No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be doing a second pass of the HUD very soon and will probably attempt to change it more to the way yours works. (I may hit you up for some help though since now you got me thinking about it!:P)

Here's how things are looking now that I have melee weapon tracing working on the AI and some various sound and movement tweaks. Still a long way to go, but yet I've come too far to stop now. :P

Comment

[MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION] I wanted to say sorry to hear about your father and hope everything is ok, I also wanted to say ty for all the hard work u have done with your marketplace assets/bp and keeping them all updated and also the forum.

Comment

Hi everyone! First of all, wanted to say thanks for the great asset! I bought it because I thought it looked amazing, didn't really need it at the time but meh

Just started using it and it's amazing, got this weird thing going on, maybe someone could help a fella out? Can't seem to attach the weapon to my infinity blade warriors hand, works on the skeleton with a weapon preview on but not in game, just attaches between my characters legs :/ Everything else goes where it is supposed to, it doesn't fit, but it's all placeholders anyways, just wanted to attach a weapon for combat testing

Comment

Originally posted by Halvdur View Post
          Hi everyone! First of all, wanted to say thanks for the great asset! I bought it because I thought it looked amazing, didn't really need it at the time but meh

Just started using it and it's amazing, got this weird thing going on, maybe someone could help a fella out? Can't seem to attach the weapon to my infinity blade warriors hand, works on the skeleton with a weapon preview on but not in game, just attaches between my characters legs :/ Everything else goes where it is supposed to, it doesn't fit, but it's all placeholders anyways, just wanted to attach a weapon for combat testing
          Does the character your using have the correct socket setup on the skeleton? If it doesn't, it will appear at the base like that. I'm also assuming your weapon is setup correctly (if you're not talking about a demo item from the inventory plugin)

Comment

Hey, [MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION].

Love the System. Concise comments over all your script and easy to follow. Been a blast learning from it. I have been having problems, however, with Miaxmo Skeletons and using the Mixamo Animation Retargetting Plugin from the Epic Marketplace. After retargetting the Mixamo assets to the provided Epic Skeleton in your package, it seems the sockets aren't all orientated correctly. Namely, everything except the MainHand, OffHand, RingRight, and RingLeft. The added sockets seem to work fine (which I manually added on the Mixamo Skeleton after retargetting - following your same hierarchy), but the equipment that has been assigned to the Epic Skeleton bones are either running along the floor with the character, or are misaligned - such as the helmet, which appears off to one side (as pictured below). I can't change the orientation of these bones since that in turn manipulates the Mesh that it's attached to. Any pointers would be grand. Please don't tell me I can't use the Inventory Character as a parent because Mixamo bones are not orientated in the same way as Epic's.

Keep up the good work!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-06-25-min.png
Views:	1
Size:	522.0 KB
ID:	1130226
            Attached Files

“A person’s life purpose is nothing more than to rediscover, through the detours of art, or love, or passionate work, those one or two images in the presence of which his heart first opened.” – Albert Camus, 1913-1960

Comment

Originally posted by DebellicA View Post
              Hey, [MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION].
              Please don't tell me I can't use the Inventory Character as a parent because Mixamo bones are not orientated in the same way as Epic's.

Keep up the good work!
              Thank you for the kind words and glad you are having a blast working on your project.
              Unfortunatley since the Inventory Skeletal Mesh example items are rigged to the unreal skeleton in an 3d art package. Because the Mixamo skeleton is different the painted weight information for the bones on the skeletal meshes are different. You will need to open up an app like blender/max/maya and repaint the weights for all the items to your custom skeleton (mixamo). It's a pretty standard to do an something all 3d artists need to know how to do. There should be a lot of tutorials on youtube as this process is not specific to unreal but it's done in all 3d animation.
              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
              Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
              Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by Halvdur View Post

Does your character have sockets like the inventory example mannequin skeleton has for MainHand and OffHand sockets? They need to be named the same as it's case sensitive.
                \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

How do I turn off the auto generation for the main character. When I integrated the system even with my thirdpersoncharacter unreal still generates loot for the character.

Comment

Originally posted by KarnageGaming View Post
                    How do I turn off the auto generation for the main character. When I integrated the system even with my thirdpersoncharacter unreal still generates loot for the character.
                    I think in the demo folder there is a starting class items data table. You'll need to edit out all 3 classes that are on there because it seems to pick a random class when you log in. Or truly fix it at in the logic that chooses the class.

Comment

Hi there,

I've watched the video to add your own items into the game world for use by the inventory system but have run into an issue. The video is easy to follow, but all the meshes are already imported into unreal 4. how do I import a skeletal mesh for my item that is already targeted for instance on the head?

Comment

I just really had to stop in and say kudos to the development of this awesome system.

Literally every time I start wondering if I can do something, the answer is not only yes - but its easy and quick to find the components I need. The learning curve was about 2 days, and to put that in perspective I just started using Unreal Engine and blue prints a week ago.

A good example - equipment slots weren't really discussed much in the tutorial. I typed equip from inventory, and there it was already to go. The hard part was figuring out what inventory slots correlated to what equipment slots so I just took a guess. slot 1 would be equip 1. Yup, thats it. I am blown away with how well thought out this system is. Worth every dollar thanks!

Comment

Just bought this and as someone that has only been using unreal for a week with no c++ background this system is insane! My original inventory system was just a simple set of arrays, this taught me so much about the editor so major kudos.

That said I'm trying to solve an issue and its definitely user side. How are equipment slots counted in the inventory system? Is the helmet 1 and the offhand 14? The entire equipment part is a bit of a mystery to me.

I'm trying to un-equip an item using this:

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	1131113

So my guess is that equipment slots are inventory slots, I just don't know where to start counting from. If helmet is 1 (which I have to guess would make sense), and my inventory is empty, it should simply unequip the helmet and put it in whatever inventory slot I told it to move to, correct? In this case that should be like the 7thish slot in my bag. The above image doesn't work for me so I assume I also messed up the blueprint.

A second question is - In the equipment slots I can't figure out how to make the offhand weapon slot accept non-off hand items. I just basically want to turn it into a storage slot for a currently equipped second weapon that can be swapped in. I assume it has to do with the file Equipment Slot Type, which I've compared to the file Equipment Slot and can't seem to figure out the relationship. When I modify these lists I've gotten dozens of errors so clearly there is something going on that I'm missing!

Update: Okay I searched for the equipment icons and discovered the references. That took me to the ui widget for the equipment which definitely helped. The head is the first inventory slot, but it starts at 0. Derp! Of course it does, that was stupid of me. Still searching for slot dependencies. My image above didn't work because my characters never had a slot 1 equipped because I was debugging so I only had a helmet on.

I'm still trying to figure out how slot dependencies work.
                          Last edited by Vaizrin; 07-14-2017, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaizrin View Post
                            Just bought this and as someone that has only been using unreal for a week with no c++ background this system is insane! My original inventory system was just a simple set of arrays, this taught me so much about the editor so major kudos.

That said I'm trying to solve an issue and its definitely user side. How are equipment slots counted in the inventory system? Is the helmet 1 and the offhand 14? The entire equipment part is a bit of a mystery to me.

I'm trying to un-equip an item using this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]148507[/ATTACH]

So my guess is that equipment slots are inventory slots, I just don't know where to start counting from. If helmet is 1 (which I have to guess would make sense), and my inventory is empty, it should simply unequip the helmet and put it in whatever inventory slot I told it to move to, correct? In this case that should be like the 7thish slot in my bag.

A second question is - In the equipment slots I can't figure out how to make the offhand weapon slot accept non-off hand items. I just basically want to turn it into a storage slot for a currently equipped second weapon that can be swapped in. I assume it has to do with the file Equipment Slot Type, which I've compared to the file Equipment Slot and can't seem to figure out the relationship. When I modify these lists I've gotten dozens of errors so clearly there is something going on that I'm missing!
                            The inventory slots begin with the count of the equipment slots (equipment slots count as inventory slots eventually). You can see the equipment slots setup in the Equipment Inventory Component blueprint. Those are always counted first, then added, your bag slots.

Name:	ARPG2.jpg
Size:	528.8 KB
ID:	1131117
                            Above the off-hand slot is either 13 or 14.

Name:	ARPG1.jpg
Size:	419.0 KB
ID:	1131118
                            To circumvent certain types of weapon types for a specific slot, inside the Inventory Manager Component, i suggest to add to the Equip Item function, another branch check for the off-hand slot number against the newly dragged item equipment type.
                            LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                              The inventory slots begin with the count of the equipment slots (equipment slots count as inventory slots eventually). You can see the equipment slots setup in the Equipment Inventory Component blueprint. Those are always counted first, then added, your bag slots.

Above the off-hand slot is either 13 or 14.

To circumvent certain types of weapon types for a specific slot, inside the Inventory Manager Component, i suggest to add to the Equip Item function, another branch check for the off-hand slot number against the newly dragged item equipment type.
                              Of course its located in the Inventory Management Component, thank you! I just assumed this entire time that the equipment by slot types was hidden someone in another part. This makes so much sense now as does your other explanation, I really appreciate the help.

Update:
                              Further Explenation

Okay so in case anyone else was confused by this I just want to share the two locations below in the Inventory Management Component that handles slot types. Local Equipment Slot Type will be the enumerator that handles what can be equipped there and currently its set to just match, but there are three locations in total that you need to change the logic if you want it to be handled differently. The screenshots below are all three locations on the Inventory Management Component that is currently handling this - specifically in the equip item and unequip item functions. Finally bringing this all together is that the enumerator called EquipmentSlotType is what indeed handles the equipment slot type.

This may have been obvious to most people but the differences in naming conventions of the slots (the other enumerator called Equipment Slots) really confused me.

Name:	example 1.PNG
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	1131132

Name:	Example 2.PNG
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	1131133
                              Last edited by Vaizrin; 07-14-2017, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Does anyone now if Pirate will be available in the near future? (i read that he has some personal problems).I sent an e-mail to Vanguard and PM to him here but had no answer for more than 2 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X