Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    Not sure, sometimes the launcher caching is buggy. I would click on the ARPGIS in your vault and delete it so that the launcher has to redownload it. the 1.7 update is also only available for 4.13+ so if you don't have 4.13 or 4.14 installed maybe it won't let you download it?

    The manual steps are only for people who already merged into a project where it would be too much work for them to remerge.
    So I provide the steps so they can make the updates themselves.
    So the option is 'Remove Local Content'?
    Will that cause any issues? I don't know if it will have lots of broken references etc when I do that and will I have to manually fix things up? If it works fine and I get the 1.7 version, will any edits I've done to any of the scripts be lost? I had to follow your tutorials to get it integrated into my project (4.14) in the first place and I wouldn't want to have to do any of that again!

    Cheers

    Comment


      Originally posted by dazuk1978 View Post
      So the option is 'Remove Local Content'?
      Will that cause any issues? I don't know if it will have lots of broken references etc when I do that and will I have to manually fix things up? If it works fine and I get the 1.7 version, will any edits I've done to any of the scripts be lost? I had to follow your tutorials to get it integrated into my project (4.14) in the first place and I wouldn't want to have to do any of that again!

      Cheers
      I think you misunderstand. The update would be in new projects you create from the ARPGIS downloaded content.
      It won't update the code inside your own projects automatically if there is an update. It will only update the Local Content for the launcher for the asset. Sometimes you need to remove the Local Content and re-download it to get updates from Epic because the launcher is buggy. If you create a new project with the ARPGIS you should see the updated version.

      That's why you would need to follow the steps to make the changes you want if you had merged a previous version.

      The changes are quite simplistic and the steps are fully outlined so you shouldn't need to re-merge at all. But you will still have to do a little work yourself then.
      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

      Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

      Comment


        Originally posted by Pirate View Post
        I think you misunderstand. The update would be in new projects you create from the ARPGIS downloaded content.
        It won't update the code inside your own projects automatically if there is an update. It will only update the Local Content for the launcher for the asset. Sometimes you need to remove the Local Content and re-download it to get updates from Epic because the launcher is buggy. If you create a new project with the ARPGIS you should see the updated version.

        That's why you would need to follow the steps to make the changes you want if you had merged a previous version.

        The changes are quite simplistic and the steps are fully outlined so you shouldn't need to re-merge at all. But you will still have to do a little work yourself then.
        Ah I see. So I'll remove local content and re-get it to get the 1.7 version, then I can follow all your steps to get the latest changes working.
        Okay, that's cool.
        Just listen out for my cries of help when I inevitably **** things up

        Cheers

        Comment


          Originally posted by dazuk1978 View Post
          Ah I see. So I'll remove local content and re-get it to get the 1.7 version, then I can follow all your steps to get the latest changes working.
          Okay, that's cool.
          Just listen out for my cries of help when I inevitably **** things up

          Cheers
          You can also cross reference the change log with a new project you create that already has the changes implemented.
          That should help you if the screenshots aren't enough to show you want to do in your own project where you already merged the previous version.
          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

          Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
          Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
          Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

          Comment


            Originally posted by Emrehan View Post
            Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I created a radio button for the crafting panel, and I connected it to the datatable so that the items automatically generated in the widget. In the same way, Crafting Informations come from the Data Table and Crafting progress starts when i press the button.

            http://i.imgur.com/UqcQ4VR.jpg

            How can I access the total amount value of item (example apple) that are scattered in different slots in the inventory?

            Comment


              Originally posted by Pirate View Post
              You can also cross reference the change log with a new project you create that already has the changes implemented.
              That should help you if the screenshots aren't enough to show you want to do in your own project where you already merged the previous version.
              I have removed the old version from the vault, and got the new one and can see that it has the 1.7 changes.
              I opened up my project and obviously nothing has changed, as expected.
              So now I'll have to go through your changelist and copy the new versions of the files over to my own project, right?
              I feel like I'm gonna miss some change somewhere doing it this manually. Am I missing something or is this just how it has to be?

              Thx, and sorry for the basic questions. I just wanna make sure I'm doing it right!
              For the record, I haven't made many changes to the default scripts anyway. I've just added a few new items etc.

              EDIT:
              For instance, here's a snippet from your changelog:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	inv1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	1120894

              So the bits where you say the file you've edited, and then the stuff you've changed/removed from it. Will I have to go into that and delete/change those too? It seems I will if I'm doing it manually? I could of course just wholesale migrate it all again but I'd have to go through all the Merge stuff again and spend a couple of hours doing it which I don't fancy.
              I'm probably making more of this than I need to (and I'm not complaining by the way) but as I said I want to make sure I'm not wasting more time than I need to and do it without errors due to manually editing lots of files etc
              Last edited by dazuk1978; 01-03-2017, 05:27 PM.

              Comment


                I have little problem here plz help me around
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	1120891

                Comment


                  Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                  When you hover over the child widget do you see a REINST?

                  Hello OverRated, thanks for posting this screenshot, because i initially thought this REINST issue would show as an error, not in form of a sneaky hovering tooltip message. Yes i have this issue in my equipment widget, besides not touching that widget at all.
                  LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                    Hello OverRated, thanks for posting this screenshot, because i initially thought this REINST issue would show as an error, not in form of a sneaky hovering tooltip message. Yes i have this issue in my equipment widget, besides not touching that widget at all.
                    What version of the inventory are you using? and have you added any logic into the inventory slot widget?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                      What version of the inventory are you using? and have you added any logic into the inventory slot widget?
                      I use 1.7 based on a merged version with the TopDownKit. While i was figuring out how to best replace slot backgrounds, i've altered the background brush. Other than that, and manual 1.7 upgrade instructions, there were no edits/additions to that widget.

                      It is unclear how to resolve the issue, i already tried to remove all my additions (buttons and functions), from inventory. Currently going through the inventory slot, trying to spot some differences.

                      By far one of the most confusing errors so far.
                      Last edited by unit23; 01-03-2017, 08:36 PM.
                      LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                        I use 1.7 based on a merged version with the TopDownKit. While i was figuring out how to best replace slot backgrounds, i've altered the background brush. Other than that, and manual 1.7 upgrade instructions, there were no edits/additions to that widget.
                        In your inventory slot widget have you changed the tooltip to pull the static variables from the data table?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                          In your inventory slot widget have you changed the tooltip to pull the static variables from the data table?
                          It is the same as the one from the 1.7 reference project. Only change is an addition to the InventoryItem array (which is not used).

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	xxxxx.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	442.3 KB
ID:	1120903
                          LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                            It is the same as the one from the 1.7 reference project. Only change is an addition to the InventoryItem array (which is not used).

                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]123708[/ATTACH]
                            Try removing the Get Data Table Row then recompile and save then restart your project then see if the problem is fixed, i had a similar experience when i tired that method.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                              Try removing the Get Data Table Row then recompile and save then restart your project then see if the problem is fixed, i had a similar experience when i tired that method.
                              Okay, this resolved the issue actually. Thanks OverRated! This Unreal Engine Bug, hard to pin this down when there is literally no debugging possibility, and no visible alert message.

                              I was able to resolve this, with above hint from OverRated, to remove the GetTable node, then i quit. Reopened, and had to re-add the slots, and variables inside Equipment widget. It might be enough to just delete the node, and readding it without the extra steps.

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	mix.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	421.6 KB
ID:	1120904
                              LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                                Okay, this resolved the issue actually. Thanks OverRated! This Unreal Engine Bug, hard to pin this down when there is literally no debugging possibility, and no visible alert message.

                                I was able to resolve this, with above hint from OverRated, to remove the GetTable node, then i quit. Reopened, and had to re-add the slots, and variables inside Equipment widget. It might be enough to just delete the node, and readding it without the extra steps.

                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]123709[/ATTACH]
                                Glad that helpped, epic states this isn't a bug its more a design flaw in UMG, as long as your slots are still showing within the widget with the issue recompiling should be the only thing you need to do to clear the issue.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X