• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will the new update be published?

Comment

Originally posted by Emrehan View Post
      When will the new update be published?
      The update has been submitted to Epic. It can take them a day or 5 to update. Usually they are pretty fast lately. So I suspect mid week.

I will finish adding screenshots to the patch notes and finalise them tonight.
      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
        The update has been submitted to Epic. It can take them a day or 5 to update. Usually they are pretty fast lately. So I suspect mid week.

I will finish adding screenshots to the patch notes and finalise them tonight.
        Cool. Thanks!

WIP Thread

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	1
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	1120013

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	1
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	1120014

When you change inventory size to custom (28 on image) and inventory slots per row to a custom number (15 on image) and start add/remoe additioanal slots in to inventory, these slots will use custom (6 slots per row) layout. Where to look @ to fix it?
          Last edited by Medvega; 12-13-2016, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptaline View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]121311[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]121312[/ATTACH]

When you change inventory size to custom (28 on image) and inventory slots per row to a custom number (15 on image) and start adding/removivng additioanal slots in to inventory, these slots will use custom (6 slots per row) layout. Where to look @ to fix it?

If you look inside the InventoryManagerComponent->IncreaseInventorySlots() function you will see there is a local variable called LocalMaxRowSize set to 6.
            It should really just be reading the InventorySlotsPerRow class variable in the two places this local variable is used and you can delete that LocalMaxRowSize variable after updating the logic.

I have added that bug to the update and patch notes. Thank you
            Last edited by Pirate; 12-12-2016, 08:27 PM.
            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
            Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
            Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Hi - How would I use a skeletal mesh in my Usable Object? I tried just adding it but I can't click on it like I can the Static Mesh?

Thanks
              Every day I beat my own previous record for the number of days I've stayed alive!

Comment

Originally posted by GeeksGoneBad View Post
                Hi - How would I use a skeletal mesh in my Usable Object? I tried just adding it but I can't click on it like I can the Static Mesh?

Thanks
                Make sure to check the Skeletal Mesh components Collision Preset. Most notably the Trace Channel.
                With the 1.7 update you want Visibility to Block.
                If you are using the MPTopDownKit you'll want the channel Clickable to Block.
                \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Thanks for the reply - but I tried setting all the settings to the same that the Static Mesh was and it doesn't work for me - let me explain a little better what I tried... I took a Usable Actor, set the staticmesh to nothing - dropped in a Skeletal mesh - so far it *looks* like I want it to - but I do not get the little "press E to use" thing and cannot press E when I'm pointing at it - so I missed something for sure

Thanks for the help!
                  Every day I beat my own previous record for the number of days I've stayed alive!

Comment

Thanks for the reply - but I tried setting all the settings to the same that the Static Mesh was and it doesn't work for me - let me explain a little better what I tried... I took a Usable Actor, set the staticmesh to nothing - dropped in a Skeletal mesh - so far it *looks* like I want it to - but I do not get the little "press E to use" thing and cannot press E when I'm pointing at it - so I missed something for sure

Thanks for the help!
                    It shouldn't matter if there is no static mesh set and you added a new skeletal mesh component. As long as the Skeletal mesh blocks visibility it will work.
                    It really just sounds like unreal isn't hitting the collision of your Skeletal mesh. Have you setup the physics asset for your skeletal mesh, or double checked it has collision bounds?
                    \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Ahhh! That was it! I didn't have the physics asset set right for the skeletal mesh - I had created one, but after the import so it didn't set it automagically for it - all I had to do was set it from the drop down and all is good! Thanks for the right direction!

Comment

nice work ! congrats !

MarketPlace Assets:|Time SHIFT| |Quick Gravity Tools|

{Time SHIFT Free Demo} |Quick Gravity Tools Free Demo| {Time SHIFT Forum Thread}

|Facebook| |Youtube| |E-mail|

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                          It shouldn't matter if there is no static mesh set and you added a new skeletal mesh component. As long as the Skeletal mesh blocks visibility it will work.
                          It really just sounds like unreal isn't hitting the collision of your Skeletal mesh. Have you setup the physics asset for your skeletal mesh, or double checked it has collision bounds?
                          There are however some issues with the current collision setup. When the object is in front of the player it works most of the times, but when the object is on the floor, it only works sporadically (Using merged project, with clickable collision channel).

See video, using radius 20, tried 100 too. Any idea what could be done to improve the tracing? Basically it should work always, just a click would be enough for my needs. Physic asset is setup okay. Clickable is enabled upon death.

https://youtu.be/RLUd2L8G3vQ
                          Last edited by unit23; 12-16-2016, 08:39 PM.
                          LEGENDS OF EPICA | CS - SPACE ALPHA

Comment

Have you tried - in the "GetUsableActor" in the "InventoryPlayerController" set the "Trace Complex" of the "LineTraceForObjects" to true - and that made the accuracy a lot better for me

Comment

Have you tried - in the "GetUsableActor" in the "InventoryPlayerController" set the "Trace Complex" of the "LineTraceForObjects" to true - and that made the accuracy a lot better for me
                              Thanks Geek, for some reason i had set MultiTrace Works now as intended.
                              LEGENDS OF EPICA | CS - SPACE ALPHA

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                                Thanks Geek, for some reason i had set MultiTrace Works now as intended.
                                Perfect
                                \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Working...
                                X