• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    Is this for loading off a database ?
    Yes, with Gamesparkz.

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    .. you will also need to push those change to the client when the stash is opened
    But why do those changes appear when i click somewhere else besides the Stash window?
    LEGENDS OF EPICA | CS - SPACE ALPHA

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
      Yes, with Gamesparkz.

But why do those changes appear when i click somewhere else besides the Stash window?
      Is your game a mobile game? have you tired adding a small delay to give the stash time to load and does it get loaded on game start?
      Last edited by OverRated_AU; 01-10-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Yes, with Gamesparkz.

without seeing your logic in your project, I have no idea why it's not updating until you click.
        When you open the container in the ARPGIS InventoryManagerComponent it tells the Client to open the window and populate it with the icons for the items on the servers container inventory automatically.

There is something in your logic delaying or preventing an update from happening but I can't see what would be causing it. unless it's waiting on gamespark and gamespark is waiting on a click to populate the container.

Please send me some screenshots of your logic to the support email.
        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
        Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
        Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
          without seeing your logic in your project, I have no idea why it's not updating until you click.
          Thanks for your response, but i was able to resolve this issue with loading the stash once, prior to first interaction.

Comment

Currently try to figure out the best way to handle currency transactions, i posted a question in the General forum, ideas are welcome,

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...435#post650435

Comment

Version 1.8 - Submitted - Jan 19th 2017
              ------- Update Notes -------

Added a new function to make it easier for people to now check for and/or remove a specified amount of an item from an inventory.

[InventoryManagerComponent]
              - Added new public function called CheckInventoryForItemAmount().
              - Added new public function called TryToRemoveItemFromInventory().
              The reason these are public and not server events like most of the ways you interact with the IMC is because they return a value.
              Just remember you must be calling these as the server (Same as the TryToAddItemToInventory) for them to work.
              Last edited by Pirate; 01-19-2017, 06:54 PM.
              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
              Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
              Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Not entirely sure yet but this crash might be related https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...#answer-550000

Comment

Not entirely sure yet but this crash might be related https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...#answer-550000
                  The arpgis just uses the normal unreal skeleton not anything specific.
                  If you are experiencing a crash it's engine related not asset related.
                  \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

I tried putting the mesh to collide (Clickable -Block) so instead of the Target Capsule to be kinda more real. However when I play in the editor it works just fine (target focus shows up, etc). On live game (with dedi server) it seems that it does not collide at all. I tried adding back the Target Capsule and works fine. Cant mesh (non-static, since the items are static and do collide) have collisions or something with the tracechannel in ue4? Character meshes specifically mmh

Comment

If I want to add another storage/container type, e.g. a Shop. How would I do that? Inherit from Inventory Component, like equipment inventory does, or do I need to do something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruhrpottpatiot View Post
                        If I want to add another storage/container type, e.g. a Shop. How would I do that? Inherit from Inventory Component, like equipment inventory does, or do I need to do something else?
                        Override the OnUsed and create new functions (copypaste with new name) and a new hud that will be the one to load, supposing it will be a vendor for example. On my vendor I think I only used inventory component added to the Actor AI/Npc

Comment

Originally posted by Namesis View Post
                          On my vendor I think I only used inventory component added to the Actor AI/Npc
                          Sounds reasonable. But how would I implement a "CanBuy()" check? I thought about adding it in the "ShopInventoryComponent", since putting it in the UI doesn't really fit.

Comment

Sounds reasonable. But how would I implement a "CanBuy()" check? I thought about adding it in the "ShopInventoryComponent", since putting it in the UI doesn't really fit.
                            Well the ItemStruct (ItemList actually) has a Price integer. I just added the price/cost of the item there, then pulled it from the MakeInventoryStruct or something (you will see what I mean if you follow the OnUsed functions, when loading the item info). Regarding the canbuy, you will have the price of the item, and already have the Gold currency in the Kit, so its just some simple substraction and check if user has the money, etc. I'm quite sure you'll make it. You will also have to remove the part (function) that removes the item from the container (in your new functions) so when people buy the item, it will not disappear from the container.
                            Attached Files

Comment

To make a proper vender system your better of making a new actor being a child of the usable actor, a vender system doesn't need to have a inventory component.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll go with the usable actor child.

Another question regarding player abilities. My train of thought was to create a child of usable actor for each ability and list them in an ability vendor. If the character buys an ability it gets stored in a separate ability inventory. He then can select n abilities from the inventory. This inventory is a separate inventory component inheriting from InventoryComponent (just like equipment is handled) with the functions specific to abilities.
                                Would this be a viable solution, or am I over engineering this?

Comment

Working...
                                X