Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    It's because epic changed that node recently to want a Playercontroller input.

    If this is the node in the InventoryHUD you can just remove the node as the InventoryPlayerController sets this Input Mode already during the InitializePlayer function. Or simply get controller and plug it into the node as the error is asking you to do.
    Yeah that done the trick

    Comment


      Originally posted by Tylrin View Post
      Almost done merging the ActionRPGInventory System with the Character Stats Kit from Panda Studios.
      The Inventory does no effect the stats yet , but I am still working on it.

      Here is a Link to my video.

      https://youtu.be/tx6f0hwza94
      Man i could sure use your help! Im trying to get these two assets to work together. Ive banged my head silly against this wall trying to figure out whats stopping them from working. I set it up like the panda video showed (and tried a bunch more ideas myself) but I cant seem to get it working. Any tips or pointers or anything would be sooooo useful!

      Comment


        Originally posted by VikingMike85 View Post
        Man i could sure use your help! Im trying to get these two assets to work together. Ive banged my head silly against this wall trying to figure out whats stopping them from working. I set it up like the panda video showed (and tried a bunch more ideas myself) but I cant seem to get it working. Any tips or pointers or anything would be sooooo useful!
        I will make a proper documentation in the future, that I will post in the Character Stats Kit forum ,were I explain what I did.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Tylrin View Post
          I will make a proper documentation in the future, that I will post in the Character Stats Kit forum ,were I explain what I did.
          You would be my hero!!! I thought even after the tutorial didn't work at all (For character stats) that it would be as simple as to putting the StatsUMG in the HUD, putting in an on pressed make visible, hook up the StatsUMG ref to the new ref from the Inventory Player Character and walla. But I get the widget to open fine, but it doesnt populate the information. Whether I follow the tutorial or add it to the HUD and make my own reference to the UMG and cast to it from the player character to hook into the setup node, i cant seem to get the darn StatsUMG ref to work.

          Im really looking forward to that documentation or even a blip of a comment as to what direction I should look into!
          Thanks so much Tylrin!

          Comment


            Well there will be awesome stuff and multiplayer trading with player without dropping on the floor or just delete if drag off the screen, anyways will be grate too for multiplayer addon to make dungeon loot system like in WoW

            Comment


              Originally posted by Demonith View Post
              Well there will be awesome stuff and multiplayer trading with player without dropping on the floor or just delete if drag off the screen, anyways will be grate too for multiplayer addon to make dungeon loot system like in WoW
              All of those features are fairly simple to add in on your own, just like adding in a character portrait :P.

              Comment


                Well i trying to get that but some how its hard for me to do gat character to look in equipment but its not updating items that i caring.
                Also its hard to work alone..
                Last edited by Demonith; 02-22-2017, 08:24 AM.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Demonith View Post
                  Well i trying to get that but some how its hard for me to do gat character to look in equipment but its not updating items that i caring.
                  Also its hard to work alone..
                  when you OnRep your items you also need to set those on your preview character.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

                    Noooooice!
                    \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

                    Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                    Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                    Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

                    Comment


                      http://i.imgur.com/VO3w8TQ.png

                      I went through the video tutorial and after this comes up whenever I try to press "I" to open the inventory.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by poke1103 View Post
                        http://i.imgur.com/VO3w8TQ.png

                        I went through the video tutorial and after this comes up whenever I try to press "I" to open the inventory.
                        It looks like the InventoryUI reference is null. This is set during the InitializePlayer function in the InventoryPlayerController. Please double check it's reading a valid reference.

                        The InventoryHUD class loads the HUDLayout UMG widget and the InventoryPlayerController reads this from the HUD class to set the InventoryUI reference (of the HUDLayout widget) in the InventoryManagerComponent.

                        It is possible your same mode is not loading the InventoryHUD class. If you double check those two areas it ahould be easy to spot what's causing the reference to not be valid.

                        If you are still having issues please email us at our support email so I can help you quicker.
                        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

                        Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                        Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                        Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                          It looks like the InventoryUI reference is null. This is set during the InitializePlayer function in the InventoryPlayerController. Please double check it's reading a valid reference.

                          The InventoryHUD class loads the HUDLayout UMG widget and the InventoryPlayerController reads this from the HUD class to set the InventoryUI reference (of the HUDLayout widget) in the InventoryManagerComponent.

                          It is possible your same mode is not loading the InventoryHUD class. If you double check those two areas it ahould be easy to spot what's causing the reference to not be valid.

                          If you are still having issues please email us at our support email so I can help you quicker.
                          I'm not using InventoryPlayerController. I have my own controller.

                          This is my begin play:
                          1. http://i.imgur.com/XWEwGpU.png
                          2 (continuation).
                          http://i.imgur.com/5rLv3R0.png

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                            It looks like the InventoryUI reference is null. This is set during the InitializePlayer function in the InventoryPlayerController. Please double check it's reading a valid reference.

                            The InventoryHUD class loads the HUDLayout UMG widget and the InventoryPlayerController reads this from the HUD class to set the InventoryUI reference (of the HUDLayout widget) in the InventoryManagerComponent.

                            It is possible your same mode is not loading the InventoryHUD class. If you double check those two areas it ahould be easy to spot what's causing the reference to not be valid.

                            If you are still having issues please email us at our support email so I can help you quicker.
                            So I realized now that it's not even calling the begin play method of my controller class:

                            http://i.imgur.com/PNh0lFK.png

                            That print statement isn't even being displayed. I checked the game mode though and it is using that bp.

                            Edit 1:
                            The constructor (construction script) seems to execute fine? Should I just do this initialization in the constructor instead? About to test.

                            Edit 2:
                            Same resulting error... the Inventory widget is null.

                            Edit 3:

                            I figured it out!! My controller is in a C++ version and the beginplay function wasn't calling the superclass function. So evidently if you don't call Super::BeginPlay(); in C++ it won't fire the BP version of the function. I'm assuming this is the same for all events actually. Hopefully this helps others in the future lol.

                            Edit 4:
                            Now the problem is the same with the bag (B)
                            http://i.imgur.com/Flzw3AX.png

                            I got the equipment to open up by pressing (I).

                            http://i.imgur.com/zunGKQq.png

                            Edit 5:

                            Nevermind, I'm dumb it was working after adding the Super::BeginPlay(); in C++
                            The Inventory was anchored to the right side of the screen so I couldn't see it until I was in full screen mode.
                            Last edited by poke1103; 02-26-2017, 07:07 PM.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by poke1103 View Post
                              it was working after adding the Super::BeginPlay(); in C++
                              The Inventory was anchored to the right side of the screen so I couldn't see it until I was in full screen mode.
                              Glad you got it all working
                              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

                              Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                              Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                              Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                                Glad you got it all working
                                Do you happen to have a video tutorial on how to setup items? Like picking them up...etc?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X