Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    Glad that helpped, epic states this isn't a bug its more a design flaw in UMG, as long as your slots are still showing within the widget with the issue recompiling should be the only thing you need to do to clear the issue.
    After restarting or crash the error is back.
    LEGENDS OF EPICA | CS - SPACE ALPHA

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
      After restarting or crash the error is back.
      Did you add the Get Data Table Row Node back ? you will have to pass the variables you need from the IMC instead of pulling them within UMG.

Comment

Did you add the Get Data Table Row Node back ? you will have to pass the variables you need from the IMC instead of pulling them within UMG.
        Are you saying that the original 1.7 reference should be changed? I use the default setup, without any edits.

This does include the GetTable node.

Are you saying that i should not use the GetTable node?

The above fix was working without issues, until restart or crash. Unfortunately the editor frequently crashes when editing BlendSpaces.

Comment

Are you saying that the original 1.7 reference should be changed? I use the default setup, without any edits.

This does include the GetTable node.

Are you saying that i should not use the GetTable node?

The above fix was working without issues, until restart or crash. Unfortunately the editor frequently crashes when editing BlendSpaces.
          Yes this is a bug with 1.7 that pirate probably missed in his short time testing it, In the IMC where you set inventory slot item, you will need to move that node there and pass the data from the IMC to the inventory slot, i recommend making a new structure for these static variables which you can then pass to UMG.

Comment

Yes this is a bug with 1.7 that pirate probably missed in his short time testing it, In the IMC where you set inventory slot item, you will need to move that node there and pass the data from the IMC to the inventory slot, i recommend making a new structure for these static variables which you can then pass to UMG.
            Thanks for pointing out that the current issue with REINST affects all ARPGIS users. I rather wait for the official "fix", before i begin messing around, as someone who has two left hands when it comes to programming.

Comment

Thanks for pointing out that the current issue with REINST affects all ARPGIS users. I rather wait for the official "fix", before i begin messing around, as someone who has two left hands when it comes to programming.
              I'm currently out at the moment if pirate hasn't posted a fix by the time I'm home ill detail how to fix this issue for you.

Comment

This error log entry, is this because i attach the MainHand mesh to a different socket, without updating? Possibly so, any recommendations to avoid that? Should i rather hide the mesh while mounted?

LogSkinnedMeshComp:Warning: GetSocketByName(None: MainHand): No SkeletalMesh for MainHand
                This seems to avoid the problem:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	mounting.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	1120907
                Last edited by unit23; 01-04-2017, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ViGamesStudio View Post
                  Thank you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Demonith View Post
                    I have little problem here plz help me around
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]123682[/ATTACH]
                    Can some one help me out with this plz

Comment

Originally posted by Demonith View Post
                      Can some one help me out with this plz
                      Looks like you just need to remove the redundent node in the InventoryUI or hookup a playercontroller reference. This is just a change to the node in unreals update.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post623996
                      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Yes it looks like accessing datatables in UMG is buggy. I will have to do a hotfix that uses an interface call to access this data then.

I will post instructions as soon as the hotfix is ready.
                        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                        Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                        Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Version 1.7.1 ToolTip Hotfix - Updated Jan 4th 2017
                          ------- Update Notes -------

This hotfix moves the GetDataTableRow node outside of the UMG widgets and replaces them with an Interface Call on the player controller to avoid any potential blueprint compiler stuff ups.

I will be also linking these notes in the original 1.7 update patch notes at the end of the steps to create the new tool tip system.

[InventoryHUDInterface]
                          - Added new interface function called UI_Get_ToolTip_Info.
                          - Added an Input Param called ItemID of Name type.
                          - Added an Output Param called InventoryItem of InventoryItem Struct type.

[InventoryPlayerController]
                          - Added logic for implementation of the new UI_Get_ToolTip_Info interface function.

[Inventory_Slot]
                          - Changed the logic in the GetToolTipWidget() function and replaced GetDataTableRow node to use the new UI_Get_ToolTip_Info interface message call.

[Container_Slot]
                          - Changed the logic in the GetToolTipWidget() function and replaced GetDataTableRow node to use the new UI_Get_ToolTip_Info interface message call.

[HotBar_Slot]

Thank you for the bug reports:
                          [MENTION=301883]DiziART[/MENTION] [MENTION=31112]unit23[/MENTION]
                          Last edited by Pirate; 01-05-2017, 01:53 PM.
                          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

NEW FIX - Good job, my friend)
                            one bug in trace logic. If phisycs - ON. If hit item, and item change location, trace work to last position. Can use this item only stand on old position item.

Comment

Background image's change very easy. Don't create Get_Brush. I change all buttons, and BG slot - all good working

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                                Version 1.7.1 ToolTip Hotfix - Submitted Jan 4th 2017
                                ------- Update Notes -------

This hotfix moves the GetDataTableRow node outside of the UMG widgets and replaces them with an Interface Call on the player controller to avoid any potential blueprint compiler stuff ups.
                                After adding the new interface message, i had to restart the editor, then all Equipment slots were gone, but after re-adding and PIE, inventory system no longer works, getting lot of these errors

Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Attempted to access missing property. If this is a packaged/cooked build, are you attempting to use an editor-only property? from function: 'LoadInventory' from node: Clear Children in graph: LoadInventory in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Attempted to access missing property. If this is a packaged/cooked build, are you attempting to use an editor-only property?
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property Inventory from function: 'LoadInventory' from node: Clear Children in graph: LoadInventory in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property Inventory
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None from function: 'LoadInventory' from node: Clear Children in graph: LoadInventory in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Accessed None
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Attempted to access missing property. If this is a packaged/cooked build, are you attempting to use an editor-only property? from function: 'AddInventorySlot' from node: Branch in graph: AddInventorySlot in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Attempted to access missing property. If this is a packaged/cooked build, are you attempting to use an editor-only property?
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Attempted to access missing property. If this is a packaged/cooked build, are you attempting to use an editor-only property? from function: 'AddInventorySlot' from node: Set ItemInformation in graph: AddInventorySlot in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Attempted to access missing property. If this is a packaged/cooked build, are you attempting to use an editor-only property?
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item from function: 'AddInventorySlot' from node: Set ItemInformation in graph: AddInventorySlot in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Attempted to assign to None from function: 'AddInventorySlot' from node: Set ItemInformation in graph: AddInventorySlot in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Attempted to assign to None

Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item from function: 'CloseEquipmentWindow' from node: Set IsSlotHovered in graph: CloseEquipmentWindow in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Attempted to access missing property. If this is a packaged/cooked build, are you attempting to use an editor-only property? from function: 'CloseEquipmentWindow' from node: Set IsRightMouseButtonDown in graph: CloseEquipmentWindow in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Attempted to access missing property. If this is a packaged/cooked build, are you attempting to use an editor-only property?
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item from function: 'CloseEquipmentWindow' from node: Set IsRightMouseButtonDown in graph: CloseEquipmentWindow in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Attempted to access missing property. If this is a packaged/cooked build, are you attempting to use an editor-only property? from function: 'CloseEquipmentWindow' from node: Set IsSlotHovered in graph: CloseEquipmentWindow in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Attempted to access missing property. If this is a packaged/cooked build, are you attempting to use an editor-only property?
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item from function: 'CloseEquipmentWindow' from node: Set IsSlotHovered in graph: CloseEquipmentWindow in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item

Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property Inventory from function: 'OpenInventoryWindow' from node: Set InventoryVisible in graph: OpenInventoryWindow in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property Inventory
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Attempted to assign to None from function: 'OpenInventoryWindow' from node: Set InventoryVisible in graph: OpenInventoryWindow in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Attempted to assign to None

Comment

Working...
                                X