No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to make the camera work like the standard third person template, without the click and drag and have the cursor only pop up when the inventory is open?

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaHemi View Post
      Is there a way to make the camera work like the standard third person template, without the click and drag and have the cursor only pop up when the inventory is open?
      Yes, just give me a little bit and I'll make a quick tutorial video showing what to change and I'll post it here.

* Update *

Tutorial: FPS Controls w/ Toggle UI Mode
      Last edited by Pirate; 01-27-2016, 09:24 PM.
      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Thank you that would be awesome!

Comment

Been playing around with this in my survival project. It's nice and clean. Probably the best package I've seen on the marketplace so far.
          Last edited by Robviously; 01-27-2016, 10:51 PM.
          Robviously - Lone Pioneer Studios

Marketplace Items:
          Mount and Taming Blueprint
          Status Effects and Combat Text Blueprint
          Laser Rangefinder Blueprint

Comment

I was able to make my own lootable NPC, however the Gold Amount seems to be capped at 208 for setting the quantity they're carrying. I haven't been able to find where that max value is stored. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by chlballi View Post
              I was able to make my own lootable NPC, however the Gold Amount seems to be capped at 208 for setting the quantity they're carrying. I haven't been able to find where that max value is stored. Thoughts?
              The Item Amount and MaxStackAmount variables are a BYTE which is capping Items to have a max Amount of 255 (a BYTE can be a value of 0-255).
              It was done as a network performance optimization (you may have noticed in a lot of games the max stack size is usually up to 256).
              But now I think it's a little overkill, so I'm going to change it back to an INT to keep it simple for people in the next update.

The Item properties are in the Items/ItemList. If an Item is set to IsStackable than the Amount can be between 1 and MaxStackSize
              So if you are trying to set the Item Amount higher than 256 that is why you are seeing this issue. When looting Items of the Currency type it ignores the MaxStackSize, but because the Item amount is a Byte it's causing it to set it back below 256 when the INT is turned into a BYTE

I will submit the fix ASAP.

I am also recording a video tutorial going over how to change the Amount and MaxStackSize to INT, as this will serve as a good example to show where you need to update in the system when you make changes to your Item properties. The video will be online tomorrow
              Last edited by Pirate; 01-28-2016, 12:53 AM.
              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
              Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
              Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Added this into a survival game project me and a friend are working on, and it is very easy to setup, now its time to try to add a crafting system to it, for the price i think its well worth it.

Comment

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome!
                  Best asset I have purchased on the Market by far! (but **** that US to CAD conversion...$$$)

Glad to see the camera "fix" is easy to implement, and thanks for the video Pirate.
                  One thing I am wondering about that I have come across, is there a way to reset the Character/Inventory/Player Health boxes?
                  If the demo is running in window mode and you click and drag a box off screen, it's gone for good!
                  I also found that when it is full screen you can drag and flick the boxes right off the screen, never to been seen again lol

It would be great if there was a "Re-initialize UI" button that would put all boxes back on screen in their default position or even if the boxes could only be dragged to the edge of the screen and then couldn't be pushed over past the edge of the box.

Also, the item info floaty box always appears down in the bottom right corner. It would be great if it popped up near the item you are hovering over.
                  (Probably something we can change on our own easily enough)
                  I just haven't got that far yet!

Amazing work though, it's so clean...

Comment

Originally posted by Demrok View Post
                    Best asset I have purchased on the Market by far! (but **** that US to CAD conversion...$$$)

Glad to see the camera "fix" is easy to implement, and thanks for the video Pirate.
                    One thing I am wondering about that I have come across, is there a way to reset the Character/Inventory/Player Health boxes?
                    If the demo is running in window mode and you click and drag a box off screen, it's gone for good!
                    I also found that when it is full screen you can drag and flick the boxes right off the screen, never to been seen again lol

It would be great if there was a "Re-initialize UI" button that would put all boxes back on screen in their default position or even if the boxes could only be dragged to the edge of the screen and then couldn't be pushed over past the edge of the box.

Also, the item info floaty box always appears down in the bottom right corner. It would be great if it popped up near the item you are hovering over.

You can make the dragable boxes so there screen bound, so they can't be dragged to far off the screen, this will probably be fixed in a update but i can show you how this can be added in once I'm home from work.

Comment

Also, you can easily set it up so the windows always open at the same initial location. This may be something you might want to do depening on the project and should only take a few minutes. Setting the item hover location would be a quick change as well.
                      Robviously - Lone Pioneer Studios

Marketplace Items:
                      Mount and Taming Blueprint
                      Status Effects and Combat Text Blueprint
                      Laser Rangefinder Blueprint

Comment

Originally posted by Demrok View Post

fix* hhaha. I didn't think the controls were that bad I thought it would be neat to do it closer to a MMO style control scheme and a little different than what everyone else is used to for some variety

I can see that being an issue if you're moving widgets and tossing them around a lot. I will work on adding a "Lock to viewport" type setup for the next update.
                        Also I'll add Tooltip at mouse location to the TODO list.

I am very invested in this and I want to assure you all that I will do my best to support the products and make improvements as the engine changes and newer features are made available.
                        I also welcome feedback and want to make sure even the demo content is a good working base. If the suggestions benefit all users I am happy to make the updates.
                        If it's a more specific request I'll try to do a tutorial so it doesn't clutter the base code for others who won't need that change.

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                        You can make the dragable boxes so there screen bound, so they can't be dragged to far off the screen, this will probably be fixed in a update but i can show you how this can be added in once I'm home from work.
                        That would be great if you can post it in the thread so other people can make the changes themselves too instead of waiting for an update.

Because it might not be until Monday at the earliest until the update is out as epic doesn't work through the weekend and I am working on creating a bunch more video tutorials over the next few days.

I will also be creating a changelog in the first post so that people can see what is coming in the next update and a change log of all the additions since launch.
                        Last edited by Pirate; 01-28-2016, 03:30 AM.
                        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Hey !
                          Great work ! this is awesome.

I've read people have managed to merge this system into their own project, but I can't seem to figure out how. I already have a character bluprint in my prototype and merging this system in my project (obviously), doesn't seem to do much. I thought I could copy the gist of it in the level blueprint but since I'm a beginner of course I didn't realize my mistake before visualizing it.
                          Any idea how I can merge the systems with my own project ?

Thanks again for this hard work, the example map itself works very well.

Comment

Ok I did figure out how to do half of it. Selecting the Inventory classes for hud etc in the game mode merged all the inventory aspect. Now all I have to figure out is how to merge my character controller class with the inventory character class without having to recreate all the functions :v

Comment

Originally posted by exphrasis View Post
                              Ok I did figure out how to do half of it. Selecting the Inventory classes for hud etc in the game mode merged all the inventory aspect. Now all I have to figure out is how to merge my character controller class with the inventory character class without having to recreate all the functions :v
                              You will have to update the cast from InventoryPlayerController to your own controller in some of the Usable blueprints and also the InventoryManager and UI Blueprints.
                              Also I would recommend changing your character class to use the EquipmentCharacter as it's base that way you don't have to manually move the player equipment setup into your own character if you don't want to right away.

I will be releasing a video later this evening that will go over the merge steps.

\\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                                The Item Amount and MaxStackAmount variables are a BYTE which is capping Items to have a max Amount of 255 (a BYTE can be a value of 0-255).
                                It was done as a network performance optimization (you may have noticed in a lot of games the max stack size is usually up to 256).
                                But now I think it's a little overkill, so I'm going to change it back to an INT to keep it simple for people in the next update.

The Item properties are in the Items/ItemList. If an Item is set to IsStackable than the Amount can be between 1 and MaxStackSize
                                So if you are trying to set the Item Amount higher than 256 that is why you are seeing this issue. When looting Items of the Currency type it ignores the MaxStackSize, but because the Item amount is a Byte it's causing it to set it back below 256 when the INT is turned into a BYTE

I will submit the fix ASAP.

I am also recording a video tutorial going over how to change the Amount and MaxStackSize to INT, as this will serve as a good example to show where you need to update in the system when you make changes to your Item properties. The video will be online tomorrow
                                Thanks for the quick response! That makes sense now, and I will probably cap each stack of inventory items to 99 to keep things neat, but am looking forward to uncapping the Currency limit. That will make boss rewards, quest rewards, etc more lucrative. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X