 2 item into the inventory in the demo. Could you please fix up this kit that it works correctly with 4.17?

Comment

Working...
                                X