No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just purchased, i can't find any tutorial on adding / removing items via blueprint.

I have a shop system set up yet I can't figure out how to add / remove items directly using blueprint?

Thanks

Comment

Hello. There is probably a simple answer, but I still want to consult here. How can I add a new variable into InventoryStruct? When I add a new variable into InventoryStruct, it gives many errors. I want to add new values to the items, but I have to find a safe way to do this. What is the road to follow?

Comment

If you change the structure, you have to recompile all the blueprints that use it. That will sort out any editor errors, usually.

If your errors are cook errors, then you have to fix each one and recook. If all else fails (as it often does for me) there is the nuclear option: delete saved, intermediate, binaries, re-generate VS files, recompile in VS.

Errors from structure changes is an engine quirk (bug, imo).

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Demonith View Post
          IS there a way to make when droping some kind of items from inventory to be in bag or crate to be created and set timer for 2min destroy ?
          Anyone can some one help

Comment

Anyone can some one help
            If you want the dropped item to self destroy after 2 min, you can set the actor lifespan to 120 seconds

WIP Thread

Comment

Good afternoon ! Two days ago, I sent a letter in the mail support with the project file, which does not work your prilozhenie.Kak skaoro me to wait for an answer? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                If you change the structure, you have to recompile all the blueprints that use it. That will sort out any editor errors, usually.

If your errors are cook errors, then you have to fix each one and recook. If all else fails (as it often does for me) there is the nuclear option: delete saved, intermediate, binaries, re-generate VS files, recompile in VS.

Errors from structure changes is an engine quirk (bug, imo).
                Thank you for your help. I did what you said and I used the nuclear option on it. It worked!

Comment

Originally posted by Emrehan View Post
                  Thank you for your help. I did what you said and I used the nuclear option on it. It worked!
                  Deleting the Saved/Intermediate folder is not really nuclear and is a good way to solve editor issues after the editor crashes.
                  You will only need to regenerate VS files if yours is a code project.

It is also what I always do before trying to cook. Because for some reason the cooking process gets tripped up on old cache and it resolves random cook fails that occur for no real reason.

Epic really needs to clean up these bugs lol
                  \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                  Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                  Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by banzai79 View Post
                    Good afternoon ! Two days ago, I sent a letter in the mail support with the project file, which does not work your prilozhenie.Kak skaoro me to wait for an answer? Thank you
                    I am sorry your Russian email was classified as spam by my email service. I have found the email now and will take a look and get back to you by email.
                    \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                    Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                    Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                      If you want the dropped item to self destroy after 2 min, you can set the actor lifespan to 120 seconds
                      Yes but item what i drop not showing at all i wish to be shown and then if not picked it self destroy

Comment

Yes but item what i drop not showing at all i wish to be shown and then if not picked it self destroy
                        And the item is set to isDroppable and has a world mesh assigned?

Please send me a support email and I can help you 1 on 1 with the issue to help you resolve it quickly.
                        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

I've got storing of items pretty much working, but a stash i setup, items are not properly loaded. I have to click somewhere in the screen or reopen the stash to make the items visible. The stash is loaded on open container. What exactly is called when i click with the mouse somewhere in the screen, or ideas how to properly load the stash items?

And since the AddItem functions are set to private, is it "okay" to use the struct item upon loading items, and setting the amount that way, elsewhere?
                          Last edited by unit23; 01-09-2017, 10:56 PM.
                          LEGENDS OF EPICA | CS - SPACE ALPHA

Comment

Is item in "ItemList" set = Droppable?

Comment

[MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION] since you release Inventory addons from time to time, are there any plans for a vendor addon? What can we expect next?

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                                I've got storing of items pretty much working, but a stash i setup, items are not properly loaded. I have to click somewhere in the screen or reopen the stash to make the items visible. The stash is loaded on open container. What exactly is called when i click with the mouse somewhere in the screen, or ideas how to properly load the stash items?

And since the AddItem functions are set to private, is it "okay" to use the struct item upon loading items, and setting the amount that way, elsewhere?
                                Is this for loading off a database ? if your adding items to a stash when its not being viewed, you will also need to push those change to the client when the stash is opened, the IMC functions are only set to private so people dont call them out of class, if you plan on extending the framework of the inventory you mite need to change a few of these functions to public or protected.
                                Last edited by OverRated_AU; 01-10-2017, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X