No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did what you told me and I solved the problem. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
      Also I was able to get in touch with Epic directly today.
      They said the 1.7 update should get out sometime tomorrow (Tuesday, December 20th) during their work day.
      Have you already posted the manual update steps?

WIP Thread

Comment

it was updated today

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
          Have you already posted the manual update steps?
          The update notes are always linked in the first post.
          You can find them here

Originally posted by Axxi View Post
          it was updated today
          Took them long enough!, I apologize for the delay everyone. I'm just happy they got it out before the holidays.

I will be on vacation for the holidays so if you need any support the best way to reach me is always by email as I will get those messages on my phone.
          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
          Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
          Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Just to let people know what possible with this inventory system and its logic, I based our games inventory off the ARPG inventory logic our game got greenlit a few weeks back, so i thought i would share some features people my want to add into there own inventory systems.

Equipment dependency's
            Having a single item occupy more than a single Equipment slot.

Item Durability
            Items slowly degrade over time and use.

Item Popup Menu
            Offers Features like item amount splitting, Use, Dropping, Repairing, Scraping really any logical related to the inventory and the item should be added here to call.
            Last edited by OverRated_AU; 12-23-2016, 02:32 PM.

Comment

looks great

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                Just to let people know what possible with this inventory system and its logic, I based our games inventory off the ARPG inventory logic our game got greenlit a few weeks back, so i thought i would share some features people my want to add into there own inventory systems.

Equipment dependency's
                Having a single item occupy more than a single Equipment slot.

Item Durability
                Items slowly degrade over time and use.

Item Popup Menu
                Offers Features like item amount splitting, Use, Dropping, Repairing, Scraping really any logical related to the inventory and the item should be added here to call.
                Any chance you are going to share those BP hacks?

Update: I previously asked for info about dynamic MainHand socket. However, the animations i have which use a different MainHand bone, are being updated (just got the info). So if you own Riko's 2 Hand aniamtions, he will update those to work with Hand R bone.
                Last edited by unit23; 12-22-2016, 11:26 AM.
                LEGENDS OF EPICA | CS - SPACE ALPHA

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                  Any chance you are going to share those BP hacks?

Blueprint hacks? taking a template learning from it then building a new inventory system based on similar logic isn't classed as hack lol, also people building upon this inventory system adapting it to there needs also isn't hacks dude lol, and i'm sure you can learn these hacks your self.

Comment

The inventory and equipment window can not be moved any more, how can I fix it?

Comment

Can we have a trade example within this system?

Comment

Originally posted by Max Sabino View Post
                        Window Drag has been disable until Epic fixes the UMG bug which breaks the inventory slots once the UI is dragged.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Sabino View Post
                          Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                          Window Drag has been disable until Epic fixes the UMG bug which breaks the inventory slots once the UI is dragged.
                          Yes like overrated stated there is logic to toggle on and off the window drag in the widgets. When epic fixes their bug in 4.15 you can just set the default value to allow dragging by default. Or feel free to change the logic as dragging windows has nothing to do with the inventory system and this does not affect the drag and drop of items.

If you read the patch notes it explains what logic was added to toggle the drag and also points towards the epic bug report on answer hub for the reasons why the drag is disabled currently. You are free to turn it back on but please understand with the current engine bug it will cause issues when testing and these bugs are not Inventory related. So it's better to just leave it off for now and continue to work on your project until the engine bug is fixed. You can reposition the default locations of windows by editing the UMG layout files.
                          Last edited by Pirate; 12-24-2016, 09:31 AM.
                          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                          Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                          Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                            Can someone post an example how to prepare weapon skeletal meshes with Blender, or briefly outline the required steps? Adding just a skeletal mesh results in a flickering weapon, only briefly visible while moving, not exactly sure why
                            Could this be the problem?
                            Code:
                            *Engine Bug Workaround Fix*
                            - Set Master Pose node on EquipmentCharacter's MainHand and OffHand Skeletal meshes can cause some imported art to flicker and disappear when attached to sockets.
                            Spoiler: 

[EquipmentCharacter]
                            - Simply remove the Set Master Pose node at the end of the logic in the OnRep_MainHandMesh() and OnRep_OffHandMesh() functions.
                            (It's really not needed on skeletal meshes that get attached to a socket. It's for syncing meshes to the same animation BP so they animate in sync but never caused issues in earlier engine versions)

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                              Could this be the problem?
                              Code:
                              *Engine Bug Workaround Fix*
                              - Set Master Pose node on EquipmentCharacter's MainHand and OffHand Skeletal meshes can cause some imported art to flicker and disappear when attached to sockets.
                              Spoiler: 

[EquipmentCharacter]
                              - Simply remove the Set Master Pose node at the end of the logic in the OnRep_MainHandMesh() and OnRep_OffHandMesh() functions.
                              (It's really not needed on skeletal meshes that get attached to a socket. It's for syncing meshes to the same animation BP so they animate in sync but never caused issues in earlier engine versions)
                              Yes, I think it's what makes it flash and disappear for some people.
                              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

hey guys, I'm having some really weird bug here.
                                I quit the project last time with a fully functioning system. Then after opening the project again (without changing anything) there are many errors when playing.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	errorlog.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	1120570

full log
                                Code:
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Attempted to access missing property. If this is a packaged/cooked build, are you attempting to use an editor-only property? from function: 'ExecuteUbergraph_InventoryLayout' from node: Set InventorySlots in graph: EventGraph in object: InventoryLayout with description: Attempted to access missing property. If this is a packaged/cooked build, are you attempting to use an editor-only property?
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Attempted to access missing property. If this is a packaged/cooked build, are you attempting to use an editor-only property? from function: 'ExecuteUbergraph_InventoryLayout' from node: Set InventorySlots in graph: EventGraph in object: InventoryLayout with description: Attempted to access missing property. If this is a packaged/cooked build, are you attempting to use an editor-only property?
                                Info Play in editor start time for /Game/InventorySystem/Maps/UEDPIE_0_InventoryExampleMap 0.567
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item from function: 'ClearInventorySlotItems' from node: Set ItemInformation in graph: ClearInventorySlotItems in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Attempted to assign to None from function: 'ClearInventorySlotItems' from node: Set ItemInformation in graph: ClearInventorySlotItems in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Attempted to assign to None
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item from function: 'ClearInventorySlotItems' from node: Set ItemInformation in graph: ClearInventorySlotItems in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Attempted to assign to None from function: 'ClearInventorySlotItems' from node: Set ItemInformation in graph: ClearInventorySlotItems in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Attempted to assign to None
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item from function: 'SetInventorySlotItem' from node: Set ItemInformation in graph: SetInventorySlotItem in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Attempted to assign to None from function: 'SetInventorySlotItem' from node: Set ItemInformation in graph: SetInventorySlotItem in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Attempted to assign to None
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item from function: 'SetInventorySlotItem' from node: Set ItemInformation in graph: SetInventorySlotItem in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item
                                Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Attempted to assign to None from function: 'SetInventorySlotItem' from node: Set ItemInformation in graph: SetInventorySlotItem in object: InventoryManagerComponent with description: Attempted to assign to None
                                In my InventoryLayout Widget the referenced Equipment Widget looks like this.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	inventorylayout.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	1120571
                                By deleting and adding the Equipment Widget again it looks normal again. When I change the 3 variables that reference the old (buged) Equipment Widget to the new Equipment Widget reference, my game works fine again.
                                (The Equipment Widget is referenced 3 times: in the InventoryLayout Widget, and twice in the Open/Close Equipment Window function inside the InventoryManagerComponent).

But my game just works until I restart the editor again, then I'm getting the same errors again.
                                I already tried deleting Intermediate, Saved and DataCache folder, same problem.

Has someone experienced anything similar? Or does someone have a clue what's happening here?
                                Last edited by Infyy; 12-26-2016, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X