• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	sada1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	1124648
    Why am I experiencing such an error every time I open the project? I didn't see a problem in the game.

FIXED: I moved the files and changed their names, the problem was solved.
    Last edited by Emrehan; 03-13-2017, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Is there a variable of the inventory items? Like a TArray that is replicated and I can serialize the inventory data to save/load in a multiplayer environment? Also, where do I go to load the player data (I want to load from JSON).

Comment

Hey,

I would really like to know if there is any really good documentation available for this which would help with porting this for gamepad use?

Comment

Originally posted by LeamDelaney View Post
          Hey,

I would really like to know if there is any really good documentation available for this which would help with porting this for gamepad use?
          There are some tutorials for setting up UMG to respond for controllers on youtube. When I get home I will try to find it and update the post. Most of the changes you would make would be in the UMG editor itself I believe. Core changes to the Inventory itself would not be needed for controller support.

The logic on the UI for clicking (using)the items is found on the slot widgets event graph and is very basic.
          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
          Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
          Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by poke1103 View Post
            Is there a variable of the inventory items? Like a TArray that is replicated and I can serialize the inventory data to save/load in a multiplayer environment? Also, where do I go to load the player data (I want to load from JSON).
            The inventory components have functions to get all the items or load in intems easily. You just need to make sure the server is doing it.

For an example on loading items if you look in the InventoryPlayerController in the InitializePlayer function you will see where it calles a function to load the starting items. You would want to change that function to instead read thr data from a json object instead of the example datatable. But looking at that function will show you how to load items and equipment on start up.
            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
            Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
            Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Has anyone managed to add tabs or some other way to organize items with this inventory. I'm going to have to do it soon. If anyone has done it do you have any tips or things to keep in mind that might save me some time?

Comment

Originally posted by KrunkFu View Post
                Has anyone managed to add tabs or some other way to organize items with this inventory. I'm going to have to do it soon. If anyone has done it do you have any tips or things to keep in mind that might save me some time?
                If your talking about item filters? then yes.

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                  This bug may break InventoryLayout (removes Inventory content from main HUD widget) https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...um-broken.html

Temp fix, upon project restart, remove and readd InventoryLayout (rename to Inventory), or use Preview 3 build from GitHub (speculative fix)

Still investigating

Added bug report

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-to-break.html
                  Actually what fixed the breaking of the widget for me, was to move the hotbar widget into another one, instead to be part of the InventoryLayout. Somehow that randomly caused the InventoryLayout to break with a REINST error.
                  LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                    Yes as Tylrin says.

Also I have just had epic update the 4.15 files so starting now, new projects made in 4.15 and newer versions will have the windows drag-able by default again (now that the engine bug is fixed).
                    Would you be so nice and list all affected files you changed, thanks.
                    LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                      Would you be so nice and list all affected files you changed, thanks.
                      You are right I should have done this but it didn't seem worthy of update notes as it was just a simple change.

For the 4.15 version download all I did was change the Equipment/Inventory/Container Window widgets boolean IsWindowLocked from TRUE to FALSE so that the windows are drag-able by default again now that Epic fixed the bug in 4.15.
                      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Hi, i just want to ask a quickly question. How did you extracted the equipment of the character? I can see its from the Infinity Blade: Warriors, but in the pack the assets you included in the inventory system are applied in the material, they havent got assets. I think you understood me, sorry for bad english

Comment

Originally posted by angelhodar View Post
                          Hi, i just want to ask a quickly question. How did you extracted the equipment of the character? I can see its from the Infinity Blade: Warriors, but in the pack the assets you included in the inventory system are applied in the material, they havent got assets. I think you understood me, sorry for bad english
                          I created new model assets from loading the Infinity Blade models in a 3D package and saving them out in pieces.
                          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Would be nice to have a new video of integrating it to our project since i saw a lot of the component are corrupt since change of the version of editor

Comment

Hey so how do I add new items? My friend has been skin binding the mesh then parenting the mesh to the bone we want it to be attached to. However, it just shows up at the root of the player (between his feet) how do I fix this? We have been working on this for a week now.
                              Last edited by poke1103; 03-28-2017, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by poke1103 View Post
                                Hey so how do I add new items? My friend has been skin binding the mesh then parenting the mesh to the bone we want it to be attached to. However, it just shows up at the root of the player (between his feet) how do I fix this? We have been working on this for a week now.
                                I took a look at the fbx you sent me and the issue is that with with weapons you need to make them a skeletal mesh by creating a simple skeleton for them. This way unreal uses the root bone of the weapons mesh to align with the socket in the players hand.

When you are making items that you wear you need to skin them to the skeleton.

Here is an old post in this thread with information on how to setup weapons (Melee and Guns) based on how Epic setup their skeletal mesh weapons. At two minutes into the video it goes over how to setup a simple skeleton for your weapon and export properly for unreal.

I hope that helps.
                                Last edited by Pirate; 03-28-2017, 09:59 PM.
                                \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Working...
                                X