Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilthar View Post
    Does anyone now if Pirate will be available in the near future? (i read that he has some personal problems).I sent an e-mail to Vanguard and PM to him here but had no answer for more than 2 weeks.
    Ask your question here. Others may be able to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaizrin View Post
      This may have been obvious to most people but the differences in naming conventions of the slots (the other enumerator called Equipment Slots) really confused me.
      This relevant function inside the InventoryLayout widget highlights how the inventory slots are counted/setup - assigned. This is also very important to have in mind when adding a store container.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EXM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	389.9 KB
ID:	1131169
      LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post
        Ask your question here. Others may be able to help.
        I need to merge the ARPGIS and A.S.S and i saw that Pirate is kind enough to provide a clean merged project. Actually i want to use the 2 systems with VAREST for persistence.I started merging myself but i face some problems so I sent the proof of ownership to Vanguard hoping to receive that project. My problems now are related to the way i need to initialize the player and UI by taking advantage of A.S.S Game State setup vs PlayerControler Initialization on ARPGIS.If someone is familiar with both systems I am glad to take any advice.Thank you in advance.

Comment

If someone is familiar with both systems I am glad to take any advice.Thank you in advance.
          You can either use the SocialGameMode (not too much content there), or manually add it to your existing gamemode blueprint. Post screenshots if you need more specific instructions. If you have trouble to setup structure variables, you might have to recreate the structure, sometimes if a node does not connect, remove a function and readd it anew. The social component goes into your existing playercontroller, and for the setup look into the social player and controller bps. There are also UMGs (widgets), which you can find via the search inside your HUD (basically a widget with your custom UI interface), add the chat window, player and party frames there too.

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
            You can either use the SocialGameMode (not too much content there), or manually add it to your existing gamemode blueprint. Post screenshots if you need more specific instructions. If you have trouble to setup structure variables, you might have to recreate the structure, sometimes if a node does not connect, remove a function and readd it anew. The social component goes into your existing playercontroller, and for the setup look into the social player and controller bps. There are also UMGs (widgets), which you can find via the search inside your HUD (basically a widget with your custom UI interface), add the chat window, player and party frames there too.
            Thank you for your info unit23, this is the error i get after merging ( chatwindow widget moved/created into HUDLayoutWidget)

Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetSocialComponent_SocialSystemReference from function: 'ExecuteUbergraph_ChatInput' from node: Client Create Message in graph: EventGraph in object: ChatInput with description: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetSocialComponent_SocialSystemReference

I think there is an issue with the focusing on windows but i cannot pinpoint it, everithing seems to be ok

Comment

Thank you for your info unit23, this is the error i get after merging ( chatwindow widget moved/created into HUDLayoutWidget)

Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetSocialComponent_SocialSystemReference from function: 'ExecuteUbergraph_ChatInput' from node: Client Create Message in graph: EventGraph in object: ChatInput with description: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetSocialComponent_SocialSystemReference

I think there is an issue with the focusing on windows but i cannot pinpoint it, everithing seems to be ok
              You followed the merge tutorial, and added the social component to your player controller? You also need to move the chat line and chat input widget, and fix any errors inside those (part of the chat window).

Comment

You followed the merge tutorial, and added the social component to your player controller? You also need to move the chat line and chat input widget, and fix any errors inside those (part of the chat window).
                I watched the tutorial for learning purpose but my project is a clean ARPGIS ( no other content or code whatsoever) on top of witch I migrated A.S.S.I Use Inventory GM ,Inventory Char,Inventory Controller, Social Game/Player State and Inventory HUD (with just the chat window added from A.S.S).All the Inventory BPs have Social Bps code with the proper references replaced.Yes the IPcontroller has the social component and interface added.Why and where do I need to move the chat line and chat Input widgets?.I tested each BP in both systems, no compiling errors.

LE: I found where the problems came from and solved them. I forgot to edit the social interface functions in Inventory player controller. (Get social component)
                Last edited by Wilthar; 07-16-2017, 03:31 AM. Reason: Solution found

Comment

LE: I found where the problems came from and solved them. I forgot to edit the social interface functions in Inventory player controller. (Get social component)
                  Great you figured it out, you can now display all messages (damage, xp, level up etc) from everywhere with a cast to your player controller, the social component message node (interface), and a receive system, local, or network message node.

Comment

Does anyone now if Pirate will be available in the near future? (i read that he has some personal problems).I sent an e-mail to Vanguard and PM to him here but had no answer for more than 2 weeks.
                    I do check my emails everyday but sometimes some addresses end up in my spam box. I am glad you were helped by others on the thread and got it sorted out (thank you again for everyone who continues to share their experience and knowledge in this thread). I do have merged projects available to people who have purchased multiple assets. I know I have not been so active recently on the forums but the assets will always be updated and maintained. Email is always the best way to reach out for support (But also this thread because so many great users have a wealth of information to share).

I have recently moved back to north america from Europe to help take care of my father so some days and weeks I am a bit preoccupied. But I am passionate about helping people make their games and achieve their goals. I will always do my best to answer emails and offer advice when asked in a timely manner.
                    \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                    Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                    Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

No worries Pirate,thank you for the answer and maybe you can send me that project when you have time.

Comment

No worries Pirate,thank you for the answer and maybe you can send me that project when you have time.
                        Please send screenshots with proof of purchase from your epic account to support@vanguardinteractive.com and I will get you a download link
                        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                        Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                        Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

This relevant function inside the InventoryLayout widget highlights how the inventory slots are counted/setup - assigned. This is also very important to have in mind when adding a store container.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]148627[/ATTACH]
                          Hope you don't mind me following up on this. Spent a couple of days trying to figure out all the relationships and I'm not 100% with whats going on. If I alter any of those slots, the inventory stops working altogether. I even tried ensuring the UI matched, I'm trying to drop to a much smaller amount total. I set the inventory variable down from 28 to I believe about 15.

Is there a proper location for me to be shrinking down the inventory? Also when I remove the slots from the ui, I got a ton of errors that are coming from the InventoryManagerComponent - so I know the problem is probably in there but I just can't find it.
                          Last edited by Vaizrin; 07-17-2017, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaizrin View Post
                            Hope you don't mind me following up on this. Spent a couple of days trying to figure out all the relationships and I'm not 100% with whats going on. If I alter any of those slots, the inventory stops working altogether. I even tried ensuring the UI matched, I'm trying to drop to a much smaller amount total. I set the inventory variable down from 28 to I believe about 15.

Is there a proper location for me to be shrinking down the inventory? Also when I remove the slots from the ui, I got a ton of errors that are coming from the InventoryManagerComponent - so I know the problem is probably in there but I just can't find it.
                            Those slots are the equipment slots, you can set the inventory size in the player controller and they will be created at run time, if you want to remove equipment slots you will also need to reduce the emu for them aswell and editor the getters for the slots.
                            Last edited by OverRated_AU; 07-18-2017, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Hey everyone,

the ARPG Inventory is awesome!
                              However, I am running into a problem I can't get fixed. When I try to start the game the character wont move or spawn. When I disable autopossess and possess the character after 1 seconds the character spawns and I can move it.
                              I really have no clue how I can fix this.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt.png
Views:	1
Size:	790.9 KB
ID:	1131364

Comment

Originally posted by Viral94 View Post
                                Hey everyone,

the ARPG Inventory is awesome!
                                However, I am running into a problem I can't get fixed. When I try to start the game the character wont move or spawn. When I disable autopossess and possess the character after 1 seconds the character spawns and I can move it.
                                I really have no clue how I can fix this.
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]149206[/ATTACH]
                                Make sure you don't have a character dropped in the world. By default the editor will override the spawn and posses. You should just have a spawn point. Since the initialization is running off the node BeginPlay It's not getting called if you possess a placed character.
                                \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Working...
                                X